Page 16 of 24 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 160 of 235
  1. #151
    ROG Member Array
    Join Date
    Dec 2021
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    17

    Quote Originally Posted by Ataemonus View Post
    You are wrong, the Intel official drivers are generic, for all solutions based on their controllers.
    Straight from Intel's website:

    "This software may also apply to Intel® Ethernet Controllers. Support for built-in network connections is provided by the system or board manufacturer."

    I'm glad there are people not having issues with these drivers, but the fact is some people are. The condescending responses do not contribute anything to this discussion. I've built dozens of PC's; don't assume someone with a low post count here doesn't know what they're doing.

  2. #152
    ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Reputation
    245
    Posts
    254

    Post count is irrelevant, however, the issues faced are quite relevant and speak loads to somebody's experience and knowledge.
    Also, if you can understand the difference between hardware IDs and specific vendor IDs, that would also help your case ;-)
    A funny fact is that you linked to the Windows 10 driver packages, admitedly, the same as the Windows 11 ones, but shows you're not even looking in the right place to begin with.

    Do not get me wrong, it's quite possible that somebody is having legitimate issues with the drivers, but the greater chance is that the issues are user caused, a fact which you seem to completely ignore.
    Last edited by Ataemonus; 04-17-2022 at 01:13 AM.

  3. #153
    ROG Member Array
    Join Date
    Dec 2021
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    17

    If you think a BSOD on a clean install of Windows that happens with one set of drivers but not another is somehow "user caused" and not an issue with the driver or hardware combination, then I'm not sure what to tell you. I'm not here to argue, but you sure make a lot of assumptions about the experience and knowledge of people you don't know.

  4. #154
    ROG Member Array
    Join Date
    Jan 2022
    Reputation
    23
    Posts
    5

    Quote Originally Posted by funkyd View Post
    I'm running a clean install of Windows 11. Prime Z690-A motherboard. The only "official" drivers are the ones available on Asus's site, Intel's drivers are only officially supported for Intel ethernet cards, not integrated ethernet controllers.

    Also, the fact the bluescreen is a kernel security check failure points more to a driver or hardware compatibility issue than a Windows install issue. Two people have reported BSOD's, and we're doing so here to warn others so they update with caution.
    Was also getting BSOD on win11 with these drivers. Had to roll back to the last one. Same motherboard.

  5. #155
    ROG Member Array
    Join Date
    Dec 2021
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    17

    Quote Originally Posted by MoKiChU View Post
    Therefore, some third party apps that use NDIS drivers/devices (like Avast and its Avast! Firewall NDIS Filter Miniport) and/or that use WFP (Windows Filtering Platform) can cause your NetAdapter miniport driver kernel to crash/BSoD.
    Thank you for this information! This helped me track down the cause on my system. I am still testing, but virtualization appears to break these drivers. This includes Windows Sandbox and Windows Subsystem for Linux. Removing these allows the drivers to install. Reinstalling either will cause a BSOD after the 2nd reboot (the 1st reboot completes the feature installation, and the system appears to be stable until the 2nd reboot).

    Anyone else who experienced BSOD's, can you respond if you're using Windows Sandbox, WSL, Hyper-V, or any other type of virtualization such as Bluestacks, VirtualBox, etc? If someone with a stable system wants to test by installing one of these features, just be aware you'll need to enter Safe Mode and remove the ethernet driver if you end up in a boot loop.

  6. #156
    ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Reputation
    245
    Posts
    254

    Quote Originally Posted by funkyd View Post
    If you think a BSOD on a clean install of Windows that happens with one set of drivers
    Quote Originally Posted by funkyd View Post
    I am still testing, but virtualization appears to break these drivers. This includes Windows Sandbox and Windows Subsystem for Linux.
    Clearly, your definition of a "clean install on Windows" is quite different than what the actual wording would suggest, as I am yet to find any version of Windows that comes by default with WS and WSL installed.

  7. #157
    ROG Guru: Green Belt Array ahfoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Reputation
    191
    Posts
    696

    @ MoKiChU, thank you for your update. Appreciated.

  8. #158
    ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Reputation
    245
    Posts
    254

    Thank you, Mokichu.

  9. #159
    ROG Enthusiast Array djase PC Specs
    djase PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS ROG CROSSHAIR VIII Dark Hero X570
    ProcessorAMD Ryzen 9 5900X
    Memory (part number)G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32GB 3600CL16-16-16-36
    Graphics Card #1Gainward GeForce RTX 4090 Phantom
    MonitorALIENWARE AW3821DW / BenQ XL2411T / LG55C1
    Storage #1Samsung 980 PRO 1TB Nvme PCIe 4.0
    Storage #2Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB
    CPU CoolerCorsair ICUE H150i Elite LCD
    CaseLian Li PC-O11DX Black
    Power SupplyCorsair RM1000x & CableMod Classic ModFlex C-Series Cable Black/Blue
    Keyboard Corsair K95 RGB Platinum - BROWN -
    Mouse Logitech G502 LIGHTSPEED
    Headset Corsair Virtuoso RGB Wireless CARBON / Sony WH1000XM4
    Headset/Speakers Hisense HS214 2.1
    OS Windows 11 Pro 22H2 64 bit
    djase's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Reputation
    63
    Posts
    40

    Quote Originally Posted by MoKiChU View Post
    Hi everyone,

    - Intel WiFi Drivers (Drivers Only) :
    Drivers - 9xxx/AXxxx : 22.140.0.2 WHQL [18/04/2022]
    Download - 9xxx/AXxxx : Link


    Thread updated.
    Cheers mate as usual.

  10. #160
    ROG Enthusiast Array RamGuy PC Specs
    RamGuy PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)MacBook Pro 13-inch retina with touch bar 2016
    MotherboardAsus Maximus X Apex @ 1003
    ProcessorIntel Core i7-8700K @ 4.9GHz
    Memory (part number)G.Skill 4266MHz 2x 8GiB (F4-4266C19D-16GTZR)
    Graphics Card #1EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Hybrid
    Sound CardHegel HD12 External DAC
    MonitorAsus RoG PG348Q + Asus RoG PG278Q
    Storage #1Samsung 960 Pro NVMe 1TB
    Storage #2Samsung 960 Evo NVMe 1TB
    CPU CoolerNZXT Kraken X62
    CasePhanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX Tempered Glass Black
    Power SupplySeasonic Platinum 1200W (SS-1200XP3)
    Keyboard Corsair K70 RGB RapidFire Cherry MX Speed
    Mouse Logitech G Pro
    Headset Sennheiser HD 800
    Mouse Pad SteelSeries QcK Extended
    OS Windows 10 Pro (1709 Fall Creators Update)
    Network RouterGoogle WiFi with 3x nodes (Previously Asus RT-AC5300)
    Accessory #1 Xbox One Elite Controller + Wireless Adapter
    Accessory #2 Zowie Mouse Bungie
    Accessory #3 TPM-Module (Trusted Platform Module)
    RamGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    48

    I was struggling with this like crazy. Both the 2.0.1.3 offered directly by Asus and 2.0.1.7 offered directly by Intel was causing non-stop kernel security check BSOD. Had to disable all kinds of virtualization software in Windows 11 such as Hyper-V, Guarded Host, and Microsoft Defender Application Guard.

    Does seem like a massive oversight? I can understand that generic Intel drivers might cause issues, but the fact that Asus themselves list 2.0.1.3 as the only Windows 11 driver for my Asus Z690 Maximus Hero and it doesn't work with common Windows 11 features without causing non-stop BSOD is bad.

Page 16 of 24 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •