cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G531gt weird popping sound issue

aaassddffgg
Level 8
I bought a g531GT about a week into owning the laptop there has been a weird popping sound from the speakers(?) it happens at random and oddly enough it also occurs when moving the mouse or the touchpad or even typing . I have reinstalled the sound drivers and updated every driver i could think of. yet the popping noises still persist. Anyone have any ideas what to do about this ?
7 REPLIES 7

jdfrench3
Level 12
If mine, I would return the laptop to the seller and ask for a replacement/refund.

If seller provides no solution, then I would return the laptop to ASUS for repair/replacement.

Good Luck
G752VSK, G75VW-3D, G51J, G1S
Homebuilt Windows Server

jdfrench3 wrote:
If mine, I would return the laptop to the seller and ask for a replacement/refund.

If seller provides no solution, then I would return the laptop to ASUS for repair/replacement.

Good Luck

I think I may do that. however unfortunate. Thank you for your opinion in this

Blake1
Level 10
Hello aaassddffgg,
May I have a record of the sound?
Does the sound come out on headphone?
Thank you so much.

Hello sorry for late wieving i know your problem it happens to me actually. It's not coming from speaker or hard drive, it comes from your processor. It's a common problem in new 9th and 10th generation processors. To get rid of that you just have to open your power management menu and then customize all of your power plans then lower your maximum cpu usage about %5 its gonna solve it. If it's not i don't know what to do

shubhbarnwal
Level 7
aaassddffgg wrote:
I bought a g531GT about a week into owning the laptop there has been a weird popping sound from the speakers(?) it happens at random and oddly enough it also occurs when moving the mouse or the touchpad or even typing . I have reinstalled the sound drivers and updated every driver i could think of. yet the popping noises still persist. Anyone have any ideas what to do about this ?

Did you got any solution to that weird popping sound?
It's happening with me too on random interval!
Whenever I restart my laptop, that sound persists and on restarting for about 2-3 times solves the issue.
But, this is not the fix, I am searching for one.
If you have any, please let me know!
Thanks in advance!

I had a similar issue.
I have a corsair mouse which uses icue software to control it.
The thing is the icue is broken and it constantly turns the gpu on and off. It can't enter standby.
What follows are huge spikes in system latency creating very audible pops from the speakers.
Installing older version of icue software fixed the issue.
Do you guys have a icue app by any chance on your pc?

same laptop same issue here, mine started a year later though.. once this popping starts happening the speakers reduce volume and anything I listen to starts cracking..the only fix is restarting..began after sonic studio III update