cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help urgent for my G74SX-3D version

RobinJack
Level 7
when i come back home from work, I start up my laptop but it will hang till I do a power shut down, and then recover in safety mode then restart to windows, may I ask what causes this? can someone help me thanks. I just bought this laptop in IT show this year only.
3 REPLIES 3

xeromist
Does it actually get into safe mode? If it does then you may want to try doing a system restore to an earlier point. Here is some information on that(for Win 7 & Vista):
http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/using-windows-vista-system-restore/
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

ColonelS
Level 9
try the above system restore 1st.. if it doesnt help, you could try factory restore.. hit on the F9 ( or F8 someone clarify? ) during startup and follow the instructions.

.. or bring it down to asus service centre to let them have a look
Click ->Republic of Gamers<- official Facebook page

ColonelS wrote:
try the above system restore 1st.. if it doesnt help, you could try factory restore.. hit on the F9 ( or F8 someone clarify? ) during startup and follow the instructions.

It's F9.

RobinJack wrote:
when i come back home from work, I start up my laptop but it will hang till I do a power shut down, and then recover in safety mode then restart to windows

Try out the factory or system restore like ColonelS suggests. I hope that this problem has nothing to do with your pre-installed software, otherwise doing either of the restore processes will just bring up the problem again.