cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG zephyrus GA502 underperforming

Zer0j
Level 7
I just bought me and my wife matching ROG Zephyrus GA502's, open box at bestbuy one for 750 and one for 790. The problem is, my wife played subnautica, ran perfect, screen was flickering so we exchanged it, her new one will not play subnautica well at all. I downloaded it on mine and it works great. Ive updated all drivers, anyone have any idea what could be wrong?
2 REPLIES 2

xeromist
Without more information it's impossible to tell. Could be overheating, component failure, software misconfiguration, power adapter not charging, etc.
But if you have two machines and one doesn't work out of the box then I would return it if you can. You might be able to get it working but how much time do you want to spend when this should be the retailer or manufacturer's job?
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

cl-Albert
US Customer Loyalty Agent
Zer0j wrote:
I just bought me and my wife matching ROG Zephyrus GA502's, open box at bestbuy one for 750 and one for 790. The problem is, my wife played subnautica, ran perfect, screen was flickering so we exchanged it, her new one will not play subnautica well at all. I downloaded it on mine and it works great. Ive updated all drivers, anyone have any idea what could be wrong?

You may also want to compare Windows 10 versions (search /run 'Winver' to see if you are running the latest Win10 v1909 which maybe you don't want to yet if your working unit isn't running it?) and check if any Windows updates are available (don't forget to restart Windows rather than shutdown and turn on the system again for software changes to take affect).

Assuming you just want to get a better idea if there is some simple fix you can do, or if there is a hardware problem with the other unit, consider installing more games/programs on both systems to see if there are more problems on the bad unit, or there is an issue with just a single game which can hopefully be solved.

You might also want to try to reset Windows on the problem unit especially if you don't have much on it yet that you're worried about and it didn't come in the 'Windows Welcome' condition when you received it.

If you did any hardware/memory upgrades with the unit, consider that too.

Feel free to request more ideas if necessary.