Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array bass junkie xl PC Specs
    bass junkie xl PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus Rog XI Code Z-390 -Bios -1502
    Processori9-9900-Ks @ 5.3/4.9 Cache @ 1.32v
    Memory (part number)32 GB ( 8 GB x 4 ) Team Group X @ 4133 mhz cl-17-17-17-34 @ 1.45v / vccio = 1.25v/ vcssa = 1.25 v
    Graphics Card #1RTX 3080 EVGA XC3 Ultra
    Sound CardMotherboard Realtec , Driver 87.46
    MonitorAsus PG279Q , 27 inch 165 HZ , 1440p G-Sync
    Storage #1Samsung 970 evo 1 TB x 2 m.2 nvme ssd
    Storage #2Samsung 970 evo + 500 GB (OS ) m.2 nvme ssd
    CPU CoolerDeep Cool Gamermaxx 360mm v2 / Kraken G12 s36 360mm
    CaseThermaltake View 71 full Glass
    Power SupplyEvga 1000w Platnuim
    Keyboard Corsair K95 Platnuim RGB
    Mouse Corsair Night Sword RGB
    Headset Razer Kraken 7.1 chroma
    Mouse Pad Asus Sheeth Large
    Headset/Speakers Logitech Z-5500 THX 5.1
    OS Windows 10-1909 x64 Pro

adia 64 is walk in the park for a cpu pass adia 64 then bsod / whea error on mine craft .

use asus real bench
    occt
    blender benchmark
    x256

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array

Quote Originally Posted by RedSector73 View Post
    Aida64 - System Stability Test
    Can stress
    CPU
    FPU
    Cache
    System memory
    Local disk(s)
    GPU

As a whole or individually

I'd call that comprehensive stress test, besides once got stable in it never found anything that prove otherwise.
    As Bass junkie said, AIDA64 puts a rather balanced load on the CPU. It isn't a bad tester but you have to rely on more than one test.
    I came up with minecraft "Spam" loading myself.
    My testing found that I can pass AIDA64 Stress FPU (This is an AVX test too) at a lower bios set voltage, than minecraft! Yes, minecraft requires a higher voltage.

The reason for this are transients. Minecraft puts an erratic up to 100% full core load on several different cores at once and gets shuffled around. This causes transient response to plummet down lower than what you get in something like Cinebench R20 or AIDA tests.

Another good test is Battlefield 5.. Loading certain maps can put a 100% violent transient core load on all cores at once, even all 20 threads. The ripple means that you can get a CPU Cache L0 error when this happens, while nothing happens at all AIDA tests, then you need more voltage. That's just how it is.

That's why I come up with my own tests. Super heavy load stress tests like Prime95 or AIDA stress FPU are great for finding your absolute minimum voltage you need to be stable, because the transients are stable and small because the load doesn't change violently during the test. Transients can't be picked up on voltage sensors. You need an oscilloscope. That's why those transient heavy tests I listed can be better as a transient voltage dip can go below the sensor "Vmin"--and then you're unstable.

If you really want to see some nasty transients, run Prime95 128K AVX in-place fixed. Buildzoid has an oscilloscope video of that test. The transients literally cause a MUCH greater "peak to peak" voltage ripple when you run that, while the RMS and sensor voltages only show the mean voltage. But it's the minimum transient voltage drop down point that determine how stable you really are!

ROG Guru: White Belt Array HisEvilness PC Specs
    HisEvilness PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS ROG Maximus Hero XI
    ProcessorIntel i7 8086k
    Memory (part number)32gb G.Skill TrridentZ RGB
    Graphics Card #1ASUS ROG 1080ti
    MonitorAcer Predator 27Inch/Iiyama G-Master GE2488HS-B2/ProLite E2474HDS
    Storage #1Samsung 960 EVO
    Storage #2Samsung 860 EVO x 2
    CPU CoolerCorsair 150i Pro
    CaseLian-Li Dynamic
    Power SupplyRMx 850
    Keyboard Roccat Vulcan 120 AIMO
    Mouse Roccat Kone AIMO
    Headset Sennheiser 58X
    OS Win 10 Pro 64
    Network RouterASUS RT-N18U

You can run prime95 with custom large FFTs to emulate a gaming load, normal Prime95 settings are OP but offer a good way to really push an OC to the brink so you know for sure it is stable. Add CpuSupportsAVX=0 to local.txt to turn off AVX.

New ROGer Array menaquinone PC Specs
    menaquinone PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)desktop
    MotherboardASUS Prime Z370-A
    ProcessorIntel Core i7-8700K
    Memory (part number)don't wanna say
    Graphics Card #1none
    Sound Cardnone/on_mobo
    Monitordon't wanna say
    Storage #1SSD
    CPU Coolerdon't remember
    Casedon't remember
    Power Supplydon't wanna say
    Keyboard don't wanna say
    Mouse don't wanna say
    OS Windows 7 64bit (temporary)

I have found that Prime95 (with the below settings, seen in screenshot) is the fastest to error (compared to OCCT, Intel XTU's stress tests, powermax, cinebench) and it causes the highest temperature(yes, it is using AVX and AVX2 even). Testing with others can cause you to waste minutes or hours until you see any error(s), if you even see any at all! That's why I always use Prime95 first, it usually errors in under 1 minute, then I know to decrease by like 0.010V or at most 0.02V and it's usually stable there. The longer it takes to error, the less I've to decrease in voltage. Only afterwards I can test with others like OCCT, but it would be a waste of electricity because they won't crash it...
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	p95_is_capture_005_03062020_165810.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	32.8 KB 
ID:	85132
    That being said, my testing experience is limited, so feel free to consider other people's advice instead.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2