cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RIVE LGA2011 in Lian Li X2000FB with Noctua NH-D14 SE2011 - Airflow?

EvilCensor
Level 7
Have some concerns and turn once again to you guys, the capacitors above the CPU nor the heat sink above them look to me like they will have much if any airflow once I install the Noctua. Considering that the PC will be on for very long periods of time with no over clocking to begin with - do you think things will be okay?

6 REPLIES 6

Area_66
Level 11
The Noctua and the rear fan should provide enough air, you don't need to blow the heat sink, a small displacement of air is enough, the important is to not have stagnant air .

EvilCensor
Level 7
Thanks for the info 🙂

Deleted and moved to another forum, sorry.

Giannis996
Level 9
more pics here plz its awesome !!
Project Name: System Specs:
Motherboard: Asus Rampage IV Black Edition
Prossesor: Intel Core i7 4820k
Graphic Card: Asus GTX Titan x2
*Power Supply: Cooler Master V850
Ram: 32Gb Corsair Dominator Platinum 2133Mhz
Case: Corsair Obsidian 750D
SSD: 2x Samsung Evo 250Gb Raid 0
HDD: 2x Seagate Baraccuda 2TB

Where can I go to learn how to fully use RIVE?. I'm new to the game
:confused:

Zka17
Level 16
From the pictures you provided, can't figure out how you planned the airflow on that area. I can se that you have a fan in the back and some holes above the cpu. My question is, how you want to orient the Noctua heatsink? Will blow from front to back or from bottom to up? In either case you must keep the airflow direction on the fan inline with the heatsink, but you can inverse the other one (as an intake). I would place the Noctua to blow backward, the rear fan to exhaust and the top fan to intake. Maybe, also use a deflector for the top fan to blow toward the motherboard...