cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aura randomly fails to detect ram on reboot or shutdown.

BParks21
Level 7
So I'm going mad trying to solve this. I have an Asus Maximus X Code and 32gbs Trident Z RGB 3000MHz. Recently Asus Aura would occasionally stop detecting my ram after a restart or reboot from shutdown. I'm running the latest Aura version 1.07.09. I've tried armoury crate several times and i'm done with that software. It doesn't work correctly either and imo it's way buggier. I'm also running the latest version of Windows 10 1909. I've clean installed Windows 10 3 times in the past 2 days. I'm also on the latest bios version. I've flashed back to the previous version, It didn't fix it. I also tried a bios version 2 years back from 2018, it also did not fix the issue. Yes i have completely powered down the system multiple times including removing the power cable. I've tried every stick in every combination of dim slots. CPUZ always shows all the correct data for the ram, capacity, frequency, timings, everything. So they are working correctly. I've only installed the latest drivers for my motherboard and gpu from the respective manufacturer websites and i have only discord running in the background. I'm about to buy a new motherboard and ram because nothing works. I don't think i'm going to find a solution. Can anyone help, I've tried everything?
2 REPLIES 2

boanjangnararmi
Level 7
I know this sounds weird and is probably a long shot for you since you reinstalled windows several times, but by any chance do you have Valorant (specifically Vanguard) installed? It was ultimately the reason my ram stopped showing up in Aura. What fixed it for me was uninstalling Valorant/Vanguard, then clean re-installing Armoury Crate.

boanjangnararmine wrote:
I know this sounds weird and is probably a long shot for you since you reinstalled windows several times, but by any chance do you have Valorant (specifically Vanguard) installed? It was ultimately the reason my ram stopped showing up in Aura. What fixed it for me was uninstalling Valorant/Vanguard, then clean re-installing Armoury Crate.

Nope I've never used that software.