Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 LastLast
    ROG Member Array

So I finally received a solution for my issue of armoury crate not detecting 2/8 sticks of gskill RGB ram in my $850 zenith II extreme alpha MB. Due to days of troubleshooting on my part I was able to determine that an old aura version 1.05.13 from 7/2017 I found under the original ZE downloads was able to detect and control the RGB of all 8 sticks of ram. Their solution is to uninstall armoury crate and just use that old aura version. I'm serious. That's the solution from their "engineers." So I guess I should just accept not being able to control my live dash (because that can only be controlled through armoury crate) and be happy that I can control the RGB of my ram with a program from 3 years ago. This is the last asus product I buy.

Administrator Array MasterC@ROG's Avatar

Hi Guys,

After seeing quite a few people here having issues when V3.0.4 launched. I got our guys to stamp out those issues asap. For a brief period, it was safer to keep those who did not update already to remain on the previous version while we sorted out the kinks. V3.0.4 is available again, and you won't need to do anything except reboot then wait for 10-15 min for Armoury Crate to update in the background (speed dependent on your network connection). The new update adds several useful features and tools, features such as exciting new Aura Sync modes, and a new log collection tool so it's less effort for you to provide system config info to us.

Please understand that issues are being reported with your help, but every new update has a schedule. Some of your reported issues may have been replicated, resolved, tested, and implemented in time for the next update, and some won't. If your issue isn't resolved yet in V3.0.4, it doesn't mean that nobody is listening and the fix isn't coming. We are a global brand, and our scope is far larger than this thread and forum. Please do not spam these threads or moderators' inboxes to expedite your own case - we can use our time more efficiently to improving our software (help us help you). As you will find, we have several people checking in and also many experienced individuals in our community who are very helpful (if you don't like what they have to say, at least they spent the time to answer you - please be nice).

This thread will be closed soon when a new one for V3.0.4 is created. Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by RoninWazza View Post
    Those with the new version 3.0.4.0, how/where did you get it?

I've just checked the ASUS sites and the only version available for download is still from 2020/01/17 version 2.7.13.0

Version 3... can't be any worse than what I'm using, 2.7.13.0.

The biggest frustration with this, isn't just the extremely buggy and poor quality software, to me, it is the appalling customer service from ASUS.

Surely, ASUS has to understand Customer Service 101 and that is to keep the customer updated as to what is happening. Communication is always the key to these things, even if it is just to say "hi all, we understand your frustrations and we are working as hard and as quickly as possible to rectify these issues" or words to that effect.

@MasterC@ASUS hasn't been seen in this thread since 07-17-2020 01:40 PM, almost 5 days ago. And even when he/she does post a response, it is always just to post a reply, seemingly at random, to user for their specific issue rather than addressing everyone here.

ASUS, lift your game please, you have some very disappointed fans and more importantly, customers, here. Please just communicate with us and let us know what is going on!

Thanks,
    Warren
    Last edited by MasterC@ROG; 07-22-2020 at 06:38 PM.

ROG Member Array AleksK PC Specs
    AleksK PC Specs
    MotherboardROG Zenith II Extreme Alpha
    ProcessorAMD Ryzen™ Threadripper™ 3970X
    Memory (part number)HyperX Predator DDR4 RGB 3200 MHz 8 x 16 GB
    Graphics Card #1ROG Strix GeForce RTX™ 2080 Ti Advanced edition
    Storage #1Seagate FireCuda® 520 - 500 GB
    Storage #2Seagate FireCuda® 520 - 2000 GB
    CPU CoolerDeepCool Castle 360EX
    CaseROG Strix Helios
    Power SupplyROG Thor 1200W
    Keyboard ROG Strix Flare RGB
    Mouse ROG Gladius II Origin
    Headset ROG Delta
    Mouse Pad ROG Sheath
    OS Windows 10
    Network RouterROG Rapture GT-AC5300

Quote Originally Posted by MasterC@ASUS View Post
    Hi Guys,

After seeing quite a few people here having issues when V3.0.4 launched. I got our guys to stamp out those issues asap. For a brief period, it was safer to keep those who did not update already to remain on the previous version while we sorted out the kinks. V3.0.4 is available again, and you won't need to do anything except reboot then wait for 10-15 min for Armoury Crate to update in the background (speed dependent on your network connection). The new update adds several useful features and tools, features such as exciting new Aura Sync modes, and a new log collection tool so it's less effort for you to provide system config info to us.

Please understand that issues are being reported with your help, but every new update has a schedule. Some of your reported issues may have been replicated, resolved, tested, and implemented in time for the next update, and some won't. If your issue isn't resolved yet in V3.0.4, it doesn't mean that nobody is listening and the fix isn't coming. We are a global brand, and our scope is far larger than this thread and forum. Please do not spam these threads or moderators' inboxes to expedite your own case - we can use our time more efficiently to improving our software (help us help you). As you will find, we have several people checking in and also many experienced individuals in our community who are very helpful (if you don't like what they have to say, at least they spent the time to answer you - please be nice).

This thread will be closed soon when a new one for V3.0.4 is created. Cheers.
    Hello,
    latest version still didn't discover my motherboard. I tried everything uninstall all components, delete Program data and Programs Files folders and install Armoury Crate again, without success. Please Help me!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2020-07-22.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	132.8 KB 
ID:	85713

Item Version
    ---- -------
    Armoury Crate UWP App 3.0.4.0
    ROG Live Service 1.1.2.0
    AURA Service (Lighting Service) 3.04.15
    Armoury Crate lite service 3.0.4
    ASUS AIOFan HAL 1.1.11
    ASUS AURA Extension Card HAL 1.0.23
    ASUS AURA Motherboard HAL 1.0.66
    ASUS AURA Odd Component 1.0.8
    ASUS Keyboard HAL 1.01.21
    ASUS MB Peripheral Products 1.0.32
    ASUS Mouse HAL 1.1.0.17
    ASUS MousePad HAL 1.0.1.2
    AacAudioHal 1.3.8.0
    AacDispaly 1.1.25
    AacVGA 0.0.2.6
    CosairDram 1.0.13
    KingstonDram 1.0.26
    AURA DRAM Component 1.0.48
    ENE RGB HAL 1.1.23.0
    ENE_DRAM_RGB_AURA42 1.00.02
    ENE_EHD_M2_HAL 1.0.5.0
    ENE_ESD_ASM_HAL 1.0.9.5
    GALAX GAMER RGB 1.00.02
    PHISON HAL 1.0.3.0
    Patriot Viper DRAM RGB 1.0.8.2
    Patriot Viper M2 SSD RGB 1.0.5.1
    Miniatura de Adjuntos Miniatura de Adjuntos 2020-07-22.png  

New ROGer Array

1. The BIOS/firmware version for your hardware.
    ASUS GR8 II
    2. The AURA SYNC products you own and any other 3rd-party lighting software.
    ASUS GR8 II console pc, ASUS Claymore Core Keyboard, ASUS Gladius II Mouse, ASUS Aura Terminal, ASUS ROG Strix Arion M.2 NVMe SSD Enclosure, ASUS FX HDD 2TB(EHD-A2T)
    3. If a power cycle has made any difference. (Shutdown, power off, unplug power cable for a minute)
    No
    4. If you have tried reinstalling Aura or Windows already.
    Crate reinstalled almost daily, Windows reinstalled twice.
    5. Do you have Aura for Graphics Cards installed also. (Please uninstall)
    No
    6. Windows Edition, Version, and OS build.
    Microsoft Windows 10 Home 10.0.18363 Build 18363
    7. If the same issue was present in the previous version(s).
    Yes
    State clearly the issue(s) you are experiencing.

Earlier this week after uninstalling and rerunning CCleaner and RivoUninstall, many reboots, I FINALLY got Crate working again. Then I woke up and the Crate App had updated, no longer responded to any commands, tried rebooting. After reboot Crate does not even see any of my Aura Sync devices. I try to uninstall again, now I get DLL missing errors when I click the device pages, and under the Aura Sync page it does not detect any devices, I even tried searching for updates. Then Crate tells me its missing prerquitsites, but no idea what or how to get them.

I have alot of money into this setup, I have ran exclusively ASUS hardware since the 1990s with a Socket 7 board. This may be the end of my buisness with ASUS because its causing so much headache. I am fixing software issues more than using it.

This was my working HAL versions
    Item Version
    ---- -------
    Armoury Crate UWP App 2.7.13.0
    ROG Live Service 1.1.2.0
    ASUS AIOFan HAL 1.1.11
    ASUS MB Peripheral Products 1.0.34
    ASUS Mouse HAL 1.1.0.23
    AacAudioHal 1.02.12
    AacDispaly 1.1.25
    AacVGA 0.0.2.6
    CosairDram 1.0.13
    KingstonDram 1.0.26
    ENE RGB HAL 1.1.23.0
    ENE_EHD_M2_HAL 1.0.5.0
    ENE_ESD_ASM_HAL 1.0.9.5
    GALAX GAMER RGB 1.00.02
    Patriot Viper M2 SSD RGB 1.00.04
    Patriot Viper RGB 1.00.08

This is what I woke upto this morning and not working at all.
    Item Version
    ---- -------
    ROG Live Service 1.1.2.0
    ASUS AIOFan HAL 1.1.11
    ASUS Mouse HAL 1.1.0.23
    AacAudioHal 1.02.12
    AacDispaly 1.1.25
    AacVGA 0.0.2.6
    CosairDram 1.0.13
    KingstonDram 1.0.26
    ENE RGB HAL 1.1.23.0
    ENE_EHD_M2_HAL 1.0.5.0
    ENE_ESD_ASM_HAL 1.0.9.5
    GALAX GAMER RGB 1.00.02

New ROGer Array

AacVGA is not updated

Item Version
    ---- -------
    ROG Live Service 1.1.2.0
    ASUS AIOFan HAL 1.1.11
    AacVGA 0.0.2.3
    KingstonDram 1.0.20
    AURA DRAM Component 1.0.37
    ENE RGB HAL 1.00.12
    GALAX GAMER RGB 1.00.02
    PHISON HAL 1.0.3.0

New ROGer Array Crystalyne PC Specs
    Crystalyne PC Specs
    MotherboardROG STRIX X570-E
    ProcessorAMD Ryzen 3800X
    Memory (part number)BLT4K8G4D32AET4K
    Graphics Card #1AMD Radeon 6900XT (Reference, ASRock)
    Sound CardCreative Sound BlasterX AE-7
    MonitorBenQ EW3270U
    Storage #1Sabrent Rocket 4.0 NVMe 1TB
    CPU CoolerCorsair H115i PRO
    CasePhanteks Enthoo Evolv X
    Power SupplySeasonic Connect (750w)
    Keyboard ROG Claymore
    Mouse ROG Spatha
    Headset Beyerdynamic DT880 (600Ω)
    OS Windows 10 Pro

Quote Originally Posted by RoninWazza View Post
    Those with the new version 3.0.4.0, how/where did you get it?

I've just checked the ASUS sites and the only version available for download is still from 2020/01/17 version 2.7.13.0

Version 3... can't be any worse than what I'm using, 2.7.13.0.

The biggest frustration with this, isn't just the extremely buggy and poor quality software, to me, it is the appalling customer service from ASUS.

Surely, ASUS has to understand Customer Service 101 and that is to keep the customer updated as to what is happening. Communication is always the key to these things, even if it is just to say "hi all, we understand your frustrations and we are working as hard and as quickly as possible to rectify these issues" or words to that effect.

@MasterC@ASUS hasn't been seen in this thread since 07-17-2020 01:40 PM, almost 5 days ago. And even when he/she does post a response, it is always just to post a reply, seemingly at random, to user for their specific issue rather than addressing everyone here.

ASUS, lift your game please, you have some very disappointed fans and more importantly, customers, here. Please just communicate with us and let us know what is going on!

Thanks,
    Warren
    I think ASUS flat out don't care about customer support.

For me,
    My RAM (Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer) is not controllable through Armoury Crate, so while I can apply lighting effects to them, the DIMMs are out of order. Can change the order in Aura Sync, but not in Armoury Crate. Has been present since I finished this build (Feb 2020)
    ROG Spatha is not supported in Armoury Crate when hardware is not that old. Have filed SEVERAL support tickets, and made posts on here, and NOT 1 RESPONSE.

I'm sorry, but unless this is fixed soon I'm not buying ASUS again. Their software is a joke, no matter how good the hardware is; there's no point buying it if you can't use it to it's full potential.

New ROGer Array

I can't even get Aura Sync to install right anymore, this has to be the worst software I ever seen. This is on top of trying to RMA the GR8 II for missing internal parts for second drive, which ASUS won't sell to users and insists I send the computer in.

Quote Originally Posted by itz_zarz View Post
    1. The BIOS/firmware version for your hardware.
    ASUS GR8 II
    2. The AURA SYNC products you own and any other 3rd-party lighting software.
    ASUS GR8 II console pc, ASUS Claymore Core Keyboard, ASUS Gladius II Mouse, ASUS Aura Terminal, ASUS ROG Strix Arion M.2 NVMe SSD Enclosure, ASUS FX HDD 2TB(EHD-A2T)
    3. If a power cycle has made any difference. (Shutdown, power off, unplug power cable for a minute)
    No
    4. If you have tried reinstalling Aura or Windows already.
    Crate reinstalled almost daily, Windows reinstalled twice.
    5. Do you have Aura for Graphics Cards installed also. (Please uninstall)
    No
    6. Windows Edition, Version, and OS build.
    Microsoft Windows 10 Home 10.0.18363 Build 18363
    7. If the same issue was present in the previous version(s).
    Yes
    State clearly the issue(s) you are experiencing.

Earlier this week after uninstalling and rerunning CCleaner and RivoUninstall, many reboots, I FINALLY got Crate working again. Then I woke up and the Crate App had updated, no longer responded to any commands, tried rebooting. After reboot Crate does not even see any of my Aura Sync devices. I try to uninstall again, now I get DLL missing errors when I click the device pages, and under the Aura Sync page it does not detect any devices, I even tried searching for updates. Then Crate tells me its missing prerquitsites, but no idea what or how to get them.

I have alot of money into this setup, I have ran exclusively ASUS hardware since the 1990s with a Socket 7 board. This may be the end of my buisness with ASUS because its causing so much headache. I am fixing software issues more than using it.

This was my working HAL versions
    Item Version
    ---- -------
    Armoury Crate UWP App 2.7.13.0
    ROG Live Service 1.1.2.0
    ASUS AIOFan HAL 1.1.11
    ASUS Mouse HAL 1.1.0.23
    AacAudioHal 1.02.12
    AacDispaly 1.1.25
    AacVGA 0.0.2.6
    CosairDram 1.0.13
    KingstonDram 1.0.26
    ENE RGB HAL 1.1.23.0
    ENE_EHD_M2_HAL 1.0.5.0
    ENE_ESD_ASM_HAL 1.0.9.5
    GALAX GAMER RGB 1.00.02

This is what I woke upto this morning and not working at all.
    Item Version
    ---- -------
    ROG Live Service 1.1.2.0
    ASUS AIOFan HAL 1.1.11
    ASUS Mouse HAL 1.1.0.23
    AacAudioHal 1.02.12
    AacDispaly 1.1.25
    AacVGA 0.0.2.6
    CosairDram 1.0.13
    KingstonDram 1.0.26
    ENE RGB HAL 1.1.23.0
    ENE_EHD_M2_HAL 1.0.5.0
    ENE_ESD_ASM_HAL 1.0.9.5
    GALAX GAMER RGB 1.00.02

New ROGer Array

I spent the evening resetting windows. The new version of crate went in without any issue. I then listened to music for an hour enjoying the new music lighting options to celebrate it working, then suddenly all RGB died again. shut down, unplugged the power for 5mins, booted back up and now no devices detected in Crate, no updates, none of the GR8 II lights, or peripheral lighting responding. From the time of resetting windows and installing crate, they ONLY thing I did was stream music on youtube, no updates, installs, nothing, and it stopped working.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	not found.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	89.6 KB 
ID:	85717

Banned Array

Im not doing a clean install btw to fix this just roll out an update that pretends to be newer but is actually the older vision that has no issues and add beta flag option in update section for updates that need testing that can just as easily be unflagged to drop back to non beta in case of issues with beta, nothing against betas i just think it should have a stable release and a beta release option

Its not doing anything btw waiting 15 minutes or not reinstalling is not an option if tryit many times it just break things further cos the uninstall proces is imposible.

If you think i will do a clean install you can forget that, you have no idea how many hours i will need to spend to re configure windows to my liking this is why i use pxe network boot witn clonezilla to make image of windows drive for backup so i can easily restore a image which is as close of a clean install i can do which won't fix the issue cos that image is now essently the same broken armoury update, you guys broke it you should know how to fix it if you do not know you should't be forcing updates down our throat to begin with and waste our time.
    Last edited by Arokhantos; 07-23-2020 at 10:08 AM.

Banned Array

Btw i rebooted and even waited like 2 hours it did nothing its still broken mess.
    Asus you broke my **** and you not taking responsibility its not even updating.

Item Version
    ---- -------
    ROG Live Service 1.1.2.0
    ASUS AIOFan HAL 1.1.11
    AacVGA 0.0.2.6
    KingstonDram 1.0.26
    ENE RGB HAL 1.1.23.0
    ENE_EHD_M2_HAL 1.0.5.0
    PHISON HAL 1.0.3.0

Also log file
    https://1drv.ms/u/s!ApwU1kBAk92Dg-cJ...b9fnQ?e=rpqiL5

Please have this fixed today without any clean install required i litterally have to spend like few hours to set everything up if i have to do a clean install which is not fun at all, let alone creating new backups also cost time, i have ability to put windows 10 on my 256 gb usb stick with clean install for testing which i did yesterday which also includes new log option it also is still broken, if no idea what you guys are doing but your not fixing the issue you just walking away from the problem, when you have a problem and fix it with clean install you never find out root cause you are bassicly walking away from problem, when i have a proble i back track and succesfully fix the problem always, unless you have bad memory.

I just also tested clicking once on stary night preset then rebooted it would apply default rainbow, while if i choose static and then rainbow it would always apply static as default, this is not right this is the main issue if been having since the issues started.
    Last edited by Arokhantos; 07-23-2020 at 11:39 AM.

Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 LastLast