Page 15 of 61 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 ... LastLast

Thread: Asus Z490 stuff

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by bscool View Post
    MemTweakIt 2.02.48 works on the Apex and came on the included CD.

I tested and didn't see a difference in latency changing tXP but the PPD from 1 to 0 did reduce latency.

Attachment 85606Attachment 85607

hi!

can you pls send me your saved bios settings? thanks

ROG Guru: White Belt Array

Quote Originally Posted by sebagsm View Post
    hi!

can you pls send me your saved bios settings? thanks
    What memory do you have as I find different kits will require different Round Trip Latency and I/O L as I have those set manually. If they are off it wont boot. I could send the settings and you go in and set I/O L and RTL to auto if fails to boot and then after seeing what they are on auto you go in and tighten them up. I think I have setting for Team 4500 and Gskill 4800 kits so let me know. Also these are not fully tweaked and tested just playing around and they could use some more optimizing if someone really to spend the time to bring voltages down. They work for me for gaming and my daily pc uses.

Also I have a 10700k and most have 10900k so I dont know how that will or how it will effect things if you want a .cmo file. After writing all of that do you mean the settings as a txt file or a .cmo file?

Edit I see you have a 10900k and the GS4800. I don't know what will happen using a cmo file as we have different CPUs.

Added link to CMO file https://drive.google.com/file/d/1LZE...ew?usp=sharing

Note i have a lot of setting customized like Wifi off, c state off lighting, Sata ect. so as a note. Let me know if you want something with just the ram settings and I can try and do that sometime. Maybe if I set CPU values to auto it would work for your 10900k. I really do not know much about how sharing CMOs work. I also notice sometimes certain setting do not set/stick(lighting is one) when using cmo even using cmo I have made on my own setup.
    Last edited by bscool; 07-19-2020 at 08:27 PM.

New ROGer Array

Maximus XII Hero turns back on after shutdown

HI, anyone have issue with their Asus z490 mobo restarting after a shutdown? My Hero will do this all the time and I have turned off the mouse just in case, but it still does this. Never recall having this issue with original 0222 bios and its on current 0607 bios and I now I notice this happens all the time. I did have issues with the mobo when going to sleep and when I would wake it up, it would have no video and required a reset to reboot it back up and get video back, but I changed the settings in Windows for hybrid sleep off, and now that works, but now the computer refuses to stay off and don't see any settings for wake up via USB or mouse in the bios that could be triggering this. I'm going to unplug the front header pins and see its possibly the switch or wiring, but this wasn't an issue in the beginning at all, but now is and its literally refusing to stay off in two shutdown currently as I'm typing this.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Nope, mine stays off.

ROG Member Array

MemTweakIt 2.02.48 works on the Apex and came on the included CD.

I tested and didn't see a difference in latency changing tXP but the PPD from 1 to 0 did reduce latency.

Can you please upload the memtweakit 2.02.48 somewhere? these overclocking tools can never be found anywhere online...

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by GemueseMonster View Post
    dude, THANK YOU SO MUCH!

This version is nowhere on the internet, like google gives 0 results. I already talked to Asus Customer Service and they said that there was no version of MemTweakIT for the M12A. *facepalm*

So I think for the first time in 10 years I used a CD drive, pulled the installer and uploaded it.

For everyone else with a Maximus XII Apex, a working version of MemTweakIT, 2.02.48:
    https://filehorst.de/d/dDvyBAAe
    THANK YOU! I don't know why these OC tools never available on the internet.

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by Ezveedub View Post
    HI, anyone have issue with their Asus z490 mobo restarting after a shutdown? My Hero will do this all the time and I have turned off the mouse just in case, but it still does this. Never recall having this issue with original 0222 bios and its on current 0607 bios and I now I notice this happens all the time. I did have issues with the mobo when going to sleep and when I would wake it up, it would have no video and required a reset to reboot it back up and get video back, but I changed the settings in Windows for hybrid sleep off, and now that works, but now the computer refuses to stay off and don't see any settings for wake up via USB or mouse in the bios that could be triggering this. I'm going to unplug the front header pins and see its possibly the switch or wiring, but this wasn't an issue in the beginning at all, but now is and its literally refusing to stay off in two shutdown currently as I'm typing this.
    So, unplugged the front header pins, shut off mouse, turn off PC in windows.... computer is off, turns back on in 20-30 seconds. Did this 2 times in a row. Turned off the PSU switch for a few seconds, then turn it back on, PC stays off. Not sure WTH is going on, but its like a similar issue my Gigabyte Z390 Master mobos had with waking up from being off for no reason, which was fixed with later bios updates.
    Last edited by Ezveedub; 07-31-2020 at 05:36 AM.

ROG Enthusiast Array

There is an issue with your PSU, I guess, or some settings in BIOS.

New ROGer Array

really thanks for your share. I just wanna see your ram settings. I have some probs with bandwith in aida... that would be also great if you could send me the settings for gskill4800 rams. thanks

What memory do you have as I find different kits will require different Round Trip Latency and I/O L as I have those set manually. If they are off it wont boot. I could send the settings and you go in and set I/O L and RTL to auto if fails to boot and then after seeing what they are on auto you go in and tighten them up. I think I have setting for Team 4500 and Gskill 4800 kits so let me know. Also these are not fully tweaked and tested just playing around and they could use some more optimizing if someone really to spend the time to bring voltages down. They work for me for gaming and my daily pc uses.

Also I have a 10700k and most have 10900k so I dont know how that will or how it will effect things if you want a .cmo file. After writing all of that do you mean the settings as a txt file or a .cmo file?

Edit I see you have a 10900k and the GS4800. I don't know what will happen using a cmo file as we have different CPUs.

Added link to CMO file https://drive.google.com/file/d/1LZE...ew?usp=sharing

Note i have a lot of setting customized like Wifi off, c state off lighting, Sata ect. so as a note. Let me know if you want something with just the ram settings and I can try and do that sometime. Maybe if I set CPU values to auto it would work for your 10900k. I really do not know much about how sharing CMOs work. I also notice sometimes certain setting do not set/stick(lighting is one) when using cmo even using cmo I have made on my own setup.

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by Ataemonus View Post
    There is an issue with your PSU, I guess, or some settings in BIOS.
    If its a bios setting, I can't find it, lol

Page 15 of 61 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 ... LastLast