Page 6 of 24 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast

Thread: Asus Z490 stuff

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by Shamino View Post
    too much for me to type so doc:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/o4rb2iwebv...llan.docx?dl=0

u must follow the order, wrong order causes prob
    Yeah I unfortunately followed the order as per the instructions the first time. I made sure to do just what it asked.

But I just tried again following the links you sent as well. Followed instructions to a T. And well still same results. Switching the Ethernet cable back n forth between the Aquantia 10gb and the intel I225-V Gives wildly different results. I can replicate this over and over back n forth.

Strange thing is that when using the Intel I223-V LAN transferring files over the lan it can fully saturate my 1gb lan 960ish mbps / 112MBs solid no problem. I did a 100gb file transfer and it held solid the whole time. And when I tested a game 60gb download from steam it also can max out my isp 650mbps dl. behaviour like this makes me believe its a firmware or driver issue. But I sent the same info off to asus a day ago and the rep says that I probobly have a faulty NIC. So i dunno. Its so strange. Its just like the intel nic doesnt like any web based speed tests. Ive tested this on 3 different browsers as well as a complete new windows installation with drivers only. always same result. Yet in real world scenarios it seems to function fine. Id normally just send it back to place of purchase and do a easy swap but unfortuanlty they are out of XII extremes and have no idea when they might get more. And with corona going on, Id image that RMA turn around with asus will not be a quick process
    Miniatura de Adjuntos Miniatura de Adjuntos Untitled.jpg  

Untitled 2.png  

Still same..png  

Last edited by criskoe; 06-17-2020 at 09:30 PM.

New ROGer Array

I have noticed that since the last BIOS 0069 update the OLED screen of my Maximus Formula XII has a flicker, someone else with this problem?

before updating to bios I did not have that problem, I also had severe problems updating bios, the screen went black for a long time and I had to restart. then on the OLED screen read NVRAM appears.

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array 1mluer PC Specs
    1mluer PC Specs
    MotherboardMaximus XII Apex
    ProcessorI9-10900k
    Memory (part number)Gskill Trident Royal 4400
    Graphics Card #1ROG Matrix 2080 ti
    Sound Cardbuilt in
    MonitorASUS Swift PG348Q
    Storage #1Samsung 970 EVO Plus Raid
    Storage #2Samsung 970 EVO Plus Raid
    CPU CoolerRyujin 360
    CaseInWin 909 Silver
    Power SupplyROG Thor 1200p
    Keyboard ASUS ROG Claymore
    Mouse Logitech G900
    Mouse Pad ASUS ROG Baltheus
    Headset/Speakers Bose Computer Set with Sub
    OS Windows 10 Pro
    Network RouterNightHawk RAX200
    Accessory #1 TT Riing Plus
    Accessory #2 Blue Microphone

Quote Originally Posted by GanjaHouse View Post
    I have noticed that since the last BIOS 0069 update the OLED screen of my Maximus Formula XII has a flicker, someone else with this problem?

before updating to bios I did not have that problem, I also had severe problems updating bios, the screen went black for a long time and I had to restart. then on the OLED screen read NVRAM appears.
    I think that is part of the changes they made to livedash control over all. All OLED products including Ryujin do this now. It's supposed to help with display burning which my Ryujin 360 has really bad already. I just applied the updates via Armory Crate and it started flickering too every like 3 seconds. It's the new normal.
    InWin 909 Silver RGB build
    i9-10900k
    ROG Maximus XII Apex
    ROG Matrix 2080 ti
    Gskill Trident Royal 4400 16g

Everything overclocked and love it.
    ROG Awesomeness !!!!

Super Moderator Array

Quote Originally Posted by criskoe View Post
    Yeah I unfortunately followed the order as per the instructions the first time. I made sure to do just what it asked.

But I just tried again following the links you sent as well. Followed instructions to a T. And well still same results. Switching the Ethernet cable back n forth between the Aquantia 10gb and the intel I225-V Gives wildly different results. I can replicate this over and over back n forth.

same router same test couldnt replicate
    Miniatura de Adjuntos Miniatura de Adjuntos I225V.jpg  

AQC107.jpg  

New ROGer Array

hi!

found some probs with xii hero with ram compatibility...

so on the site stated that F4-4800C19D-16GTRS is supported BUT there is no such ram

the correct one is f4-4800c18d-16gtrs BUT this is recognized in bios in xmp profile as 4807mhz ram and ofc its unable to boot in OS

tested on bios v0607. maybe some suggestion or some beta bios? thanks

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by sebagsm View Post
    hi!

found some probs with xii hero with ram compatibility...

so on the site stated that F4-4800C19D-16GTRS is supported BUT there is no such ram

the correct one is f4-4800c18d-16gtrs BUT this is recognized in bios in xmp profile as 4807mhz ram and ofc its unable to boot in OS

tested on bios v0607. maybe some suggestion or some beta bios? thanks

Same Problem here... but DDR4 4600 @ CL17 works well

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array ThrashZone PC Specs
    ThrashZone PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS z490 maximus XII Apex 2nd x299 Rampage VI Apex
    Processori9-10900k & i9-9940x
    Memory (part number)Trident-Z 3600c16 2nd Trident-Z 3600C16 both Samsung B-Dies
    Graphics Card #1EVGA 1080ti FTW3 water block 2nd Titan Xp copper water block
    MonitorAOC G2460PG 24"G-Sync 144Hz & ASUS VG248QE 24" 144Hz
    Storage #12-Samsung 970 Evo Plus 500gb M.2 & 2.5" ssd's 850 pro's for os 850 evo for games
    Storage #22-LG Blu-Ray WH16NS40
    CPU Cooler2-240GTX with Heatkiller-4-Pro/ vrm water block Both&x299 2-280GTX 2-D5's before and after rads
    Case2- Corsair 450D with second floors for 240GTX & 280GTX rads enclosed and filtered on top
    Power SupplyEVGA 1000P2 2nd EVGA 1200P2
    Keyboard Logitech G910 Orion Spectrum 2nd Logitech G710+
    Mouse 2-Red dragon Perdition
    OS Win-7 & win-10 pro on both systems Win-7 everyday os
    Accessory #1 Optimus Foundation copper plexi 2nd Optimus SigV2
    Accessory #2 ModmyMods clear coolant
    Accessory #3 ModMyMods 3/8-5/8" clear soft tubing/ MORA 360 Pro x2

Hi,
    0069A must be good because it didn't work for me after restoring a system image created on 0607A and on bios 2
    Got boot device issue can't remember actual error I am in legacy mode csm enabled/ fast start off/ secure boot off. single partition C m.2 sammy 970 evo on dimm_2 card Apex

Switched to bios 2 0607A and all is good

Put 0606A bios on bios 1 since it's been said to be best and sure enough no error booting with it on the same m.2 that couldn't boot on 0069A.
    So something about the system image and 0069 wasn't compatible
    Macrium reflect I've been using this image for a while never failed before 0069A to boot after restoring.

New ROGer Array

actully its boots to the OS but instant freez.. lowering it to 4400mhz will work. but the ram spec. on the site is wrong anyway. also apex supports this ram why not supported on hero ?

tested with 0069 bios. same prob.. also xmp recognized as 4807mhz
    Last edited by sebagsm; 06-18-2020 at 05:52 PM.

New ROGer Array

With last firmware and update 1.0.1.4 Intel vs Marvel

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by GanjaHouse View Post
    With last firmware and update 1.0.1.4 Intel vs Marvel

OMG! Thank you! LOL. Im not the only one experiencing this and Im not crazy! LOL.

Unfortunately Ive tried absolutely everything to fix this.
    1. Redo firmware and drivers.(Did correctly first time though. Followed instructions properly but still tried again)
    2. Reset Network
    3. Tried different cables
    4. Reset and upgrade RT-AC86U firmware.
    5. Removed RT-AC86U and go direct isp modem
    6. Different Advanced settings like Link speed
    7. Install fresh windows V.2004 Drivers only
    8. Install fresh windows V.1903 Drivers only

Ive also reached out to asus support and have shared my results and testing with them but it seems I keep getting a different person responding to my ticket everytime. And they keep posting the bare min simple troubleshooting steps like "check cable" "reset network" "reinstall drivers" "Check DHCP" and Exchange motherboard if all troubleshoot can not resolve the slow internet issue.

So it seems that they dont believe there is a bug or firmware issue and we have defective boards. And of course replacement boards right now are no where to be found Please reach out to asus support and open a ticket regarding this. Maybe if others report this they will look into it more.
    Last edited by criskoe; 06-18-2020 at 07:03 PM.

Page 6 of 24 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast