Page 11 of 32 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast

Thread: Asus Z490 stuff

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array

Quote Originally Posted by criskoe View Post
    Hi Ganja

Sounds like the PC is going into a sleep state after 15 min and thats why all the LEDs turn off... Might want to check you sleep and hibernation setting under the power options in windows.

Also if you want all the motherboard LEDs to turn off when the computer is off you need to change the setting in the bios. The setting you will need to look for is under the ADVANCED tab. Then On board devices configuration. Then change the Led lighting in off state to - STEALTH MODE. Save and restart. Thats should work.

Btw. Intel has all the information regarding the wonky I225-V Behavior and is looking into in for me Ill let you know if they provided me a fix
    That's good. And did you try the 0704 bios also?

ROG Guru: Grand Master Array Arne Saknussemm PC Specs
    Arne Saknussemm PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Laptop?...No way! (Model?...Jun Amaki...yes way!)
    MotherboardROG ZENITH II EXTREME
    ProcessorTHREADRIPPER 3960X
    Memory (part number)TXBD48G4000HC18FBK
    Graphics Card #1GTX Titan X
    Graphics Card #2SLI is dead to me
    Graphics Card #3Tri SLI is even dead to Nvidia
    Graphics Card #4Quad SLI is dead to everybody especially my credit card
    Sound CardXonar Essence STX
    MonitorASUS ROG Swift PG279Q
    Storage #1Samsung 970/960/950 PRO
    Storage #22x OCZ VERTEX 3/2x WD Caviar Black 500GB / 2x WD RED 2TB/Samsung 1TBSSDs
    CPU CoolerCustom Loop: Dual D5s, Dual Alphacool Monsta 480s, XSPC Raystorm Neo TR4, EK TitanX WaterBlock
    CaseNope!...Dimastech Easy XL...let it all hang out man!
    Power SupplySeasonic 1000 Platinum
    Keyboard Corsair Strafe MK2 ROG Claymore... or Fender Rhodes Electric Piano (MKI 73)
    Mouse Corsair M65Pro or Speedy Gonzalez...not Mickey...don't do Disney!
    Headset ...firmly on neck
    Mouse Pad Mouse don't got his own pad man...lives with me
    Headset/Speakers Edifier Spinnaker...or you mean the speakers in my head...man too many voices to name them all
    OS Win XP, 7, 8, 8.1 and Windows 10 Spyware Edition
    Network Router56k modem
    Accessory #1 Umm...nice tie?
    Accessory #2 Err...belt?
    Accessory #3 3 accessories?! I'm not a girl!!

Quote Originally Posted by GanjaHouse View Post
    When the screen turns off after 15 minutes, all the motherboard, ram and gpu turn off the LEDs, I don't want that to happen, how can I solve it?
    AFAIK this is a known issue with armoury crate and is waiting a fix in the new version which is supposed to drop "soon"

New ROGer Array

Hi Ganja

Sounds like the PC is going into a sleep state after 15 min and thats why all the LEDs turn off... Might want to check you sleep and hibernation setting under the power options in windows.

Also if you want all the motherboard LEDs to turn off when the computer is off you need to change the setting in the bios. The setting you will need to look for is under the ADVANCED tab. Then On board devices configuration. Then change the Led lighting in off state to - STEALTH MODE. Save and restart. Thats should work.

Btw. Intel has all the information regarding the wonky I225-V Behavior and is looking into in for me Ill let you know if they provided me a fix
    Well the suspension is disabled, I only have to turn off the screen after 15 minutes.
    Hibernation is disabled too.

I'm going to test what you say in BIOS to see if it fixes when I turn it off.

I find it quite nice news, to see if they can solve the LAN I225-V.

Greetings mate

Quote Originally Posted by Falkentyne View Post
    That's good. And did you try the 0704 bios also?
    I have not given that Bios a chance, it really works for me all oc quite well and I am not sure to install yet

Quote Originally Posted by Arne Saknussemm View Post
    AFAIK this is a known issue with armoury crate and is waiting a fix in the new version which is supposed to drop "soon"
    Great news, even though right now I have uninstalled "armory crate" due to the number of processes that are always in the second plane.
    I'm using icue and aura, I don't want to have as many programs that I think can be done with 1.

Thanks

ROG Guru: White Belt Array

Peter thx for Bios 0704 for ROG Strix E Gaming

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array Enderwiggin03 PC Specs
    Enderwiggin03 PC Specs
    MotherboardROG STRIX Z390-E Gaming
    ProcessorIntel Core i9 9900k @ 5.1Ghz on all 8 cores 1.355v
    Memory (part number)F4-4266C19D-16GTZR @ 4000Mhz CL16-17-17-35 1.45v
    Graphics Card #1EVGA RTX 2070 XC Ultra
    Sound CardCreative Sound Blaster X AE-5
    MonitorASUS VG248QE
    Storage #1Samsung 970 Evo 500GB m.2
    Storage #2Samsung 860 Evo 1TB SATA
    CPU CoolerEVGA CLC280 with 4x NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM (push/pull)fans
    CaseFractal Design R6
    Power SupplyEVGA G3 1000w
    Keyboard Logitech G513 Carbon
    Mouse Logitech G703
    Mouse Pad Logitech Poweplay
    OS Windows 10 Home x64

Quote Originally Posted by Lotzi View Post
    Peter thx for Bios 0704 for ROG Strix E Gaming
    I only saw 0703?

New ROGer Array

Yup I just submitted a ticket to intel again this time as opposed to just using their normal contact email. Maybe this will get somewhere.

One very interesting thing tho. Is MrTOOSHORT over on the other forum has the exact same ISP and modem/gateway as me and also has the same plan and his Intel I225-V doesnt have this behavior. So I dont think its the ISP. This Is what makes this the most confusing for me. He does have the apex board but it is the same intel NIC.

The only thing that was suggested by a user that I havent tried is pulling both of the m.2 drives from under the plate between the two PCIE slots as its not very easy to access with my custom loop. But I dunno I didnt think that they would some how throttle the intel nic. Cause it doesnt effect the aquantia nic.

I dunno. I guess Ill see if intel has anything to say about it. All I can do at this point. I like the board so its gunna stay either way.

Main reason I posted back here was so that other guy here or anyone else that might see my earlier posts and who is experiencing this doesnt bother waste their time RMAing or replacing the board. I think by the looks of his screen shot hes from a diff part of the world. Im in canada.

I don't know if this will help, but I had been experiencing severely slower ethernet speeds on my Z490-E board. My ISP speed is 1000/750 Mbps. When I first did a fresh OS install on my new build, I was getting 900/700 Mbps on speedtest on a CAT6 ethernet connection to my Asus RT-AC86U router. However, recently I was only getting 200/350 on Chrome, Edge, Firefox. In between, I updated the board's drivers, firmware, BIOS. For instance, I have I225-V v1.0.1.7 and firmware 1.45 installed. I couldn't figure out why my speeds were being throttled.

Today, I decided to reinstall the v1.45 firmware for I1225-V and rebooted system. I ran the speed test and now get 920/800. I obtained the firmware update directly from Asus website for Z490-E. Maybe worth a shot to try it.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by Molybdenum View Post
    I don't know if this will help, but I had been experiencing severely slower ethernet speeds on my Z490-E board. My ISP speed is 1000/750 Mbps. When I first did a fresh OS install on my new build, I was getting 900/700 Mbps on speedtest on a CAT6 ethernet connection to my Asus RT-AC86U router. However, recently I was only getting 200/350 on Chrome, Edge, Firefox. In between, I updated the board's drivers, firmware, BIOS. For instance, I have I225-V v1.0.1.7 and firmware 1.45 installed. I couldn't figure out why my speeds were being throttled.

Today, I decided to reinstall the v1.45 firmware for I1225-V and rebooted system. I ran the speed test and now get 920/800. I obtained the firmware update directly from Asus website for Z490-E. Maybe worth a shot to try it.
    Hey thanks for sharing. So Re installing the firmware seemed to correct the issue for you? How long were you experiencing the throttled speeds? What Bios version are you running? And did you keep the v1.0.1.7 installed while doing the firmware update? Did you reinstall Driver after or just to the firmware update?

I had tried redoing the firmware update multiple times... Didnt seem to fix it for me unfortunately.. I also tried different boards too with no luck. I just tried one more time a second ago and still same for me.

Intel sent me a special tool for logging data to see if they can fix my issue. So my hope is with them providing me a fix...
    Last edited by criskoe; 07-04-2020 at 08:21 PM.

New ROGer Array

Hey thanks for sharing. So Re installing the firmware seemed to correct the issue for you? How long were you experiencing the throttled speeds? What Bios version are you running? And did you keep the v1.0.1.7 installed while doing the firmware update? Did you reinstall Driver after or just to the firmware update?

I had tried redoing the firmware update multiple times... Didnt seem to fix it for me unfortunately.. I also tried different boards too with no luck. I just tried one more time a second ago and still same for me.

Intel sent me a special tool for logging data to see if they can fix my issue. So my hope is with them providing me a fix...
    I was running BIOS 0607 when I noticed the slow speeds. I upgraded to 0704 and still noticed the same speeds. I then reinstalled the firmware v1.45 and found huge improvement.

I never reinstalled the drivers. I had updated to 1.0.1.7 as soon as it was posted in these forums from 1.0.1.4.

Between the 3 weeks of the the first speed test when I put my system together and did fresh Windows 10 OS install and today when I reinstalled firmware, I installed all the new drivers and firmware for the board that was posted here. Because I never ran speed test after each incremental change, I couldn't pinpoint what driver or firmware gave me the problem. I noticed the slow speeds about 1.5 weeks ago.

One thing I found odd is if I run the Intel Proset adapter configuration utility, which was installed from Prowin x64 v25.1.1 and ran the three diagnostic tests for the adapter, the cable tests indicated a failed cable quality status and cable integrity status. This was regardless of when I had the slow speeds to the fixed full speed. The connection tests and the hardware tests passed.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by Molybdenum View Post
    I was running BIOS 0607 when I noticed the slow speeds. I upgraded to 0704 and still noticed the same speeds. I then reinstalled the firmware v1.45 and found huge improvement.

I never reinstalled the drivers. I had updated to 1.0.1.7 as soon as it was posted in these forums from 1.0.1.4.

Between the 3 weeks of the the first speed test when I put my system together and did fresh Windows 10 OS install and today when I reinstalled firmware, I installed all the new drivers and firmware for the board that was posted here. Because I never ran speed test after each incremental change, I couldn't pinpoint what driver or firmware gave me the problem. I noticed the slow speeds about 1.5 weeks ago.

One thing I found odd is if I run the Intel Proset adapter configuration utility, which was installed from Prowin x64 v25.1.1 and ran the three diagnostic tests for the adapter, the cable tests indicated a failed cable quality status and cable integrity status. This was regardless of when I had the slow speeds to the fixed full speed. The connection tests and the hardware tests passed.
    Cool thanks for the details...

Interesting you mention the proset diag test. I actually found the same thing with the cable status. And like you mentioned, I dont think its works properly as I tested MANY diff cables and they are fine. This also happened on both of the MB i tested....

ROG Enthusiast Array denisgcarvalho PC Specs
    denisgcarvalho PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS MAXIMUS XII FORMULA
    Processor10900K
    Memory (part number)G.SKILL ROYAL 32GB RAM 4000CL17
    Graphics Card #1RTX 2080 SUPER HOF
    CPU CoolerCORSAIR H1150I PRO RGB
    CaseLIAN LI XL
    Power SupplyCORSAIR HX1000i
    Keyboard CORSAIR PLATINUM K95
    Headset CORSAIR VIRTUOSO
    OS WINDOWS 10 20H1

when I turn on the PC I notice that it always goes through code 00 "checking CPU" and then changes then and starts normal. Normal this procedure?
    ASUS MAXIMUS XII FORMULA + 10900K + G.SKILL ROYAL 32GB RAM 4000CL17 + RTX 2080 SUPER HOF + CORSAIR H1150I PRO RGB + LIAN LI XL + CORSAIR HX1000i + M2 SAMSUNG 970 EVO PLUS 1TB + M2 P1 CRUCIAL 1TB + SSD SEAGATE 1TB.

Page 11 of 32 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast