Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Asus Z490 stuff

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Mountainlifter View Post
    Do I need to rename the BIOS to RSZ490IG.CAP as per the Asus site before flashing 0704?
    Wut ? Where does it ever say that ?
    Are you sure you are reading it correctly ? Try again. It says to rename the BIOS file to that IF YOU ARE USING THE BIOS FLASHBACK FUNCTION FROM USB, BLIND, WITHOUT CPU INSTALLED.

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array

Quote Originally Posted by Mountainlifter View Post
    Do I need to rename the BIOS to RSZ490IG.CAP as per the Asus site before flashing 0704?
    Renaming is only for bios flashback (e.g. without CPU installed or if you can't boot).
    For Ezflash (normal flash) through BIOS, the bios name can be anything you want.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Thanks, Ataemonus and Flakentyne.

Yes, I didn't catch the distinction between bios flashback from USB without CPU installed vs using the EZflash tool from BIOS. Thank you again.

New ROGer Array

Is there anyway to save the actual bios file loaded on the mobo to a USB stick with Asus?

Quote Originally Posted by sladenlol View Post
    Hello,
    could you post the Stock Bios the Maximus XII Hero Wifi gets delivered with?
    its from february and something like 4xx.
    it was rock stable, now i tested 5xx and 6xx and all i get is bsod with same settings.
    I'm trying to find the original bios also. But mine came with 0222 bios dated 2/21/2020, not 4xx

ROG Member Array

I have that one, 0222 version for Z490 Hero, PM me your email and I can send it.

ROG Member Array

I flashed BIOS version 0704 for the Hero. Quite a few bugs in it, very obvious ones at that.
    First, the APM settings I set to Auto, they revert to whatever random setting they want so I have to set them again.
    Second, instead of RAM compatibility, it's now not even working at SPD, which would be Auto or Manual, cycles forever until in POSTs again in safe mode. That is with Crucial Ballistix RGB 3200C16, one kit of 2x32GB sticks. This is quite silly, I mean....I have to enable XMP for the system to boot. SPD is 2666 with some very loose timings, so ...
    I tried Auto, I tried manual, I was afraid that would be that until I can reflash BIOS, but it worked on XMP, at least that.
    But I want my SPD back, it's like 40C in the room where the PC is, already too hot, I don't want the 1.35V through the RAM in these conditions until I have my AC back.

Also, one bug that has been in the ASUS BIOSes for ... EVER.
    Setting the onboard LEDs to All On in ON mode, POST code to Auto, and OFF state to Stealth Mode, sets Stealth mode for ON state and that's that. Every single ASUS board I tried does that, I mean, I tried dozens of different boards. WTF ?
    I have to post, then go and redo those settings again, although they were confirmed and shown in the change list before exiting the BIOS previously. That is ridiculous.

New ROGer Array

Might be a stupid question, but has IO Latency Offset effect reversed from previous generation boards?

I remember lower offset resulting in lower RTL/IO, but with the M12A its higher offset = lower RTL/IO

ROG Enthusiast Array

No 0069 Bios for ROG-STRIX-Z490-G-GAMING-WIFI Board ?
    Last edited by swddeluxx; 07-10-2020 at 04:53 PM.

New ROGer Array KotOr368 PC Specs
    KotOr368 PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)MSI GT72 2PE Dominator Pro
    MotherboardMaximus XI APEX
    Processori9-9900KF
    Memory (part number)F4-3200C14D-32GTRS
    Graphics Card #1EVGA 1080Ti FTW3
    MonitorASUS PG278QR
    Storage #1Intel SSD 545s
    Storage #2Segate 2TB + 4TB
    CPU CoolerNoctua NH-D15s
    CasePhanteks Enthoo Luxe
    Power SupplySeasonic 850W Titanium
    Keyboard A4Tech Bloody B328
    Mouse A4tech BLOODY J95
    Headset HyperX Cloud
    OS W10 x64

Hi guys. i Have problem with my APEX XII from first boot all fans run at 100% i cant change speed. i try update bios to 0607 no change and 0704 same. and i try multiple Cmos reset.

edit: ok feel so dumb . this model have special switch (Full speed mode) default is on. god damn so much time wasted because i am dumb
    Last edited by KotOr368; 07-13-2020 at 02:21 PM.

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by GemueseMonster View Post
    Might be a stupid question, but has IO Latency Offset effect reversed from previous generation boards?

I remember lower offset resulting in lower RTL/IO, but with the M12A its higher offset = lower RTL/IO
    nvm, seems fixed in 0704.

but now IOLs dont train with IO Latency Offset above 4500MT/s... whaaat?

Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast