Page 53 of 63 FirstFirst ... 3 43 51 52 53 54 55 ... LastLast
Results 521 to 530 of 625

Thread: Asus Z490 stuff

  1. #521
    ROG Enthusiast Array
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Reputation
    21
    Posts
    27

    So the Z490 thread gets stuffed in the older Z390/Z370 area and the Z590 get a whole subforum, but its stuffed with all the driver threads applicable to z490 mobos....WTH, lol

  2. #522
    ROG Member Array
    Join Date
    Dec 2020
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    16

    Quote Originally Posted by morph. View Post
    I suspect your IO-L's are too tight/low for stability try loosening them up to around 7.

    Also increasing dram VTT to 0.755v - 0.8v could help with out needing such high vdimm.
    No, Im a competitive gamer & these help with responsiveness & hitreg. For 7 you dont need much tweaking. the trick is to get them as low & as thight as possible to each-other so if its stable why should I touch them. Also I change the bios profiles constantly. The iol offsets does need slightly higher voltage, yes but 1.53 is perfectly fine, especially with a fan on top. Intel docs recommend below 1.65v for the mem. controler. I wonder whether Mem.controler & IO PLLs helps here? WHat do u think.

  3. #523
    ROG Guru: White Belt Array morph. PC Specs
    morph. PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)MacBook Pro 13" i5, Surface Pro X
    MotherboardROG Maximus XII Formula
    Processori9-11900K SP85 @5.4-5.2Ghz
    Memory (part number)G.SKILL F4-3600C14D-32GTRS (2x16) @3733MHz 14-15-15-29
    Graphics Card #1ROG Strix RTX3090oc
    MonitorROG Swift PG279Q
    Storage #1Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB NVMe
    CPU CoolerEK Quantum Velocity Nickel Plexi 2x PE360 Radiators
    CaseLian Li PC-O11DXL-W
    Power SupplyCorsair AX1000
    Keyboard SteelSeries Apex Pro
    Mouse Glorious Model O Wireless
    Headset SteelSeries Arctis Pro Wireless
    Mouse Pad ROG Sheath BLK LTD
    OS Windows 10 Pro
    Network RouterBillion BiPAC 8800AXL
    Accessory #1 EK Quantum Vector Strix Waterblock
    Accessory #2 EK Classic Side DP DDC3.2
    Accessory #3 EK Quantum Momentum VRM Bridge
    morph.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Reputation
    16
    Posts
    103

    Quote Originally Posted by n1kobg View Post
    No, Im a competitive gamer & these help with responsiveness & hitreg. For 7 you dont need much tweaking. the trick is to get them as low & as thight as possible to each-other so if its stable why should I touch them. Also I change the bios profiles constantly. The iol offsets does need slightly higher voltage, yes but 1.53 is perfectly fine, especially with a fan on top. Intel docs recommend below 1.65v for the mem. controler. I wonder whether Mem.controler & IO PLLs helps here? WHat do u think.
    From what I know & tried for certain with 3 different kits (2x16 3466c16, 4x8 3600c16 & 2x16 3600c14), even at IOL 5/6 you will likely fail MOST stability tests and you are running IOL of 4/3... An IOL of 7 is deemed very tight and is the magic number for stability & performance. 6 is generally a longshot and usually introduces instability/errors from testing. Especially with a non-maximuus board. I'm curious as to what your definition of the stable is? What/how are you testing to define stable? P95? OCCT? TM5 Anta? etc...

    With active cooling on your memory, I agree your vdimm of 1.53v is fine. Still, you could probably run lower if you increased your vtt. You could also look at tweaking your skew settings (not sure if Strix boards allow this) this will help to stabilise the system a great deal and lower the voltage requirements for vdimm/sa/io.

    Oh and from a bandwidth point of view, your tertiaries can use a bit of tightening up which should give it a nice bump.
    Last edited by morph.; 01-27-2021 at 01:06 AM.

  4. #524
    ROG Guru: Green Belt Array geneo PC Specs
    geneo PC Specs
    MotherboardMaximus XII Hero
    Processori9-10900k 5.1Ghz AVX0 @ 1.28v core, delid
    Memory (part number)64 GB G.Skill TridentZ RGB 3200/CL14 @ 3600 CL16
    Graphics Card #1Asus ROG Strix 2070 Super A8G
    MonitorEIZO Coloredge CG2730 and Viewsonic QHD displays
    Storage #1Samsung 512 GB 960 Pro
    Storage #21TB 850 x 1 TB 860 EVO RAID0, 6 TB WDC Black and 6TB IronWolf Pro HDD
    CPU CoolerEK-AIO 360 D-RGB
    CaseFractal Design Meshify 2 dark tint
    Power Supply750W Seasonic Prime Ultra Titanium
    Keyboard CM Quickfire Rapid TKL
    Mouse Logitech G305
    Headset Bose QC15
    Headset/Speakers Vanatoo T1, Klipsch R-12SWi Sub, Bose QC-15
    OS Windows 10 Pro X64
    Network RouterLinksys EA7300
    Accessory #1 Logitech c920e webcam
    geneo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Reputation
    40
    Posts
    536

    Quote Originally Posted by Ezveedub View Post
    So the Z490 thread gets stuffed in the older Z390/Z370 area and the Z590 get a whole subforum, but its stuffed with all the driver threads applicable to z490 mobos....WTH, lol
    How about starting a "Z490 Stuff" over there?

  5. #525
    ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Reputation
    71
    Posts
    198

    Guys, on bios 2004 for Maximus 12 Extreme,

    Anyone here get "Case is open, please close the case and press control alt delete" on the very first boot after a complete AC power off? (not case button only?)
    (this is the good old "chassis intrusion" error).

    I get this on 2004 and 2004 only. Not on any previous BIOS. I have 1002 on the 2nd chip and no problem at all.
    Asus can't reproduce this...and chassis intrusion option is disabled and hidden from the user.

  6. #526
    ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array Braegnok PC Specs
    Braegnok PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus ROG Maximus XII Extreme
    ProcessorIntel Core i9-10900K
    Memory (part number)F4-4000C15Q-32GVK
    Graphics Card #1Nvidia RTX 3090 FE
    MonitorAsus ROG Swift PG32UQX
    Storage #1Samsung 970 Pro
    CPU CoolerOptimus Signature V2
    CaseTT A700 TG
    Power SupplyCorsair AX1600i
    Keyboard Das Keyboard 4 Ultimate
    Mouse G502 Lightspeed
    Headset SteelSeries Arctis Pro
    OS Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit
    Braegnok's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Reputation
    11
    Posts
    176

    Quote Originally Posted by geneo View Post
    $500 for the Hero XIII. what.
    That's crazy!

    I bought the Dark Hero VIII motherboard last month for $419 at B&H.

    Seems everything indicates that this year 2021 such purchases will cost us a lot more.
    Last edited by Braegnok; 01-29-2021 at 03:13 AM.

  7. #527
    ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array Braegnok PC Specs
    Braegnok PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus ROG Maximus XII Extreme
    ProcessorIntel Core i9-10900K
    Memory (part number)F4-4000C15Q-32GVK
    Graphics Card #1Nvidia RTX 3090 FE
    MonitorAsus ROG Swift PG32UQX
    Storage #1Samsung 970 Pro
    CPU CoolerOptimus Signature V2
    CaseTT A700 TG
    Power SupplyCorsair AX1600i
    Keyboard Das Keyboard 4 Ultimate
    Mouse G502 Lightspeed
    Headset SteelSeries Arctis Pro
    OS Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit
    Braegnok's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Reputation
    11
    Posts
    176

    Quote Originally Posted by Falkentyne View Post
    Guys, on bios 2004 for Maximus 12 Extreme,

    Anyone here get "Case is open, please close the case and press control alt delete" on the very first boot after a complete AC power off? (not case button only?)
    (this is the good old "chassis intrusion" error).

    I get this on 2004 and 2004 only. Not on any previous BIOS. I have 1002 on the 2nd chip and no problem at all.
    Asus can't reproduce this...and chassis intrusion option is disabled and hidden from the user.
    I loaded bios 2004 beta version on the day it was released, and was unstable so I rolled back to 2002 version. I don't see bios 1002, or 2002 listed anymore on Asus Support for Maximus 12 Extreme.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BIOS Support.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	78.6 KB 
ID:	87722

    Think I will stick with bios 2002, not sure where I downloaded it from but it's working fine,.. lol

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BIOS 2002 4400.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	521.4 KB 
ID:	87730
    Last edited by Braegnok; 01-30-2021 at 11:43 AM.

  8. #528
    ROG Member Array
    Join Date
    Dec 2020
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    16

    Quote Originally Posted by morph. View Post
    From what I know & tried for certain with 3 different kits (2x16 3466c16, 4x8 3600c16 & 2x16 3600c14), even at IOL 5/6 you will likely fail MOST stability tests and you are running IOL of 4/3... An IOL of 7 is deemed very tight and is the magic number for stability & performance. 6 is generally a longshot and usually introduces instability/errors from testing. Especially with a non-maximuus board. I'm curious as to what your definition of the stable is? What/how are you testing to define stable? P95? OCCT? TM5 Anta? etc...

    With active cooling on your memory, I agree your vdimm of 1.53v is fine. Still, you could probably run lower if you increased your vtt. You could also look at tweaking your skew settings (not sure if Strix boards allow this) this will help to stabilise the system a great deal and lower the voltage requirements for vdimm/sa/io.

    Oh and from a bandwidth point of view, your tertiaries can use a bit of tightening up which should give it a nice bump.
    I use HyperPi on 16m & 32m (sometimes it gives 1error on 32m) & Memtest64 over night. Also use OCCT & Aida. I agree its a bit agressive & not 100% stable but thats enough for my gaming profile. It most likely wont pass LinX. About my 3rd timings, I can lower some with 2-3 ticks but will increase the voltage & ruin the balance and will have to adjust the other timings. Lowering within this voltage doesnt give me more performance. Its 1.53 for extra stability, otherwise its stable on around 1.51. If i lower the 3rd timings it will go close to 1.6. BTW I did increase vtt to 0.7500. Havent stress tested yet.
    Last edited by n1kobg; 01-31-2021 at 12:43 AM.

  9. #529
    ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    198

    Hello, if you need the old 2002 bios:

    i modded the DL link:
    https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/m...-ASUS-2002.ZIP

    Use at your own risk.

  10. #530
    ROG Guru: White Belt Array morph. PC Specs
    morph. PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)MacBook Pro 13" i5, Surface Pro X
    MotherboardROG Maximus XII Formula
    Processori9-11900K SP85 @5.4-5.2Ghz
    Memory (part number)G.SKILL F4-3600C14D-32GTRS (2x16) @3733MHz 14-15-15-29
    Graphics Card #1ROG Strix RTX3090oc
    MonitorROG Swift PG279Q
    Storage #1Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB NVMe
    CPU CoolerEK Quantum Velocity Nickel Plexi 2x PE360 Radiators
    CaseLian Li PC-O11DXL-W
    Power SupplyCorsair AX1000
    Keyboard SteelSeries Apex Pro
    Mouse Glorious Model O Wireless
    Headset SteelSeries Arctis Pro Wireless
    Mouse Pad ROG Sheath BLK LTD
    OS Windows 10 Pro
    Network RouterBillion BiPAC 8800AXL
    Accessory #1 EK Quantum Vector Strix Waterblock
    Accessory #2 EK Classic Side DP DDC3.2
    Accessory #3 EK Quantum Momentum VRM Bridge
    morph.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Reputation
    16
    Posts
    103

    Quote Originally Posted by n1kobg View Post
    I use HyperPi on 16m & 32m (sometimes it gives 1error on 32m) & Memtest64 over night. Also use OCCT & Aida. I agree its a bit agressive & not 100% stable but thats enough for my gaming profile. It most likely wont pass LinX. About my 3rd timings, I can lower some with 2-3 ticks but will increase the voltage & ruin the balance and will have to adjust the other timings. Lowering within this voltage doesnt give me more performance. Its 1.53 for extra stability, otherwise its stable on around 1.51. If i lower the 3rd timings it will go close to 1.6. BTW I did increase vtt to 0.7500. Havent stress tested yet.
    Rule of thumb for VTT on auto is HALF of vdimm. You basically undervolted it there with 0.75v (making it equivalent to 1.5vdimm) with your 1.53vdimm. Id recommend something like 0.79vtt

    By increasing your tertiary timings a bit more it will help boost read-write copy bandwidths a fair bit.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.JPG 
Views:	18 
Size:	128.3 KB 
ID:	87736
    Last edited by morph.; 01-31-2021 at 10:28 PM.

Page 53 of 63 FirstFirst ... 3 43 51 52 53 54 55 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •