Page 69 of 71 FirstFirst ... 19 59 67 68 69 70 71 LastLast
Results 681 to 690 of 702

Thread: Asus Z490 stuff

  1. #681
    ROG Enthusiast Array
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Reputation
    5
    Posts
    65

    What do you mean by hardware errors? WHEA or LiveKernelEvent 141?

  2. #682
    ROG Guru: White Belt Array RobertoSampaio PC Specs
    RobertoSampaio PC Specs
    MotherboardMaximus XII Formula
    Processori9 - 10900KF - SP86 - 56x4 - 55x6 - 54x8 - 53x10
    Memory (part number)2X - KHX3733C19D4/16GX - 4100MHz
    Graphics Card #1Gigabyte RTX-3080 GAMING OC
    MonitorLG-34GL750 - 144Hz
    CPU CoolerCorsair H115i - Pro 280mm
    CaseCorsair Graphite Series 780T White Full-Tower
    Power SupplyCorsair HX 1000i - 1000W
    Keyboard Corsair k90 Vengeance
    Mouse Corsair Scimitar Elite
    OS Windows 10 Pro - 21H1

    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    85


  3. #683
    ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array ThrashZone PC Specs
    ThrashZone PC Specs
    Motherboardz490 XII Apex 2nd x299 VI Apex 3rd x99 sabertooth
    Processori9-10900k w/Foundation & i9-9940x w/SigV2 & 5930k w/ek-Magnitude
    Memory (part number)Trident-Z 3600c16 2x8 2nd Trident-Z 3600C16 4x8 3rd 3200c14 4x8
    Graphics Card #1Titan Xp & 1080ti FTW3 both water cooled & evga 980ti gaming on air
    MonitorAOC G2460PG 24"G-Sync 144Hz & ASUS VG248QE 24" 144Hz
    Storage #12-Samsung 970 Evo Plus 500gb M.2 & 2.5" ssd's 850 pro's for os 850 evo for games
    Storage #22-LG Blu-Ray WH16NS40
    CPU Cooler2-240GTX with Heatkiller-4-Pro/ vrm water block Both&x299 2-280GTX 2-D5's before and after rads
    Case2- Corsair 450D with second floors for 240GTX & 280GTX rads & 2 Test Benchs
    Power SupplyEVGA 1000P2 & 1200P2 & 850p2
    Keyboard 3x Logitech G710+
    Mouse 3x Red dragon Perdition
    OS Linux-Cinnimon 20.2 & Win-7-10-11 pro
    Accessory #1 Optimus Foundation copper plexi 2nd Optimus SigV2
    Accessory #2 Mayhems clear all
    Accessory #3 ModMyMods 3/8-5/8" clear soft tubing/ MORA 360 Pro x2
    ThrashZone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Reputation
    30
    Posts
    422

    Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Scientist View Post
    What do you mean by hardware errors? WHEA or LiveKernelEvent 141?
    Hi,
    He wasn't very detailed unfortunately probably whea but could of been anything seeing he was limiting vcore a lot because of heat.

  4. #684
    ROG Enthusiast Array Betroz PC Specs
    Betroz PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus Maximus XII Apex
    Processori9 10900K
    Memory (part number)32GB G.Skill TridentZ F4-4000C17D-32GTRGB
    Graphics Card #1Asus 3080 Ti TUF OC
    MonitorLG 38GN950-B
    Storage #1Intel Optane 900p
    Storage #2Adata SX8200 PRO
    CPU CoolerLiquid Freezer II 360
    CasePhanteks Eclipse P500A
    Power SupplySeasonic TX-1000
    Mouse Logitech G502
    Headset Sennheiser 660S
    OS Windows 10 PRO
    Betroz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Reputation
    21
    Posts
    43

    Hi guys

    Are the newer Apex XII BIOS versons more buggy? With both 2103 and the newest 2301 my manually set power limits (Long and Short) are not uphold. I have set a 250W power limit, but when I fire up Prime95 with AVX it basts over 300W and a BSOD follows. This did not happen with the old 0901 BIOS. With 0901 the CPU clocks dropped while running Prime95 AVX as intended to uphold the 250W limits.

    I prefer to use a newer BIOS to have Rebar support as I have a 3080Ti card. Anybody here have this issue or are willing to try it out? Maybe the 1003 BIOS is better? I read now that it has Rebar support too.

    Edit : I loaded stock CPU settings, but with custom power limits - now it works. So it only happens in full manual mode with c-states, EIST, Speedstep settings OFF. Cool bug...or feature in new BIOS?
    Last edited by Betroz; 08-29-2021 at 05:19 PM.

  5. #685
    ROG Guru: White Belt Array RobertoSampaio PC Specs
    RobertoSampaio PC Specs
    MotherboardMaximus XII Formula
    Processori9 - 10900KF - SP86 - 56x4 - 55x6 - 54x8 - 53x10
    Memory (part number)2X - KHX3733C19D4/16GX - 4100MHz
    Graphics Card #1Gigabyte RTX-3080 GAMING OC
    MonitorLG-34GL750 - 144Hz
    CPU CoolerCorsair H115i - Pro 280mm
    CaseCorsair Graphite Series 780T White Full-Tower
    Power SupplyCorsair HX 1000i - 1000W
    Keyboard Corsair k90 Vengeance
    Mouse Corsair Scimitar Elite
    OS Windows 10 Pro - 21H1

    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    85

    The problem is there are 2 power measurements. One from CPU other from MB.
    For the 2 match you need to tune DC_LL.
    When tunned, at full load VID=VCore and CPU_Power=MB_Power.

  6. #686
    ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array Braegnok PC Specs
    Braegnok PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus Maximus Z690 Apex
    ProcessorIntel Core i9-12900K
    Memory (part number)F5-5600U3636C16GX2-TZ5K
    Graphics Card #1Nvidia RTX 3090 FE
    MonitorAsus Swift PG32UQX
    Storage #1Seagate FireCuda 530
    CPU CoolerOptimus Signature V2 Black Cerakote
    CaseTT A700 TG
    Power SupplyCorsair AX1600i
    Keyboard Das Keyboard 4 Ultimate
    Mouse G502 Lightspeed
    Headset SteelSeries Arctis Pro
    OS Windows 11 Pro
    Braegnok's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Reputation
    19
    Posts
    242

    Quote Originally Posted by Betroz View Post
    Hi guys

    Are the newer Apex XII BIOS versons more buggy? With both 2103 and the newest 2301 my manually set power limits (Long and Short) are not uphold. I have set a 250W power limit, but when I fire up Prime95 with AVX it basts over 300W and a BSOD follows. This did not happen with the old 0901 BIOS. With 0901 the CPU clocks dropped while running Prime95 AVX as intended to uphold the 250W limits.

    I prefer to use a newer BIOS to have Rebar support as I have a 3080Ti card. Anybody here have this issue or are willing to try it out? Maybe the 1003 BIOS is better? I read now that it has Rebar support too.

    Edit : I loaded stock CPU settings, but with custom power limits - now it works. So it only happens in full manual mode with c-states, EIST, Speedstep settings OFF. Cool bug...or feature in new BIOS?
    With i9-10900K chip and XII board, I recommend BIOS 1003. I have similar hardware as you, and 1003 works best on my hardware vs any newer version.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	hwinfo.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	508.3 KB 
ID:	89803
    Last edited by Braegnok; 08-30-2021 at 11:47 PM.

  7. #687
    ROG Guru: White Belt Array kvarq PC Specs
    kvarq PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus Apex XII
    Processor10900K
    Memory (part number)F4-4000C16D-32GTRSA
    Graphics Card #13090 K|NGP|N
    Sound CardSound Blaster Z
    MonitorPG279Q
    Storage #1980 Pro 2TB
    CPU CoolerThermaltake Ultimate 3.0
    CaseMeshify S2
    Power SupplySeasonic Titanium TX850
    Keyboard Razer Huntsman
    Mouse Razer Viper 8K
    Mouse Pad RAZER Firefly V2
    OS 21H1

    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Reputation
    15
    Posts
    76

    I think at some point you were happy with 2002 or 2004
    went back to 1003?

    wrt RBAR - not sure if 1003 is Nvidia RBAR "optimized", maybe just AMD back then, I also tried it with newer bioses... this one is actually hit & miss... in some games performance is slightly worse with RBAR on, maybe some numbers look better, but lows are actually somehow inferior, noticed myself as well some slight stutters in CP2077, RDR2, Watch Dogs Legion so I prefer to leave it off in the end

  8. #688
    ROG Enthusiast Array Betroz PC Specs
    Betroz PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus Maximus XII Apex
    Processori9 10900K
    Memory (part number)32GB G.Skill TridentZ F4-4000C17D-32GTRGB
    Graphics Card #1Asus 3080 Ti TUF OC
    MonitorLG 38GN950-B
    Storage #1Intel Optane 900p
    Storage #2Adata SX8200 PRO
    CPU CoolerLiquid Freezer II 360
    CasePhanteks Eclipse P500A
    Power SupplySeasonic TX-1000
    Mouse Logitech G502
    Headset Sennheiser 660S
    OS Windows 10 PRO
    Betroz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Reputation
    21
    Posts
    43

    Quote Originally Posted by Braegnok View Post
    With i9-10900K chip and XII board, I recommend BIOS 1003. I have similar hardware as you, and 1003 works best on my hardware vs any newer version.
    Thanks for the tip

  9. #689
    ROG Enthusiast Array Betroz PC Specs
    Betroz PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus Maximus XII Apex
    Processori9 10900K
    Memory (part number)32GB G.Skill TridentZ F4-4000C17D-32GTRGB
    Graphics Card #1Asus 3080 Ti TUF OC
    MonitorLG 38GN950-B
    Storage #1Intel Optane 900p
    Storage #2Adata SX8200 PRO
    CPU CoolerLiquid Freezer II 360
    CasePhanteks Eclipse P500A
    Power SupplySeasonic TX-1000
    Mouse Logitech G502
    Headset Sennheiser 660S
    OS Windows 10 PRO
    Betroz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Reputation
    21
    Posts
    43

    Quote Originally Posted by kvarq View Post
    wrt RBAR - not sure if 1003 is Nvidia RBAR "optimized", maybe just AMD back then, I also tried it with newer bioses... this one is actually hit & miss... in some games performance is slightly worse with RBAR on, maybe some numbers look better, but lows are actually somehow inferior, noticed myself as well some slight stutters in CP2077, RDR2, Watch Dogs Legion so I prefer to leave it off in the end
    Did you try Rebar off/on for Battlefield aswell?

  10. #690
    ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array Braegnok PC Specs
    Braegnok PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus Maximus Z690 Apex
    ProcessorIntel Core i9-12900K
    Memory (part number)F5-5600U3636C16GX2-TZ5K
    Graphics Card #1Nvidia RTX 3090 FE
    MonitorAsus Swift PG32UQX
    Storage #1Seagate FireCuda 530
    CPU CoolerOptimus Signature V2 Black Cerakote
    CaseTT A700 TG
    Power SupplyCorsair AX1600i
    Keyboard Das Keyboard 4 Ultimate
    Mouse G502 Lightspeed
    Headset SteelSeries Arctis Pro
    OS Windows 11 Pro
    Braegnok's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Reputation
    19
    Posts
    242

    Quote Originally Posted by kvarq View Post
    I think at some point you were happy with 2002 or 2004
    went back to 1003?

    wrt RBAR - not sure if 1003 is Nvidia RBAR "optimized", maybe just AMD back then, I also tried it with newer bioses... this one is actually hit & miss... in some games performance is slightly worse with RBAR on, maybe some numbers look better, but lows are actually somehow inferior, noticed myself as well some slight stutters in CP2077, RDR2, Watch Dogs Legion so I prefer to leave it off in the end
    I noticed instability running 2002 or 2004 using my old OC settings from 0804, 0901,.. as system needed more voltage and my board did not train memory as well with the newer BIOS. I could still get everything stable, but needed to spend much more time adjusting everything so I rolled back to 0901.

    And than I decided to try RBAR and 1003 was first BIOS with RBAR support, all my old OC profiles worked from 0901, and the board trained memory vary well.

    So for me 1003 with RBAR has been working fine.

    Personally with RBAR enabled, I rarely see gains above 4% on my 3090 running @ 4K max settings, most games see no gain, those that do are dependent on having bandwidth, available bandwidth,.. seems overclocking the memory helps to provide the headroom the card needs on games optimized for RBAR.
    Last edited by Braegnok; 08-31-2021 at 02:55 AM.

Page 69 of 71 FirstFirst ... 19 59 67 68 69 70 71 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •