cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dead Threadripper 3970X?

Messworld_
Level 7
I'm experiencing some issues regarding memory on my build. Boot isn't the issue. I can get into windows fine and it seems to run pretty well for roughly the whole day. But, when I go to throw it into any low power mode, **** hits the fan. In sleep mode it will proceed to sleep for about 5 min with the power button blinking on my case. The memory RGB lights also stay on in sleep, not sure if that matters. Then in hibernate it throws Memory Code: 00 and transitions to Memory Test. To boot again I usually toggle the PSU switch and play around with the power button and it starts up again, but that's a pain and not how it should be. I don't think the memory is the issue because it did pass windows memory test and memtest86 for about 14 hours with no errors. This is my second motherboard, so I doubt that's the issue but I guess anything can happen. Maybe there's some sort of setting in BIOS I'm missing? I tried reseating the CPU last week and nothing improved. I also tried running the system out of the case and nothing improved, so no grounding issues. My build specs should be on the left, but I am new here so if there's something important I missed just let me know.

Thanks.
4 REPLIES 4

RedSector73
Level 12
Can you run HWinfo and screen shot summary page please. Want to check a hunch.

Also have you installed the latest bios and the latest amd chipset drivers ?

RedSector73 wrote:
Can you run HWinfo and screen shot summary page please. Want to check a hunch.

Also have you installed the latest bios and the latest amd chipset drivers ?

Yes I am running both the latest chipset and bios.

Summary Page:

well that screenshot killed any hunch I had. I have to mull this over before I have any fresh ideas, sorry.

god dam awesome system btw.

This is long shot from something I read recently that never thought would work but similar issue to what you describe and was on a Ryzen 3600
In Bios in [Advanced CPU Settings] [Power Supply Idle Control] change the value to [Typical Current Idle] and see if this helps.

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
Hmmm...I have to say...I don't use sleep

Very often sleep issues are memory related...

Maybe play with DRAM voltage and/or SOC voltage...

Not sure what problems 128GB will present on sleep in terms of storing to drives etc?