cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[DRIVERS] AMD Chipset/RAID (3xx/4xx/5xx/6xx/TRX40)

MoKiChU
Level 40

Hi everyone,

- AMD Chipset Drivers :

Package : 6.02.22.053 WHQL [22/02/2024]
Download : Link

Install/Update Process :

Launch "CHIPSET_AMD_vx.xx.xx.xxx.exe"

- AMD RAID Drivers (Drivers Only) :

Drivers - 6xx/TRX40 : 9.3.2.294 WHQL [26/10/2023]
Drivers - 3xx/4xx/5xx : 9.3.1.52 WHQL [02/06/2022]
Download - 6xx/TRX40 : Link
Download - 3xx/4xx/5xx : Link

Install/Update Process :

- Press Windows key + X > Device Manager > Right-click on your AMD RAID devices > Update driver > Browse my computer for driver software
- Browse... > Select the extracted drivers folder (RAID_AMD_v...) > Check the Include subfolders option > Next

OS requirements : Windows 10 64 bit or more recent.
Hardware requirements : Motherboards with AMD 3xx/4xx/5xx/6xx series chipsets & AMD TRX40 chipset.

TIPS :

If you want to manage the drivers (remove old/unused drivers for example) that you have in your Windows DriverStore
Use Driver Store Explorer (Right click on "Rapr.exe" > Run as administrator).

If you want better interrupts delivery latency
Enable MSI (Message Signaled-based Interrupts) mode on all your supported devices (see the column "supported modes") with
MSI Mode Utility (Right click on "MSI_Mode_Utility_v3.exe" > Run as administrator).
185 REPLIES 185

mimosoft
Level 7
Hi. Thank you. Is there a changelog you can provide?

Hi,

No, there is no changelog in the release notes, only package contents :

MoKiChU_0-1692459793008.png

MoKiChU wrote:
Hi,

No, there is no changelog in the release notes, only package contents :

Thank you. How do you have the chip set drivers before AMD has them up? Also, according to the notes above, we should ignore the sata/raid drivers and leave them as standard windows drivers? What situation would we want or need to install the AMD specific sata drivers above? Thanks

K3pler
Level 7
MoKiChU wrote:
Hi everyone,
- AMD SATA RAID Drivers (Drivers Only) :
Drivers : 9.3.0.00158 WHQL [13/03/2020]

This drivers screwed up my Windows, I had the 9.3.0.38 previously.
I guess it made my Windows to boot with Sata RAID driver, but my install is with native NVme AOC single disk M2_1, and have a Raid 0 for Sata storage.
I read the AMD RAID docs and its mode 2 and i think it has an additional step to this drivers to work around.

MoKiChU wrote:
Hi,

AMD offers SATA RAID and NVMe RAID in its RAID package, the ones I propose here are as indicated the SATA RAID drivers. In order to avoid any ambiguity in the future, I removed the SATA RAID drivers from the thread.

Hi

Tank you for sharing this drivers, there is no problem at all with it, I am using NVMe RAID with my ASUS STRIX X570-E Gaming + Windows 10 2004 19041.264

K3pler wrote:
This drivers screwed up my Windows, I had the 9.3.0.38 previously.
I guess it made my Windows to boot with Sata RAID driver, but my install is with native NVme AOC single disk M2_1, and have a Raid 0 for Sata storage.
I read the AMD RAID docs and its mode 2 and i think it has an additional step to this drivers to work around.

Never install NVME or SATA drivers on AMD unless you are using raid mode. NVME drivers should only come from your drive manufacture if any are required.

Super_Gnome
Level 11
Not sure if this helps, but it helped me find the right chipset drivers etc.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kUuY6Skll0o

https://www.amd.com/en/support

Also, not sure, but my Crosshair VIII Formula based system does not see that I have two drives installed when I click on File Explorer. Anyone know why not and/or what to do so it sees both drives?

Super Gnome wrote:
Also, not sure, but my Crosshair VIII Formula based system does not see that I have two drives installed when I click on File Explorer. Anyone know why not and/or what to do so it sees both drives?

Try Computer Management -> Storage -> Disk Management
and look to see if you have drive without assigned letter / formatted etc.