cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot disable individual SATA ports on Zenith II Extreme Alpha BIOS 902

breadswonders
Level 7
According to page 3-15 of the manual, I should be able to disable or enable each of the 4 Gray SATA6 ports from BIOS, but I am not given any such option.

There is a SATA Port Enable option, but this just disables/enables all of the Gray SATA6 ports and hides/shows them from the BIOS menu, oddly, the Black SATA6 ports are not hidden from the menu when SATA Port Enable is set to Disabled.

I think this is either a bug or an error in the manual. I have BIOS 902 flashed onto both BIOS chips and the behavior is the same on both:

• BIOS 1: I believe came from factory with BIOS 902 or was updated through the OS on install
  • BIOS 2: was flashed using BIOS FlashBack (I even compared the SHA-256 hashes of the Z2EA.CAP file on both the flash drive and on windows before flashing)

Is anyone experiencing the same thing? Is there some setting that I'm just missing here?
1 REPLY 1

dayjob
Level 9
I cannot disable them individually. I am on 902 but do not recall having this option on the previous 2xx bios that came on the board either.