New ROGer Array

Undervolt Blocked after Certain Updates Or Firmwares

So recently ran into be locked out of undervolting after bios and firmware updates, and couldn't even downgrade since Asus blocked us from downgrading. My question is......I exchanged my laptop for another one because I knew it would still have factory specs, what firmware are we having to avoid and which updates can I safely install, keep in mind I also did a full wipe of windows and turned off auto updates immediately.
    Last edited by Lillphil91; 05-23-2020 at 11:08 PM.

New ROGer Array

Avoid BIOS 310

Quote Originally Posted by Lillphil91 View Post
    So recently ran into be locked out of undervolting after bios and firmware updates, and couldn't even downgrade since Asus blocked us from downgrading. My question is......I exchanged my laptop for another one because I knew it would still have factory specs, what firmware are we having to avoid and which updates can I safely install, keep in mind I also did a full wipe of windows and turned off auto updates immediately.
    Avoid the 310 Bios update... max you can go up to is ver 308. BIOS 310 attempts to fix plundervolt and thus disables undervolting ability. You can install other updates just fine.

New ROGer Array

Yeah

Quote Originally Posted by nathanjobs91 View Post
    Avoid the 310 Bios update... max you can go up to is ver 308. BIOS 310 attempts to fix plundervolt and thus disables undervolting ability. You can install other updates just fine.

Yeah that's what I'm finding I've safely got to a good spot in all of this. The only issue now is dang windows, theres these stupid updates that literally jack my temps up to 88-89 and only after windows forced it.

EXAMPLE:
    Ghost Recon Wildlands before stupid windows updates I get get max 75

After update 88+..........

Moderator Array

Hello Lillphil91,
    Which model do you have and which BIOS are you using now?
    Thank you.