cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Undervolt Blocked after Certain Updates Or Firmwares

Lillphil91
Level 7
So recently ran into be locked out of undervolting after bios and firmware updates, and couldn't even downgrade since Asus blocked us from downgrading. My question is......I exchanged my laptop for another one because I knew it would still have factory specs, what firmware are we having to avoid and which updates can I safely install, keep in mind I also did a full wipe of windows and turned off auto updates immediately.
5 REPLIES 5

nathanjobs91
Level 7
Lillphil91 wrote:
So recently ran into be locked out of undervolting after bios and firmware updates, and couldn't even downgrade since Asus blocked us from downgrading. My question is......I exchanged my laptop for another one because I knew it would still have factory specs, what firmware are we having to avoid and which updates can I safely install, keep in mind I also did a full wipe of windows and turned off auto updates immediately.

Avoid the 310 Bios update... max you can go up to is ver 308. BIOS 310 attempts to fix plundervolt and thus disables undervolting ability. You can install other updates just fine.

nathanjobs91 wrote:
Avoid the 310 Bios update... max you can go up to is ver 308. BIOS 310 attempts to fix plundervolt and thus disables undervolting ability. You can install other updates just fine.

Yeah that's what I'm finding I've safely got to a good spot in all of this. The only issue now is dang windows, theres these stupid updates that literally jack my temps up to 88-89 and only after windows forced it.

EXAMPLE:
Ghost Recon Wildlands before stupid windows updates I get get max 75

After update 88+..........

Blake1
Level 10
Hello Lillphil91,
Which model do you have and which BIOS are you using now?
Thank you.

Blake@ASUS wrote:
Hello Lillphil91,
Which model do you have and which BIOS are you using now?
Thank you.

Update: Everything was working fine for awhile but I was forced to updated to Bios 308 from 305 does anyone have that bios because I cannot for the love of god find that firmware anywhere.

Blake1
Level 10
Dear all,
Please refer to below notice from Intel
https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000055804/processors.html?wapkw=SA-00289
We will follow this by BIOS update for all model affected.
Really sorry for any inconvenience caused.
Thank you for your continued support and patronage.