cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voice chat in Rainbow Six Siege on PC - GT-AC5300 configuration

ThreeAxis
Level 7
Hi,

We've got two GT-AC5300s at home, one downstairs and one on the 2nd floor. AiMesh setup.

We noticed that for a number of games, Voice Chat is not working. Everything else works, and many games do have Voice Chat, but one of the games that consistently doesn't have Voice Chat is Ubisoft's Rainbow Six Siege. We can't get it to run.
Now I know that it works, because when we connect the game PC to a 4G hotspot and connect over wifi, it works. But as soon as the internet is over the GT-AC5300, nothing. Riot Games' Valorant is in a comparable state.

Voice does work since my son is on Teams all the time from that same PC, and he uses Discord on the same PC as well. Other games he plays have Voice Chat also.

Turning on OpenNAT with the Asus Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six profile connected to the PC doesn't fix anything nor does it harm.

Any idea as to what might be causing this?

I looked at the Port Forwarding settings but couldn't really figure out how to set it up without blocking the game for my other son and as I understand the documentation Port Forwarding maps access to specific ports to specific IP-addresses.

Thanks for any help,

Three Axis
0 REPLIES 0