cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AX-11000 VPN Fusion Issue new firmware*03.0.4.384_9165-gdea9675

Sidragonx123
Level 7
I have an AX11000 as my main router with an RT-AC5300 as an AIMesh node. *I am connecting to ExpressVPN using OpenVPN. *Everything was working perfect including exception list with 3.0.0.4.384_8011-gf86f4e8. *I upgraded to newest version stated in subject and now my router will not connect to VPN at all. *I had to download the previous version and it is working perfectly now. *Looks like when you corrected the exception list you broke the VPN connection, at least for ExpressVPN. *Anyone else have this issue? *I have always upgraded to the newest version in the past and had no problems ever and now this version seems to be real buggy. *Actually had to hard reset router twice because it wouldn't connect to internet via modem. *I tried loading old config file as well as create VPN from scratch and no luck. *It just sits there trying to connect.

This is the first issue I have had ever with this modem and all the firmwares. *VPN with VPN Fusion is the only feature I use. *You may have fixed on thing but broke another in the process.

4 REPLIES 4

SirKillalot
Level 7
Sidragonx123 wrote:
I have an AX11000 as my main router with an RT-AC5300 as an AIMesh node. *I am connecting to ExpressVPN using OpenVPN. *Everything was working perfect including exception list with 3.0.0.4.384_8011-gf86f4e8. *I upgraded to newest version stated in subject and now my router will not connect to VPN at all. *I had to download the previous version and it is working perfectly now. *Looks like when you corrected the exception list you broke the VPN connection, at least for ExpressVPN. *Anyone else have this issue? *I have always upgraded to the newest version in the past and had no problems ever and now this version seems to be real buggy. *Actually had to hard reset router twice because it wouldn't connect to internet via modem. *I tried loading old config file as well as create VPN from scratch and no luck. *It just sits there trying to connect.

This is the first issue I have had ever with this modem and all the firmwares. *VPN with VPN Fusion is the only feature I use. *You may have fixed on thing but broke another in the process.

Hi there, read my review of this firmware in other topic. I experience also problems with fusion.

SirKillalot wrote:
Hi there, read my review of this firmware in other topic. I experience also problems with fusion.

Can you link me to the review you are referring to?

I to am having Fusion VPN problems when aimesh is enabled. Once disabled VPN Fusion works as advertised.

cewjr9842
Level 7
Sidragonx123 wrote:

When i try to connect to the VPN server using fusion, it does not connect just spins and nothing works. I have disabled everything, AI Protection, pretty much everything but it will not connect. Even with Private internet access or NordVPN still will not work. Reached out to Asus support and just getting the run arounds, this new firmware really is sucking at the moment.

I am just using the previous version which works until they fix the issue. Â*This new router has been a pain. Â*I have had nothing but problems. Â*Signal drops, now the vpn and all sorts of other issues. Â*I may just switch to netgear but I already have 2 Asus routers using AIMesh so I am stuck with two overpriced routers. Â*My RT-AC5300 has been solid though, no reason why Asus should not be fixing these problems with their newest router. Â*They release firmware fixes for the older router more often. Â*Shouldn’t they be concentrating on their newer products? Â*I hate it when companies release products before they are ready for prime time. Â*The AX-11000 definitely not ready for prime time!