cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rapture GT-AX11000 QOS settings by device

warrenallen
Level 7
Hello;
I enjoy owning the GT-AX11000; and am having tremendous difficulty with finding the correct QoS settings. My two computers and one phone should take absolute precedence over all TVs and other devices in the home. Anytime my son connects his nintendo or turns on disney plus, my computer's connection takes a dive, and phone calls go scratchy, especially if made in a voip setting like zoom, webex, whatsapp, or duo. Those are typically work related, and cannot lose quality because a child is watching tv.

Where can I change the priority of devices in the router? I see the lists, but have no way to actually make the router save priority.

~W
2 REPLIES 2

Gorille
Level 8
Hithere,

Unfortunately, from what I understand the QoS only works for Internet traffic. There is no way to prioritize specific devices so they have priority over other devices in terms of sharing the Wifi bandwidth.

I'm in general quite happy with m GT-AX11000 but this is one of my major disapointement as I was really hoping to manage device priority in terms of Wifi bandwidth and not Internet traffic.
Second huge disapointement is the parental control which turns out to be extreemly basic and miss a lot of functionalities which I consider basic

If anyone had managed to assign priorities on the Wifi traffic please let me know, maybe (I hope) I'm just stupid and didn't find the way to set it up

Hi,

You can do it under Traffic Analyzer -> Bandwidth Monitor. Assign the device you want the highest priority.

https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1008717

Hope that helps.