Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS extra power connector

Daniel_Shaw
Level 10
Hi all

I am installing TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS motherboard today with the 10900k cpu

I noticed the board has a EATX_v2 power connector next to the 8pin.

My bequiet 850w straight power 11 doesnt have this extra connector, is this necessary ? what it it for?

Cheers
3 REPLIES 3

MoKiChU
Level 40
Hi,

Only the EATX12V_v1 power connector is required (with EATXPWR power connector, of course), the EATX12V_v2 power connector is optional and complementary to the first power connector, it allows more extreme overclocking capacities.

Note : The EATX12V_v2 power connector cannot be standalone used in place of EATX12V_v1 power connector.

MoKiChU wrote:
Hi,

Only the EATX12V_v1 power connector is required (with EATXPWR power connector, of course), the EATX12V_v2 power connector is optional and complementary to the first power connector, it allows more extreme overclocking capacities.

Note : The EATX12V_v2 power connector cannot be standalone used in place of EATX12V_v1 power connector.

ok thanks and second issue i am facing is when I enable XMP for my ram 3200mhz corsaid dominator, the system fails to post and then reboots the bios in safe mode. I cant even run the ram in 3000mhz

In my old 7700k system i had to increase the core voltage of the cpu to get the ram to work at 3200mhz, think the IMC needed more power.

Any advice on the 10900k and 3200mhz ram

cheers

Daniel Shaw wrote:
ok thanks and second issue i am facing is when I enable XMP for my ram 3200mhz corsaid dominator, the system fails to post and then reboots the bios in safe mode. I cant even run the ram in 3000mhz

In my old 7700k system i had to increase the core voltage of the cpu to get the ram to work at 3200mhz, think the IMC needed more power.

Any advice on the 10900k and 3200mhz ram

cheers

I will answer you on your other dedicated thread : https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?118449-TUF-GAMING-Z490-PLUS-XMP-POST-safe-mode