ROG Member Array

R6EE and XMP Mode

Hi everybody
    I have a question about XMP and CPU temp.

When i use the XMP mode but change nothing else (frequencies, voltage and so on for cpu and Dram, only switch to xmp mode) the cpu temp gets highter by ten degrees (10°C) than it was before XMP mode switch. Do you think this a normal behavior (No overclock) and just looking at the desktop on the screen.

Thanks
    François

Cpu : core i9 10900x, H100i RGB PLATINUM, RAM G.SKILL RIPJAWS DDR4-4000
    Last edited by francoistoen; 05-26-2020 at 12:21 PM.

New ROGer Array

I think it is possible for temp increase depends on how high is your xmp. At least it will set the vdram and uncore voltage. Probably vccio and vccsa too although they are not necessary for memory oc in this platform.*
    But 10 degrees does seems excessive if you are talking about Celsius.

Administrator Array Silent Scone@ASUS's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by francoistoen View Post
    Hi everybody
    I have a question about XMP and CPU temp.

When i use the XMP mode but change nothing else (frequencies, voltage and so on for cpu and Dram, only switch to xmp mode) the cpu temp gets highter by ten degrees (10°C) than it was before XMP mode switch. Do you think this a normal behavior (No overclock) and just looking at the desktop on the screen.

Thanks
    François

Cpu : core i9 10900x, H100i RGB PLATINUM, RAM G.SKILL RIPJAWS DDR4-4000

Hello,

When XMP is enabled associated voltage rails scale to accommodate stability (VCCIO/VCCSA). Depending on the CPU sample you may be able to dial these back, but for the sake of stability it's safe to let the board do the work. The fact you are running at 4GHZ will mean those rails will scale enough to notice a rise in temps, as these signal rails are on die.