cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
19 REPLIES 19

drop4205
Level 12
Does it break aura like the others have in the past. Not a big deal to fix but is it worth the update to 2004?
Maximus XI Formula, I9-9900k, Phantex Evolove X, Seasonic Titanium 850W, Custom loop PE360+SE360 Rad, G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200C14 32g, Nvidia Reference RTX 2080 TI, Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1Tb, Windows 11

drop4205 wrote:
Does it break aura like the others have in the past. Not a big deal to fix but is it worth the update to 2004?

It depends. Everyone's system is different. In other words, everyone's system has different software and hardware configurations. It's always a risk installing any software that controls motherboard hardware. For my system, It works perfect. For yours, I couldn't tell you.

Just tried the 2004 upgrade on my brand new build, ROG Crosshair VIII Impact board with 3950x, and had to roll back. It installed fine but was completely unusable, constantly locking up certain apps, mainly browsers but even notepad++! Gave up in the end and rolled back to 1909 and things are fine again. Not sure what was causing the issue to be honest but might wait for driver updates before trying again unless anybody has any ideas.

TomDD

Update was a nightmare, Aura lighting should be deactivated, problems with sound Realtek device/USB ports as well.
At the end, I got it.

However, two main problems occur : soft asking for sleep/deep sleep states or soft rebooting both failed, no blue screen, no DMP files, only "reboot" machine worked.

Any ideas ? Am I alone with these pbs ?

AMD published :
- a new version of their Chipset software (2.05.04.352) : no change, pbs still there (they took it off very quickly from their site, why ? )
- a new version of their graphic 2020 adrenalin soft (20.5.1) : no change, pbs still there

proc is AMD 3900X, of course with Win10 1909 everything was OK

Greetings from Lille, FRANCE

I installed the update on the 27th of May. It took more than an hour to update. No problems from the update so far.

Yves LEMOINE wrote:
Update was a nightmare, Aura lighting should be deactivated, problems with sound Realtek device/USB ports as well.
At the end, I got it.

However, two main problems occur : soft asking for sleep/deep sleep states or soft rebooting both failed, no blue screen, no DMP files, only "reboot" machine worked.

Any ideas ? Am I alone with these pbs ?

AMD published :
- a new version of their Chipset software (2.05.04.352) : no change, pbs still there (they took it off very quickly from their site, why ? )
- a new version of their graphic 2020 adrenalin soft (20.5.1) : no change, pbs still there

proc is AMD 3900X, of course with Win10 1909 everything was OK

Greetings from Lille, FRANCE

OK now it's solved : in device manager, system devices, they were two AMDSpecialTool , uninstall these and that was ok !!!

ASUS IX Extreme, No problems noted.
ASUS G752VL, now running A-volute Sonic Studio III and Sonic Radar (version 3.16.9).
ASUS VIII Formula, broke Aura, Aura completely deleted after upgrade, if it were not for the blank icon hole on start menu I would have not noticed. All lights are red and I’m okay with that. No other problems noted.

TomDD wrote:
Just tried the 2004 upgrade on my brand new build, ROG Crosshair VIII Impact board with 3950x, and had to roll back. It installed fine but was completely unusable, constantly locking up certain apps, mainly browsers but even notepad++! Gave up in the end and rolled back to 1909 and things are fine again. Not sure what was causing the issue to be honest but might wait for driver updates before trying again unless anybody has any ideas.

TomDD

Update: I've upgraded again but this time uninstalled MalwareBytes and so far so good.

I've never had issues before with MB but have always used it as freeware so the real-time protection was off. As this was a new build it was in the trial period so the real-time protection was on.

TomDD

MoKiChU
Level 40