cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bios 1502 Unstable overclock maximus xi formula

kristocro
Level 7
Hello, so i had on 1401 bios overclocked i9 9900k on 5.2 with no problem under 1.4 volts. Now after update it is unstable with that same setup and cant boot. I filled up few more volts and it booted but the temperatures are insane. I decided to roll back bios but same thing it is now unstable on that speed. Anybody has solution maybe or maybe some overclocking setup that could work?
4 REPLIES 4

X-TAC
Level 8
I find myself in the same position on the Formula XI and 1502. 9 months of stability replaced by incessant crashes and hotter CPU temps with less voltage after dropping back two rungs. Went back to 1401 relatively quickly, but it is jittery now there as well. There are a fairly long list of complaints in the 1502 BIOS thread, but that covers a wide range of things. Not really sure on this. **I can confirm my CPU temps dropped back to expected levels on 1401. It was a significant increase on 1502, even at lower Vcore with identical LLC and behavior settings. Very strange.

X-TAC wrote:
I find myself in the same position on the Formula XI and 1502. 9 months of stability replaced by incessant crashes and hotter CPU temps with less voltage after dropping back two rungs. Went back to 1401 relatively quickly, but it is jittery now there as well. There are a fairly long list of complaints in the 1502 BIOS thread, but that covers a wide range of things. Not really sure on this. **I can confirm my CPU temps dropped back to expected levels on 1401. It was a significant increase on 1502, even at lower Vcore with identical LLC and behavior settings. Very strange.

Are you using fixed mode vcore here?
Did you monitor vcore in Hwinfo64 on both bioses? Was the load vcore the same in hwinfo? And more importantly, was "Cpu current" and "CPU Power" the same? As well as VRM temp too...compare them on both bioses please (look in Asus EC in hwinfo sensors area". I am not talking about package power!

Because its electrically impossible for a CPU to be a different temp if both of these are the same.

Zephir87
Level 7
kristocro wrote:
Hello, so i had on 1401 bios overclocked i9 9900k on 5.2 with no problem under 1.4 volts. Now after update it is unstable with that same setup and cant boot. I filled up few more volts and it booted but the temperatures are insane. I decided to roll back bios but same thing it is now unstable on that speed. Anybody has solution maybe or maybe some overclocking setup that could work?

I flashed back 1401. 1502 for me is trash. 5ghz at 1.26 on 1401 and with 1502 i have costant crash even at 1.30

Same with me, i rolled back and it can work in games but it can't complete cinebech. Nwm iam furios on asus for doing this every once in while...and technical support for this kind of thing is total 0. I feel that just one guy is dealing with all the complaints because they need over 20 days to answer some questions and usually without any solution.