cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3950X Base clock @ 3400 MHZ not 3500 MHZ

svan71
Level 7
I have bios 1302 installed and I am not overclocking my cpu but for some reason my processor is running at 3400 mhz base not 3500 and I have no idea why. Its boosting fine but at idle I'm 100mhz off on all cores. Cpu z as well as hwinfo show my multiplier at 34.

Any ideas?
2 REPLIES 2

Veovis
Level 10
No idea if you're using Windows, but perhaps Windows power settings? I had a bottle neck for about 2 weeks until I realized there was an "AMD RYZEN HIGH PERFORMACE" plan buried in the Power&sleep section (additional settings) of the settings window.

As for the base clock? You can tweak that manually in the BIOS/AI Tweaker if the multiplier is stuck at 34, assuming you're on an X or B motherboard.

Veovis wrote:
No idea if you're using Windows, but perhaps Windows power settings? I had a bottle neck for about 2 weeks until I realized there was an "AMD RYZEN HIGH PERFORMANCE" plan buried in the Power&sleep section (additional settings) of the settings window.

As for the base clock? You can tweak that manually in the BIOS/AI Tweaker if the multiplier is stuck at 34, assuming you're on an X or B motherboard.

Bingo ! thanks, it seems the Balanced plan actually lowers the multiplier.