New ROGer Array

Question G731GV Monitor Issue. Dead Pixels?

Hi all,

I bought new G731GV (IPS 144) around 2 months ago and just now I noticed a dark dot on a white background that I can’t wipe. I took a photo of it but can't really realize is it broken pixels? Is it how they looks like? Beceause as I see on the photo they are not totally dark... How can verify it for sure?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5236.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	324.7 KB 
ID:	85035

thanks in advance for all your replies

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by inkognito920 View Post
    Hi all,

I bought new G731GV (IPS 144) around 2 months ago and just now I noticed a dark dot on a white background that I can’t wipe. I took a photo of it but can't really realize is it broken pixels? Is it how they looks like? Beceause as I see on the photo they are not totally dark... How can verify it for sure?

Name:	IMG_5236.jpg 
Size:	324.7 KB 
ID:	85035

thanks in advance for all your replies
    I'm quite sceptical it's a dead pixel. Probably some dirt or dust from the inside. I also had similar situation many years ago. Few years after, had to open the laptop and its display and this "thing" just dropped out.

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array

Is it right in the middle?

I had the exact same thing happen to my G750JH after a couple years. I ended up selling it to my brother and he used an external display so it wasn't a big deal to him. I wasnt able to fix it with any remedy, however I never tried a disassembly. It was only noticeable on pure white colors, so I didnt see it much gaming when I used it.

If you are technically inclined, I may look to ebay for a replacement. the screens themselves can be bought and are not that expensive. You could even look into upgrading to a higher end screen.
    (ROG has simply become too expensive compared to the competition with same specs... )
    MSI GE75 Raider 10SGS - i7 10750H - RTX 2080 Super - 32GB Ram - 1TB WD NVMe - 2TB 960 EVO - 300Hz 17inch Display
    RETIRED: ALIENWARE R17 R5 - i7 8750H - GTX 1070 @ 1.9Ghz - 16GB DDR4 - NVMe 970 EVO 1TB - SSD 960 EVO 1TB
    SOLD: ASUS G703VI-XH74K, RETIRED: ASUS G752VY-DH72, RETIRED: ASUS G750JH DB71 , RETIRED:ASUS G74Sx DH72

New ROGer Array

Fortunately it's not on the middle of the display. I was surfed some sites and read about dead pixels and looks like that's really could be some dust or dirt under the display. Anyway it's visible only on a white background so I've been a bit calmed down because I needed some opinion about that to understood what is this exactly. I can't force myself to stop looking on this area with dot whenever browser surfing. Thank you

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by inkognito920 View Post
    Fortunately it's not on the middle of the display. I was surfed some sites and read about dead pixels and looks like that's really could be some dust or dirt under the display. Anyway it's visible only on a white background so I've been a bit calmed down because I needed some opinion about that to understood what is this exactly. I can't force myself to stop looking on this area with dot whenever browser surfing. Thank you
    Even if it sounds a little bit brutal and stupid, try shaking it with knocking on the screen, to try fall it down if it's dust or something like that

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array pndiode PC Specs
    pndiode PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)ASUS G752VL-DH71
    MotherboardROG Maximus IX Extreme
    ProcessorI7-7700K
    Memory (part number)G-Skill F4-3600C19Q-32GTZRB
    Graphics Card #1ROG GTX 980 MATRIX-GTX980-P-4GD5 Bykski Water N-AS98ROG-X Full Cover
    Graphics Card #2ROG GTX 980 MATRIX-GTX980-P-4GD5 Bykski Water N-AS98ROG-X Full Cover
    MonitorSAMSUNG S22D300HY (2 ea)
    Storage #1WD Black SN750 1TB
    Storage #2WD Blue 4TB (4 ea)
    CPU CoolerEK PE 360 (Top), PE 240 (Front), and Xres 100 Elite
    CaseROG Strix Helios
    Power SupplyThermalTake Toughpower 1200W
    Keyboard Cerberus
    Mouse Logitech MX Master S2
    Headset ROG Strix Fusion 300
    Mouse Pad Generic
    Headset/Speakers Bose Companion 3 Series II
    OS Win 10 Pro 2004
    Network RouterGeneric
    Accessory #1 ROG Aura Terminal
    Accessory #2 ROG 10GB Express
    Accessory #3 Corsair ML140 (4 ea), Corsair ML120 (3 ea)

Dead Pixels?

While playing C&C Tiberium Wars I thought it was a Mastermind trying to sneak on base and my units would not attack it, but it was a real spider (dead now).

Spider

Name:	Spider.jpg 
Size:	302.2 KB 
ID:	85062

Mastermind

Name:	Mastermind.png 
Size:	19.0 KB 
ID:	85063

Moderator Array

Hello inkongnito920,
    Yes, it is dead pixel.
    If you have further concern using it,
    You may replace panel by sending your device to service center.
    Thank you.

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by Blake@ASUS View Post
    Hello inkongnito920,
    Yes, it is dead pixel.
    If you have further concern using it,
    You may replace panel by sending your device to service center.
    Thank you.
    Thanks for your feedback. As I got there supposed to be certain amount of dead pixels to get the warranty change. I can't really understand how many dead pixels then I have? And how many at least suppose to be for the warranty repair?

Moderator Array

Hello inkongnito920,
    Please kindly send your device to service center for a complete checking and verification for more detail.
    Thank you.