Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    ROG Enthusiast Array

Not sure what's going on but, after installing the drivers (UAD - ASUS ROG SS3-DTS Intel MB) I downloaded "DTS Sound Unbound" and in the application everything says its "good to go" but when I try to enable "spatial sound" there's no option to enable DTS

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by MoKiChU View Post
    Hi,

You need to enable it here (underlined in red) from a right click on your Sound tray icon :

That's the problem after installing "DTS Sound Unbound" via the Microsoft store that option disappears and only "Dolby Access" shows up

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array Zardoc PC Specs
    Zardoc PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS ROG Strix Z590-A Gaming WiFi 6 Intel® Z590 LGA 1200 PCIe 4.0
    ProcessorIntel® Core™ i7-11700 Processor 16M Cache, up to 4.90 GHz
    Memory (part number)Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (2x8GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16 Memory Kit - Black (CMK16GX4M2B3200C16)
    Graphics Card #1ASUS Dual GeForce RTX™ 2070 OC edition 8GB GDDR6 Clock 1410 MHz Memory Clock 1750 MHz
    Sound CardOnbard Realtek 4080
    MonitorLG 27UK850-W 27'' 4K UHD IPS
    Storage #1Samsung 980 pro M.2 256 GB Pcie Gen 4.0
    Storage #2Samsung 970 Evo M.2 2280 2tb Pcie Gen3. X4
    CPU CoolerCryorig H7 Tower Cooler For AMD/Intel CPU
    CaseFractal Design Define R5 ATX Mid Tower Window Case Titanium 2X5.25 1X3.5 8X3.5IN
    Power SupplyCorsair AXi Series AX860i Digital 860W 80 PLUS
    Keyboard Logitech K800
    Mouse Logitech 705
    Headset/Speakers Klipsch THX
    OS Win 10 Ent 19043
    Network RouterAsus RT-AC86U

Hi, I have installed these new drivers but they still have a bass boom on start. I tried Sonic tools and removed them. I really don't see any quality or value in them.

As for the DTS, Board already supports it. So I am using drivers and that's it. I also had a lagging issue with boot with sonic installed. That's another reason I removed it.

As far as I am concerned the sound with these drivers is good enough. If I want high fidelity I might as well get vinyl and high fidelity tube amplifiers with high quality spkrs.

Since I am not that picky, this is fine as long as it doesn't affect the quality and stability of my Windows. BTW, it's about the same as the old ALC1220.

https://www.igorslab.de/en/the-old-a...c1220-insider/

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array Zardoc PC Specs
    Zardoc PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS ROG Strix Z590-A Gaming WiFi 6 Intel® Z590 LGA 1200 PCIe 4.0
    ProcessorIntel® Core™ i7-11700 Processor 16M Cache, up to 4.90 GHz
    Memory (part number)Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (2x8GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16 Memory Kit - Black (CMK16GX4M2B3200C16)
    Graphics Card #1ASUS Dual GeForce RTX™ 2070 OC edition 8GB GDDR6 Clock 1410 MHz Memory Clock 1750 MHz
    Sound CardOnbard Realtek 4080
    MonitorLG 27UK850-W 27'' 4K UHD IPS
    Storage #1Samsung 980 pro M.2 256 GB Pcie Gen 4.0
    Storage #2Samsung 970 Evo M.2 2280 2tb Pcie Gen3. X4
    CPU CoolerCryorig H7 Tower Cooler For AMD/Intel CPU
    CaseFractal Design Define R5 ATX Mid Tower Window Case Titanium 2X5.25 1X3.5 8X3.5IN
    Power SupplyCorsair AXi Series AX860i Digital 860W 80 PLUS
    Keyboard Logitech K800
    Mouse Logitech 705
    Headset/Speakers Klipsch THX
    OS Win 10 Ent 19043
    Network RouterAsus RT-AC86U

Just to add to this thread, this driver doesn't fix a thing. Same issues present.

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array

One of the big problems I have with this "Realtek USB Audio" chip, which was never present on their older ALC1220(?) chips, is the huge audio lag you get when playing WAV files, when another (e.g. directsound) sound source isn't open at the same time. This is actually a MAJOR problem for me, as a chess master, I often play 1 minute chess on "Internet chess club" with the blizin client (best interface ever), and that client (based on >15 year old tech) plays independent wav files for sound events, like piece moves. But what happens is an almost 1 second lag appears when you move a piece and the sound actually plays, making fast moves skip sounds, making it impossible to hear when your opponent has moved or when your move has completed. This was the SAME issue that I had on the Creative X7, and I spent many fruitless hours trying to report it to Creative and they never fixed it, even despite desperate reports to Creative Singapore and even PM's on Head-fi.

It's worth noting that the Creative Super X-fi Amp does *NOT* have this issue at all. (But having to use headphones all the time with it gets painful for someone with physical disabilities, and using it in 2 speaker mode outputting to a 5.1 desktop speaker setup (only front channels work) is no fun for games; I'm assuming the Creative X3 would be more suitable as it has 5.1 outputs). Also the Sennheiser GSX-1000 likewise does not have this issue.

For both this "USB Audio" and the X7, one workaround to this is to have some sort of game running suspended in the background (like Overwatch), which seems to prevent any of the wav file processing lag. But that's still annoying. Having a video opened and paused in Media Player Classic also is a workaround. The only internet searches that showed anything about this "wav file lag" was to "Enable hardware acceleration" with some older Realtek onboard, but that option isn't 'anywhere to be found with Realtek USB Audio. A user on discord said having discord running stops this from happening too but that didn't work for me (Maybe I need to enable some option in discord, i don't know).

Also the registry edits to change those PerformanceSetting idle thingies to ff ff ff ff, 00 00 00 00 and ff ff ff ff also don't fix the problem either.

Not much more I can say about this.

ROG Member Array

I noticed that lag with Windows system sounds (only wav files, mp3 are fine) and test sounds in the speaker options. Also a bad noise gate which often eats the start of sound files.
    I was wondering if its just a driver issue or bad implementation by mainboard manufacturers. Guess I have my answer now. Thats shameful.

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array

Quote Originally Posted by iisd View Post
    I noticed that lag with Windows system sounds (only wav files, mp3 are fine) and test sounds in the speaker options. Also a bad noise gate which often eats the start of sound files.
    I was wondering if its just a driver issue or bad implementation by mainboard manufacturers. Guess I have my answer now. Thats shameful.
    It's something to do with the Realtek USB audio chip but I have NO idea if it's drivers or firmware. The Creative X7 had the same problem. I am too lazy to hook it up and check the latest firmware to see if it's fixed or not.

What I do know is that the Creative USB Super X-fi Amp, Sennheiser GSX-1000 and (probably also, but I don't own the device, Creative X3), don't have this problem.
    And I've never seen this on any add-in slot soundcard, ever.

ROG Member Array Bronson PC Specs
    Bronson PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus ROG Z590 Hero XIII
    ProcessorI9 11900k @5.2
    Memory (part number)16gb G-skill @3600mhz 16-16-36
    Graphics Card #1RTX 2080ti
    MonitorAsus pg279q
    Storage #12gig in total
    CPU CoolerNoctua NH-D15 chromax
    CaseCoolermaster MasterCase Pro 5
    Power SupplySeasonic Prime Ultra 750, 80+ Titanium
    Keyboard Cherry MX Board 6.0
    Mouse Zowie EC1
    Headset GSP600
    Mouse Pad Zowie gtf-x
    OS Windows 10 Home 64bit
    Accessory #1 Zowie Camade
    Accessory #2 Ben-Q Ew2775e
    Accessory #3 Thrustmaster Eswap pro x

Hello!
    I have the ROG MAXIMUS XIII HERO, i just installed your audio drivers the way described in the first thread. But they don't fix my problem: I use a headset with Headphone out and Mic in (totally standard setup) but i also use the "Line in" at the back to connect my TV audio into the PC. Then i click on "Listen to device" at "Line in" so i can hear my TV. Unfortunately now my Mic is recording and i can hear everything i say too (although it is very quiet), just like "Listen to device" but its not set to that, and if i set the "Mic in" to "listen to device" i can hear myself loudly. It seems to me there is crosstalk between "line in" and "Mic in"? can you help me? This worked on my Asus Z490-F flawlessly.
    Last edited by Bronson; 05-14-2021 at 10:47 PM.

ROG Guru: Green Belt Array MoKiChU PC Specs
    MoKiChU PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS ROG Strix Z370-F Gaming
    ProcessorIntel Core i7-8700K
    Memory (part number)Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4 2666MHz CL16 - 16GB (2 x 8GB)
    Graphics Card #1ASUS ROG Strix GTX 1080 Ti OC
    MonitorASUS ROG Strix XG35VQ
    Storage #1SSD NVMe Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB
    Storage #2SSD NVMe Samsung 960 EVO 250GB | SSD NVMe Corsair Force MP510 240GB | SSHD AHCI Seagate FireCuda 2TB
    CPU CoolerCooler Master ML240L RGB
    CaseBitFenix Enso
    Power SupplyCorsair TX850M (850W)
    Keyboard Logitech G413
    Mouse Logitech G502
    Headset/Speakers Logitech Z333
    OS Windows 11 Pro 21H2/CO/22000.x

Quote Originally Posted by Bronson View Post
    Hello!
    I have the ROG MAXIMUS XIII HERO, i just installed your audio drivers the way described in the first thread. But they don't fix my problem: I use a headset with Headphone out and Mic in (totally standard setup) but i also use the "Line in" at the back to connect my TV audio into the PC. Then i click on "Listen to device" at "Line in" so i can hear my TV. Unfortunately now my Mic is recording and i can hear everything i say too (although it is very quiet), just like "Listen to device" but its not set to that, and if i set the "Mic in" to "listen to device" i can hear myself loudly. It seems to me there is crosstalk between "line in" and "Mic in"? can you help me
    Hi,

You have an ASUS ROG SS3|DTS Sound Unbound motherboard with ALC408x codec, so :

You need Realtek USB Audio Drivers (UAD - ASUS ROG SS3-DTS MB Gen2) from the first post of this thread.

Follow scrupulously your CLEANUP process then your INSTALL process, for the next drivers packages that I would release, you will can directly follow your UPDATE process.

Regarding your mixing issue, check that Sonic Studio Virtual Mixer is disabled : Sonic Studio III > Record Studio > Virtual Mixer > Virtual Mixer : Off

But anyway : Since your issue occurring with drivers from your motherboard support page (and therefore that it is not specific to the drivers that I propose) : Open a ticket with ASUS Support.
    Last edited by MoKiChU; 11-25-2021 at 09:28 AM.

ROG Member Array Bronson PC Specs
    Bronson PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus ROG Z590 Hero XIII
    ProcessorI9 11900k @5.2
    Memory (part number)16gb G-skill @3600mhz 16-16-36
    Graphics Card #1RTX 2080ti
    MonitorAsus pg279q
    Storage #12gig in total
    CPU CoolerNoctua NH-D15 chromax
    CaseCoolermaster MasterCase Pro 5
    Power SupplySeasonic Prime Ultra 750, 80+ Titanium
    Keyboard Cherry MX Board 6.0
    Mouse Zowie EC1
    Headset GSP600
    Mouse Pad Zowie gtf-x
    OS Windows 10 Home 64bit
    Accessory #1 Zowie Camade
    Accessory #2 Ben-Q Ew2775e
    Accessory #3 Thrustmaster Eswap pro x

No, Virtual mixer is OFF and i can still hear myself trough the MIC.

Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast