Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast
    New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by Falkentyne View Post
    Zardoc, didn't you say you were in contact with Asus before about the "Delayed WAV file" and sound clipping problem with windows "system" sounds or direct WAV file playback?

I checked Asus site and they still haven't updated any drivers.
    Have any of the updates here fixed this issue? I have long since given up and reinstalled my Creative X-fi PCIE card, after buying a x4 riser adapter, so it no longer blocks the intake of my RTX 3090 FE (the adapter is much smaller so the 3090 FE's fan intake is no longer blocked). And now all my sounds are perfect again with the X-fi Fatal1ty card.
    Hm, perhaps you were thinking of me? Cause I was in contact with them and promised new drivers "soon" but so far nothing. I emailed them last week asking for an update and all I got told is "we aren't sure how long this will still take."

What's even worse than the audio delay is the fact the small chance that the audio turns into LOUD STATIC and blasts my eardrums. Fact it's been almost half a year is just a joke.

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array Zardoc PC Specs
    Zardoc PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS ROG Strix Z590-A Gaming WiFi 6 Intel® Z590 LGA 1200 PCIe 4.0
    ProcessorIntel® Core™ i7-11700 Processor 16M Cache, up to 4.90 GHz
    Memory (part number)Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (2x8GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16 Memory Kit - Black (CMK16GX4M2B3200C16)
    Graphics Card #1ASUS Dual GeForce RTX™ 2070 OC edition 8GB GDDR6 Clock 1410 MHz Memory Clock 1750 MHz
    Sound CardOnbard Realtek 4080
    MonitorLG 27UK850-W 27'' 4K UHD IPS
    Storage #1Samsung 980 pro M.2 256 GB Pcie Gen 4.0
    Storage #2Samsung 970 Evo M.2 2280 2tb Pcie Gen3. X4
    CPU CoolerCryorig H7 Tower Cooler For AMD/Intel CPU
    CaseFractal Design Define R5 ATX Mid Tower Window Case Titanium 2X5.25 1X3.5 8X3.5IN
    Power SupplyCorsair AXi Series AX860i Digital 860W 80 PLUS
    Keyboard Logitech K800
    Mouse Logitech 705
    Headset/Speakers Klipsch THX
    OS Win 10 Ent 19043
    Network RouterAsus RT-AC86U

Quote Originally Posted by Falkentyne View Post
    Zardoc, didn't you say you were in contact with Asus before about the "Delayed WAV file" and sound clipping problem with windows "system" sounds or direct WAV file playback?

I checked Asus site and they still haven't updated any drivers.
    Have any of the updates here fixed this issue? I have long since given up and reinstalled my Creative X-fi PCIE card, after buying a x4 riser adapter, so it no longer blocks the intake of my RTX 3090 FE (the adapter is much smaller so the 3090 FE's fan intake is no longer blocked). And now all my sounds are perfect again with the X-fi Fatal1ty card.

In my case I found the issue even had an RMA board. 4080 Audio codecs don't play nice with certain USB devices, In my case it was my Logitech C615. It worked fine on my Prime Z270 but when I used it on my Strix I had more than 30 second delays on boot.

To fix, remove all USB hardware. Booting should be normal. In my case even if I see sound icon with X I will have sound but boot returned to a logical 20 seconds.

I changed the webcam with a Nexigo and no issues anymore.

Asus should do more testing and fix these incompatibilities. Sound scratching is another issue users are having.

Besides, Asus doesn't put out drivers, it's Realtek. They pour out UAD drivers by the load but 4080 & 4082 drivers are rare and far between.
    Really sad paying for a high end board like this and having issues which are not seen on mid range boards like the Prime series.

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array

Hello there!
    Here I am as I've migrated to this new driver version as for my new motherboard that, as you told me, has the Realtek USB Audio Drivers (UAD - ASUS ROG SS3-DTS MB).

Just a question: after installing everything, I see in the taskbar, under the sound menu, obviously the Realtek USB Audio that works perfectly after a complete cleanup and reinstall of the drivers as you mentioned, but I also have a Sonic Studio Virtual Mixer.

Is this Sonic Studio Virtual Mixer something related to this ASUS driver here I have just installed?

Everything works perfectly as mentioned when I select Realtek USB Audio, so I was only wandering if it might be some old audio card or driver I installed in the past and that never came up for some reason and now found its way out (maybe I disabled it and now that I have made some cleanup and Windows update it came visible again!?)

I see it in the Device manager, so before uninstalling it, I would like to have confirmation that it is not related to the Realtek USB Audio Drivers (UAD - ASUS ROG SS3-DTS MB).

Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by piratino View Post
    Hello there!
    Here I am as I've migrated to this new driver version as for my new motherboard that, as you told me, has the Realtek USB Audio Drivers (UAD - ASUS ROG SS3-DTS MB).

Just a question: after installing everything, I see in the taskbar, under the sound menu, obviously the Realtek USB Audio that works perfectly after a complete cleanup and reinstall of the drivers as you mentioned, but I also have a Sonic Studio Virtual Mixer.

Is this Sonic Studio Virtual Mixer something related to this ASUS driver here I have just installed?

Everything works perfectly as mentioned when I select Realtek USB Audio, so I was only wandering if it might be some old audio card or driver I installed in the past and that never came up for some reason and now found its way out (maybe I disabled it and now that I have made some cleanup and Windows update it came visible again!?)

I see it in the Device manager, so before uninstalling it, I would like to have confirmation that it is not related to the Realtek USB Audio Drivers (UAD - ASUS ROG SS3-DTS MB).

Thank you.
    Just realized from Driver Store Explorer that Sonic Studio Virtual Mixer is related to AVoluteSS3Vad.inf file and looking at the version and date it is related to package SS3|SSVM VAD Media Driver : 10.38.41.588 WHQL [06/08/2019], so indeed is from this latest build.

As I'm here, I have installed DTS Sound Unbound, but can't enable the DTS Headphone:X.
    Any clue on doing that?

Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by piratino View Post
    Just realized from Driver Store Explorer that Sonic Studio Virtual Mixer is related to AVoluteSS3Vad.inf file and looking at the version and date it is related to package SS3|SSVM VAD Media Driver : 10.38.41.588 WHQL [06/08/2019], so indeed is from this latest build.

As I'm here, I have installed DTS Sound Unbound, but can't enable the DTS Headphone:X.
    Any clue on doing that?

Thank you.
    Uhm....super strange....when I installed Sonic Studio 3 for the first time after cleanup, the device Sonic Studio Virtual Mixer that was in the sound device menu in taskbar just disappeared.

Is that normal??

Btw... I was never ever (not even with my previous motherboard and related drivers from you) able to login into my Asus WebStorage account from the Sonic Studio 3 settings so to backup in the cloud my settings... is there a workaround?

Thank you again.

Quote Originally Posted by MoKiChU View Post
    Hi,

Sonic Studio Virtual Mixer (SSVM) is included with the SS3-DTS drivers package type (SSVM is not included with the SS3 drivers package type that your old motherboard used).

What is Sonic Studio Virtual Mixer :

Source (your motherboard overview) : https://rog.asus.com/motherboards/ro...ng-wifi-model/

If you don't need SSVM, instead of disabling the SSVM driver via your Device Manager, you can disable it via SS3 app : Sonic Studio III > Record Studio > Virtual Mixer > Virtual Mixer : Off.

I don't use this cloud backup feature, if you have a issue with it, open a ticket with ASUS Support (if the issue root cause is with ASUS cloud, they will fix it, if the issue root cause is related to the SS3 app, they will transfer to A-Volute to fix it).
    Thank you very much for your reply.

Funny thing related to the Sonic Studio Virtual Mixer is that before installing SS3 I was seeing it in the audio menu in the taskbar with the Realtek USB Audio entry, and after having installed SS3 from the Microsoft Store now I don't have it there anymore...
    I am happy with that as it was not generating any sound if I had it selected as my audio output device, and I always like to have just what I use inside that audio menu...

Regarding disabling SS3 completely, I'll give it a look in case I'd like to get rid of it. As I remember, I was barely using it with my old motherboard...

Regarding DTS Headphone:X, well I am inside the DTS app, and it is right from there that I see it disabled (grayed out and not able to click button...):
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled.png 
Views:	0 
Size:	77.9 KB 
ID:	89965
    Am I missing something here??
    And If I right click in the speaker icon in the taskbar I do not have any DTS stuff at all....

Regarding the SS3 cloud stuff, I'll contact ASUS.

And for all, thank you.

ROG Member Array

Which one of these should I install for a Crosshair VIII Extreme motherboard? Also, is this just the Realtek Driver without all the Sonic stuff?

ROG Member Array

Hi,

You have an ASUS ROG SS3|DTS Sound Unbound motherboard with ALC408x codec, so :

You need Realtek USB Audio Drivers (UAD - ASUS ROG SS3-DTS MB) from the first post of this thread.

Follow scrupulously your CLEANUP process then your INSTALL process, for the next drivers packages that I would release, you will can directly follow your UPDATE process.

Note : Refer to this post about different types of install, from the most complete to the lightest : https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthrea...e11#post839223.
    Hi,

I followed all the directions last night and my sound was working. But today, when starting my PC, I have no sound. I double checked, and the Realtek USB Audio is set as my audio source (I am using the SPDIF optical connector).

Any ideas?

*Edit*
    I re-installed the drivers and now the audio is working again.

The only issue I have now, is that any time the audio first starts, I get a 'crackle/pop' sound. One way to really produce it is to watch any YouTube Video, and any time I change the timestamp, when the audio first starts, it makes the 'crackle/pop' sound. It also does it if there is no sound, and say, the windows UAC comes up and makes the sound, it will make the 'crackle/pop' sound.

Basically any time the system goes from no sound output to sound coming out, it will crackle/pop.

Any ideas?
    Last edited by TaergEno; 09-26-2021 at 07:10 PM.

ROG Junior Member Array

Hi,

I own a crosshair VIII extreme. I installed drivers 6.3.9600.2290 and everything went smooth except my Sennheiser HD650 headphone is detected as speakers. This prevent me to use the DTS Headphone:X feature from DTS Sound Unbound.

I wanted to use the "Connector Retasking" utility from the Realtek Audio Console to force the green jack as headphones but unfortunately I can't change anything, the jacks are either fixed or greyed out (see picture)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rtk2.png 
Views:	4 
Size:	60.0 KB 
ID:	90127

Can you help me please ?

ROG Member Array

Hi,

Follow these 2 TIPS (also visible at the bottom of the first post) :

1) Disable hibernation :

- Right-click Windows Start button then click Search.
    - Search for cmd. In the search results list, right-click Command Prompt and then click Run as administrator.
    - If/When you are prompted by User Account Control, click Continue.
    - At the command prompt, type powercfg.exe /hibernate off and then press Enter then close the Command Prompt.

2) Enable MSI (Message Signaled-based Interrupts) mode on all your supported devices (see the column "supported modes") with MSI Mode Utility (Right click on "MSI_util_v3.exe" > Run as administrator), then Apply, then close MSI Mode Utility & restart your PC.
    Tried the suggested tips, didnt do anything. The audio shutting off is back again though. I will be watching something like say, a YouTube Video. And if I skip around the video to different points, the audio completely stops working on my PC until I reboot. Any ideas?

Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast