Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast
    New ROGer Array

Hello mokichu, nice work as always.

I was wondering, since I dont want any of the third party software, can I comment out the lines for those .inf in install.cmd?
    Will the upgrade from your .2286 package complete this way?

ROG Guru: Green Belt Array MoKiChU PC Specs
    MoKiChU PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS ROG Strix Z370-F Gaming
    ProcessorIntel Core i7-8700K
    Memory (part number)Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4 2666MHz CL16 - 16GB (2 x 8GB)
    Graphics Card #1ASUS ROG Strix GTX 1080 Ti OC
    MonitorASUS ROG Strix XG35VQ
    Storage #1SSD NVMe Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB
    Storage #2SSD NVMe Samsung 960 EVO 250GB | SSD NVMe Corsair Force MP510 240GB | SSHD AHCI Seagate FireCuda 2TB
    CPU CoolerCooler Master ML240L RGB
    CaseBitFenix Enso
    Power SupplyCorsair TX850M (850W)
    Keyboard Logitech G413
    Mouse Logitech G502
    Headset/Speakers Logitech Z333
    OS Windows 11 Pro 21H2/CO/22000.x

Quote Originally Posted by Elinor View Post
    Can someone explain to me what is the difference between both drivers do I need both of them to be installed.

Realtek USB Audio Drivers and or Realtek Audio Drivers

I have these boards a MAXIMUS XIII HERO and a TUF GAMING Z590-PLUS

Thank You
    Hi,

- Your ASUS ROG Maximus XIII Hero is an ASUS ROG SS3|DTS Sound Unbound motherboard with ALC408x codec, so :

You need Realtek USB Audio Drivers (UAD - ASUS ROG SS3-DTS MB) from the first post of this thread.

Follow scrupulously your CLEANUP process then your INSTALL process, for the next drivers packages that I would release, you will can directly follow your UPDATE process.

- Your ASUS TUF Gaming Z590-PLUS is an ASUS TUF DTS Custom motherboard, so :

You need Realtek Audio Drivers (UAD - ASUS TUF/PRIME DTS Custom MB) from the first post of this thread : [DRIVERS] Realtek Audio (MB | Intel 2xx/3xx/4xx/5xx & AMD 3xx/4xx/5xx).

Follow scrupulously your CLEANUP process then your INSTALL process, for the next drivers packages that I would release, you will can directly follow your UPDATE process.

Quote Originally Posted by vermis View Post
    Hello mokichu, nice work as always.

I was wondering, since I dont want any of the third party software, can I comment out the lines for those .inf in install.cmd?
    Will the upgrade from your .2286 package complete this way?
    Hi,

If you delete the lines for the third party drivers, equalizer in Realtek Audio Control will not work.

Refer to this post about different types of install, from the most complete to the lightest : https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthrea...e11#post839223.
    Last edited by MoKiChU; 09-14-2021 at 07:20 PM.

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by MoKiChU View Post
    Hi,

If you delete the lines for the third party drivers, equalizer in Realtek Audio Control will not work.

Refer to this post about different types of install, from the most complete to the lightest : https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthrea...e11#post839223.

Ok, thank you. Keep up the good work.

ROG Junior Member Array

Hi folks. I have ROG STRIX Z590-E GAMING and I tried with Realtek USB Audio Drivers (UAD - ASUS ROG SS3-DTS MB) but still having echo. Could you please tell me if there something else I could do to solve this issue? Thanks!

MoKiChU PC Specs
    Storage #2SSD NVMe Samsung 960 EVO 250GB | SSD NVMe Corsair Force MP510 240GB | SSHD AHCI Seagate FireCuda 2TB
    CaseBitFenix Enso
    Keyboard Logitech G413
    Mouse Logitech G502

Quote Originally Posted by tinchocba View Post
    Hi folks. I have ROG STRIX Z590-E GAMING and I tried with Realtek USB Audio Drivers (UAD - ASUS ROG SS3-DTS MB) but still having echo. Could you please tell me if there something else I could do to solve this issue? Thanks!
    Hi,

You have an ASUS ROG SS3|DTS Sound Unbound motherboard with ALC408x codec, so :

You need Realtek USB Audio Drivers (UAD - ASUS ROG SS3-DTS MB) from the first post of this thread.

Regarding your echo issue :

- Check that Sonic Studio Virtual Mixer is disabled : Sonic Studio III > Record Studio > Virtual Mixer > Virtual Mixer : Off.
    - Check that Listen to this device is unchecked : Right click on sound icon tray > Sound > Recording tab > Click on your audio recording device > Properties > Listen tab > Listen to this device : Unchecked > OK

ROG Junior Member Array

Hi,

You have an ASUS ROG SS3|DTS Sound Unbound motherboard with ALC408x codec, so :

Regarding your echo issue :

- Check that Sonic Studio Virtual Mixer is disabled : Sonic Studio III > Record Studio > Virtual Mixer > Virtual Mixer : Off.
    - Check that Listen to this device is unchecked : Right click on sound icon tray > Sound > Recording tab > Click on your audio recording device > Properties > Listen tab > Listen to this device : Unchecked > OK
    Hi MoKiChU! Thanks for your answer. I did exactly that way and several times. I also tried with another versions (from here https://www.station-drivers.com/inde...S/lang,en-gb/) and always the same issue. At the moment I have 6.3.9600.2290 version installed (from your compilation). Everything is disabled in Sonic Studio III. I really don't know what else to do. Also the mic gets cut and is +20 dB. Maybe will have to buy a Sound Blaster...

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array

Quote Originally Posted by Zardoc View Post
    The TUF series uses Realtek ALC S1200A 7.1 Surround Sound High Definition Audio CODEC
    The Maximus XIII uses USB audio 4080 codec
    Zardoc, didn't you say you were in contact with Asus before about the "Delayed WAV file" and sound clipping problem with windows "system" sounds or direct WAV file playback?

I checked Asus site and they still haven't updated any drivers.
    Have any of the updates here fixed this issue? I have long since given up and reinstalled my Creative X-fi PCIE card, after buying a x4 riser adapter, so it no longer blocks the intake of my RTX 3090 FE (the adapter is much smaller so the 3090 FE's fan intake is no longer blocked). And now all my sounds are perfect again with the X-fi Fatal1ty card.

New ROGer Array

Hi all, I have the CDH (Crosshair VIII Dark Hero) and currently having lots of issues with my audio drivers.
    I stumbled into this thread and can someone help me to understand, what is meant by "SS3" board? Does it mean "Sonic Studio 3" compatible?
    Is my board a SS3 board? And what driver should I use?

MoKiChU PC Specs
    CaseBitFenix Enso
    Keyboard Logitech G413
    Mouse Logitech G502

Quote Originally Posted by AsusExplorer View Post
    Hi all, I have the CDH (Crosshair VIII Dark Hero) and currently having lots of issues with my audio drivers.
    I stumbled into this thread and can someone help me to understand, what is meant by "SS3" board? Does it mean "Sonic Studio 3" compatible?
    Is my board a SS3 board? And what driver should I use?
    Hi,

You have an ASUS ROG SS3|DTS Sound Unbound motherboard, so :

You need Realtek Audio Drivers (UAD - ASUS ROG SS3-DTS MB) from the first post of this thread : [DRIVERS] Realtek Audio (MB | Intel 2xx/3xx/4xx/5xx & AMD 3xx/4xx/5xx).

New ROGer Array

Hi,

You have an ASUS ROG SS3|DTS Sound Unbound motherboard, so :

You need Realtek Audio Drivers (UAD - ASUS ROG SS3-DTS MB) from the first post of this thread : [DRIVERS] Realtek Audio (MB | Intel 2xx/3xx/4xx/5xx & AMD 3xx/4xx/5xx).

Thank you MoKiChU, followed the procedures and the drivers seem to have installed successfully and I can now enable the audio enhancements in the sounds control panel without losing sound, which was the issue I had.

A couple of things;
    I notice after following the clean up procedure that Sonic Companion was still installed.
    It doesnt show up in Apps, so I dont know how to uninstall it.
    I havent installed Sonic Studio 3 as yet and the Realtek Audio Control/Console did not auto-install after reboot and I havent installed it yet either.

Now I see the following event being raised every few seconds in the event logs:
    Unable to start a DCOM Server: DTSInc.DTSSoundUnbound_2020.3.28.0_x64__t5j2fzbtdg 37r!.... blah/blah Unavailable/Unavailable
    The error happened while starting this command:
    "C:\Windows\system32\backgroundTaskHost.exe" - ServerName:App.AppX3aegnvdast64jybm4fcjeh....blah/blah.mca

Any ideas as to why this error is happening or how to resolve it?

edit: also the only DTS related service I see running in services is DtsApo4Service which is set to automatic

edit #2 So this issue of the DCOM Server error is resolved once the DTS Sound Unbound app is installed.
    I dont know why I need this app or what it does, if anyone knows please tell me.

Finally should I install Sonic Studio 3 app ? Is it required by the drivers?
    Last edited by AsusExplorer; 09-05-2021 at 03:42 AM.

Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast