cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS ROG Strix x570-f ram timings issue

heart_of__the__
Level 7
Hi there,
i have a 3700x on an ROG Strix x570-F board, and 2x16GB G.Skill 3600 CL16 sticks.
A while ago, I changed my memory timings. It worked well. Today I download a new version of D-Ram calculator and saw that the recommended timings had been changed. I thought oh well, let's try this. I change the timings in my bios (1405) and notice that my reported numbers in Windows hadn't changed, i checked in both Ryzen Master and AIDA 64. Then I went back into my bios.

For example, I changed tcl from 16 to 14 and next time it should have reported a tcl of 14. It didn't, my bios showed two 16s again. Even more confusing, it still showed the 14 I changed it to in that box to the right of it and didnt register it to be a different value from the actual timings (F10 told me there were no changes, even when i reentered the same values).

Other than that i have no issues with instability, but what's going on here?
1 REPLY 1

heart_of__the__
Level 7
So, I figured it out.
My timings were not applied, because Ryzen Master was somehow storing my memory timings... somewhere. I almost went crazy trying to find this out. If you absolutely have to use Ryzen Master, don't save anything. I updated my BOIS to 1407, which fixed the memory problem, but then my drives weren't detected, because of that stupid CSM option nobody tells you about. And to make matters worse, i still had to restart my BIOS to make my drives visible. 30 minutes well spent.