2020/05/20

ROG STRIX Z390-H GAMING BIOS 2804
Improve system’s stability

did anyone try this one out yet?
4 REPLIES 4

oG_kill3r
Level 7
Yes

ok better question are you still using it?

Stex-red wrote:
ok better question are you still using it?

I'm not using it, and I don't recommend it. It caused hard freezes on my system even when set to factory defaults. It also has a bug in the chassis fan setup. If you set Chassis Fan 1 to Custom Profile you cannot change the Chassis Fan 1 Min. Duty Cycle (%) without an input error regardless of what value you enter.

This is actually the first ASUS bios update I had to revert after owning multiple ASUS boards over the years so I'm not too worried about it.

I'd stay on 2606.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950x | Mobo: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero (BIOS 4602) | Cooler: Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360
Memory: G.SKILL Trident Z Neo 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4-3600 CL16 | GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti FE | PSU: Corsair HX Series HX850
Drives: Samsung 980 PRO 2TB x2, WD_BLACK 10TB HD | Case: Fractal Design Meshify 2 Dark Tinted Glass

rexbinary
Level 8
I'm sorry to bump this but I need to provide a correction to my comments.

I went back and tried 2804 again. I downloaded a new copy of the BIOS in case my old file was corrupted. After loading the BIOS I reset it to defaults twice and then restored all my settings from screenshots by hand.

I solved what I thought was a bug where I was getting an input error regardless of what value I entered for Chassis Fan 1 Min. Duty Cycle (%). I needed to run the the Q-Fan optimization first before I could set that value below the default. So that was my mistake there.

Since going these steps I have had zero issues with 2804. I apologize for incorrectly discouraging anyone to load this BIOS. 😮

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950x | Mobo: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero (BIOS 4602) | Cooler: Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360
Memory: G.SKILL Trident Z Neo 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4-3600 CL16 | GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti FE | PSU: Corsair HX Series HX850
Drives: Samsung 980 PRO 2TB x2, WD_BLACK 10TB HD | Case: Fractal Design Meshify 2 Dark Tinted Glass