cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS ARMURY CRATE - How a company like ASUS deem this acceptable?

Trustdesa
Level 7
The software is absolutely shambles, it is worst than something made by someone just learning how to code via YouTube Tutorials, it does not run properly giving issues saying error connecting, it does not even recognize peripherals, it is totally worthless.

Can someone from Asus come and explain how a serious manufacturer can justify such as lack of service? For a £2xx MotherBoard with a broken software? Buggy is something totally useless is something else...Windows store reviews are the same as feedback here yet there is no action taken whilst grabbing £2xx for a motherboard with a "gaming" brand on it with a software made by some 12 years old?

Come on...Asus get your act together this is pathetic!
2 REPLIES 2

baconmania
Level 7
It's nothing less than obnoxious. I suspect Asus's marketing budget outweighs their engineering budget, because none of the fancy ROG products (or their related software) ever come close to delivering on their promises. Armoury Crate is a hellscape, Aura Sync has been broken for years, and even when any of their software does work, it's completely inconsistent. RGB DRAM might be detected on one bootup, but who knows about the next bootup. Or you might spend lots of time setting up your per-area RGB settings in Aura Sync so that everything is just right, only to find that all your configs have disappeared after you restart your PC.

Suffice it to say that I'm not buying Asus products for any of my future builds. Gigabyte or MSI seem to be a better move by far these days.

It's a shame, since I've been an Asus customer since my first build back when I was 14. But I can't justify paying premium money for a motherboard when the attitude seems to be "we've already got your cash for the hardware, who cares if our supporting software is broken".

Jesseinsf
Level 10
How was the software originally installed? Was it downloaded and installed from the support website?