cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zenith II Extreme Alpha does not boot to Windows install on NVME SSD

theplumblossom2
Level 7
Hi, I have a RoG Zenith II Extreme Alpha with 3990x, and a 1TB Samsung SSD NVME 970 Pro. When I install windows onto the NVME and Windows reboots, the system does not find the installed Windows, and since there is no valid boot device, takes me straight to BIOS. Does this have something to do with the way NVME boots differently than older SSDs? How can I get my system to boot on my NVME Windows installation?
4 REPLIES 4

Jesseinsf
Level 10
theplumblossom2 wrote:
Hi, I have a RoG Zenith II Extreme Alpha with 3990x, and a 1TB Samsung SSD NVME 970 Pro. When I install windows onto the NVME and Windows reboots, the system does not find the installed Windows, and since there is no valid boot device, takes me straight to BIOS. Does this have something to do with the way NVME boots differently than older SSDs? How can I get my system to boot on my NVME Windows installation?

Are you using the DIMM.2 module or the M.2 slots?

MoKiChU
Level 40
Hi,

Try this : Go in your BIOS/UEFI : Advanced Mode (F7) > Boot tab :

- CSM > Launch CSM : Disabled
- Secure Boot > OS Type : Windows UEFI Mode
- Boot Option #1: Windows Boot Manager (Samsung SSD 970 PRO 1TB)
- Save & Restart (F10).

I've managed to install Win10 Pro by booting up with Gparted and converting the raid array from MBR to GPT. Then installing win10Pro and loading drivers in order.

Jesseinsf
Level 10
theplumblossom2 wrote:

The reason why I asked if you are using the DIMM.2 slot or the M.2 slot is because the DIMM.2 slot is disabled by default which you have to enable, and you need to turn on the native NVMe driver so it will boot. Also, if you are using the M.2 slot, you will also need to turn on the native NVMe driver so it will boot.