cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus Rog Strix x570-f - High chipset temps?

ebilcake
Level 7
Under load it's pushing 80C which seems unsafe, and it's audible. The case has pretty good airflow so not sure why it's this high.

No overclocking, everything is running stock volts, mostly. Is this safe? I've had no shutdowns but still it's a bit concerning. 😞
8 REPLIES 8

ebilcake
Level 7
Is this forum dead? or have I posted in the wrong place?

MiniRawr
Level 7
ebilcake wrote:
Under load it's pushing 80C which seems unsafe, and it's audible. The case has pretty good airflow so not sure why it's this high.

No overclocking, everything is running stock volts, mostly. Is this safe? I've had no shutdowns but still it's a bit concerning. 😞

I have the gaming-e motherboard and I don't like the temp I get in chipset too. It's always around 65º to 70ºC in idle.
The only thing I did to see if something get better, was to move my video card to the lower slot so I could clear the chipset fan area to get a better air flow, but it didn't change much.

I still would like to see some third parties making a fanless chipset heatsing for these x570 motherboards.

Super_Gnome
Level 11
ebilcake wrote:

I like cooler temperatures, too, and that would concern me. However, if you consider laptops typically run at higher temperatures than that you probably don't have much to worry about. In fact, I have a laptop I gamed on for years, and which would shut down all the time because it would get overheated. Believe it or not, I still have the laptop and it still works fine (twenty years old now, lol). Your system is not a laptop though, so it is probably built differently, but still. Then, too, maybe you ought to dig deeper. There are probably ways to cool your chipset somehow it if really needs it. In my case I do a few things to keep my rigs and all of their temperatures running cooler. For example, on both of my cases, which have poor airflow from the front, I have literally taken the front glass and/or panel off the cases and have mesh over the fans at the front (you can get mesh with magnets to cover two 140 mm fans for example). Second, I have Turbo GPUs, which pull air from inside the case, and then dump it out the back of the case as opposed to inside the case (frankly I don't know why anyone would go with GPUs that dump a s$%#t ton of heat inside the case, but these days those kinds of cards are all the rage). Third, I have industrial type fans in my cases, Noctua fans, and these things can really crank up the airflow. Fourth, in summer I literally take the side panel off and have a desk fan parked at the side blowing air inside. Fifth, I usually lower and limit the in game settings--a lot of times the difference I see in game is minimal.

As for whether or not this forum is dead or not, it is not dead, but it gets a lot less traffic than Tom's Hardware. If I post something here, and get no replies, I typically post the same thing at that website, and usually get at least a few responses. If I were you, I'd post there to see if you ought to do anything, and if needed what (else) you can do.

Thanks for the replies, I'm yet to see any issues so I'm guessing it's safe enough, it's the noise from the fan I find annoying.

You go though the effort of fitting out your case with quiet fans so idle barely makes any noise.... but it's pointless when you have this constant fan noise from the chipset fan..... It's not loud by any means, but it's just always there.

According to HWinfo it's stuck at around 2500rpm while idle... :mad:

I've come across this myself, see my recent post. It basically has multiple design flaws and actually breaks the ATX specification of a maximum height of 0.6" (15.24mm) for components around the PCI/ PCIe slots.

I'm keen to see Asus comment on this!

Arokhantos
Level 10
X570-E over here motherboard temps are chipset temps right ?
Anyway im watercooled on my rig with triple radiator setup and Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic XL (ROG Certified) - White case
nvm i found it in hwinfo its just fixed at 62.5c i doubt the sensor is reporting anything correctly
ROG Strix X570-E Gaming/ Ryzen 9 5950x / 4x8 GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo F4-3600C16Q-32GTZN / Liquid Devil 7900 XTX / 2x samsung 980 PRO 2 TB / 2x samsung 860 evo 1 tb / 2x crucial mx500 2 TB / LG 38WN95C-W 3840x1600 144hz / 12 inch system info display

Arokhantos wrote:
X570-E over here motherboard temps are chipset temps right ?
Anyway im watercooled on my rig with triple radiator setup and Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic XL (ROG Certified) - White case
nvm i found it in hwinfo its just fixed at 62.5c i doubt the sensor is reporting anything correctly

Based on the fanspeed and noise I'm more inclined to believe the reading from hwinfo, it's like the faint sound if an angry bee constantly in the background. 😞

Arokhantos
Level 10
my chipset fan runs at around 2500 rpm avg usually haven't heard it yet it supose to kick in when you run pci-e 4.0 device that should not happen right now since there no 4.0 capable hardware out yet i believe, or when populating m2 slots altho if populated only 1 at the moment gonna add another in future probably 2 tb nvme maybe 2 2 tb nvme once the prices drop
ROG Strix X570-E Gaming/ Ryzen 9 5950x / 4x8 GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo F4-3600C16Q-32GTZN / Liquid Devil 7900 XTX / 2x samsung 980 PRO 2 TB / 2x samsung 860 evo 1 tb / 2x crucial mx500 2 TB / LG 38WN95C-W 3840x1600 144hz / 12 inch system info display