cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade SSHD 2TB on ASUS ROG Strix SCAR III G731GU BI7N9

F_galarza
Level 8
Hello

I need orientation, I take a ASUS ROG Strix SCAR III G731GU BI7N9, and I reed on ASUS Web the maximum upgrade for this gaming laptop is 1TB. But I saw in YouTube video upgrade to 2TB SSHD. The question is possible to upgrade to 2TB SSHD? And are your recommended a bran of SSHD? Also I upgrade the RAM to 32Mb, which RAM Brand recommend for gaming, I need to buy 2 RAM of 16MB each one?Please let's me any information as soon as possible. Thanks for great peoples in the forum.
7 REPLIES 7

Blake1
Level 10
Hello F_galarza,
I'm sorry that we are not able to guarantee the compatibility and performance of 2TB SSHD on this model, we only tested Seagate1TB.
For RAM, we have tested Hynix and Samsung.
Thank you.

Thanks for clarify the info. I need to buy a 1TB SSHD. I saw in YouTube a video with technical put a 2TB SSHD in this model and other 2 models : (here the link of video)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ovY7B3_5LfE

And this video create a little interrogation, and I decide enter in the forum with professionals in ASUS technology and create this thread. And appreciate your time in response . Sorry but I take another questions. The laptop take 2 RAM memory of 8MB each one or take 1 of 16MB? I don't opened at this moment. Or you recommend buy 2 RAM modules same brand of 16MB each one? Thanks for quickly response and I'm beginners in gaming.

you can upgrade laaptop, but it is advised to upgrade after the warrenty period is over. To upgrade the ram you have to install the same model of the previously installed ram.
to do that download CPU-Z and in the SPD tab copy the part no. and google that to find a compatable ram.

F_galarza
Level 8
Thanks for the all orientation and info.

You can upgrade straight away. It will not void warranty. Just open and see what's inside. Luckily mine came with one stick of 16 Gb. Found absolutely the same model in Amazon and now it's 2x16. Pay attention when opening for the led strip connection cables. Watch some videos on YouTube. And No - they do NOT need to be unplugged (as all the youtubers state), just twist the cover in the right direction. One more thing - two of the screws are not made to be removed. They have a washer, which holds them in place when unscrewed.

Clintlgm
Level 14
I wouldn't be afraid to put a 2Tb HD in a 2.5 SSD would be better but what ever as long as it is the 2.5 notebook hard drive format and no more than 9.5mm thick
just match the RAM you currently have you can check with Crucial website they have a tool that will tell you what will work.
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
1 TB Samsung 850 pro 2.5 format
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
Windows 10 Pro
Z97 -A
Windows 10 Pro

F_galarza
Level 8
Thanks all for the info and orientation.