cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus ROG Strix x570-E Gaming and a Ryzen 1700X

darkjujitsu
Level 7
I bought one of these motherboards to replace my dead X370 mobo.
The supported CPU list for the ROG Strix X570-E Gaming shows the 1700X supported with bios version 1409. The newest version of the bios available for download is 1408.
How do I get 1409 so I can use my 1700X without having to buy another CPU when I have a perfectly good one that is supposedly compatible?
EDIT:
I have upgraded my Bios to the compatible 1409 bios and my 1700X still gives the exact same error: 00 on the motherboard and ram light flashing.
Is there anyone who has a 1st gen Ryzen working with this so I can have some confirmation on if this is actually a compatible working CPU or if this is misrepresented on the compatibility list?
2 REPLIES 2

portmarc
Level 7
darkjujitsu wrote:
The supported CPU list for the ROG Strix X570-E Gaming shows the 1700X supported with bios version 1409. The newest version of the bios available for download is 1408.
How do I get 1409 so I can use my 1700X without having to buy another CPU when I have a perfectly good one that is supposedly compatible?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Looks like 1409 was put up today: https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards/ROG-Strix-X570-E-Gaming/HelpDesk_Download/

NaeemPK
Level 7
darkjujitsu wrote:
EDIT:
I have upgraded my Bios to the compatible 1409 bios and my 1700X still gives the exact same error: 00 on the motherboard and ram light flashing.
Is there anyone who has a 1st gen Ryzen working with this so I can have some confirmation on if this is actually a compatible working CPU or if this is misrepresented on the compatibility list?

hey man did you got it working with new bioses ? i want to run 1800x