cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PSU corsair RM750

Pai_Incognito__
Level 7
Hello guys. My PSU corsair RM750 it's compatible with a Asus dual rtx 2070 super evo OC 8gb?
10 REPLIES 10

MoKiChU
Level 40
Hi,

Yes of course, you should have 2 cables with writing "PCI-E" on the 6+2 pin. One must be connected in 6+2 pin to the 8 pin of the graphics card, and the other in 6 pin (the 2 other pin remaining on the side) on the 6 pin of the graphics card.

MoKiChU wrote:
Hi,

Yes of course, you should have 2 cables with writing "PCI-E" on the 6+2 pin. One must be connected in 6+2 pin to the 8 pin of the graphics card, and the other in 6 pin (the 2 other pin remaining on the side) on the 6 pin of the graphics card.

So the cables from my Asus strix gtx 980 oc edition works with the rtx 2070?

Pai Incognito^^ wrote:
So the cables from my Asus strix gtx 980 oc edition works with the rtx 2070?

What comes with graphics cards are adapters (Molex to PCI-E), use the 2 cables PSU to PCI-E 6+2 pin from the package of your Corsair PSU.

MoKiChU wrote:
What comes with graphics cards are adapters (Molex to PCI-E), use the 2 cables PSU to PCI-E 6+2 pin from the package of your Corsair PSU.

I think I use the PSU cables on my gtx 980, so it will works on the rxt 2070, if I'm right.

Pai Incognito^^ wrote:
I think I use the PSU cables on my gtx 980, so it will works on the rxt 2070, if I'm right.

Yes it will work, even if it is not optimal as I explained to you.

MoKiChU wrote:
Yes it will work, even if it is not optimal as I explained to you.

OK, I will confirm if I'm using the PCI-E cables and if I'm not, I will change it. Ty very much!

Pai Incognito^^ wrote:
OK, I will confirm if I'm using the PCI-E cables and if I'm not, I will change it. Ty very much!

You're welcome 😉

If I ask you to use the 2 direct cables PSU to PCI-E 6+2 pin supplied with your PSU instead of using PSU to Molex then to Molex adapters to PCI-E 6+2 pin, it's is to avoid adapters but above all so that your graphics card can have full power via a different power rail than that used by Molex.

MoKiChU wrote:
You're welcome 😉

If I ask you to use the 2 direct cables PSU to PCI-E 6+2 pin supplied with your PSU instead of using PSU to Molex then to Molex adapters to PCI-E 6+2 pin, it's is to avoid adapters but above all so that your graphics card can have full power via a different power rail than that used by Molex.

Yes, I understand that. I already check the cables and my gtx 980 is plugged to my PSU with a black cable, no adapters and the gpu have 2 holes, one with 8 pin and other with 6. So I think Im using PCI-E cables.

And I have a last question: I have my desktop and the screen connected to a UPS with 405W and I can use my desktop without issues. It will handle the rtx 2070 instead gtx 980?

Pai Incognito^^ wrote:
It will handle the rtx 2070 instead gtx 980?

Yes, at 10/15W near, it's the same energy consumption.