cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG Dominus Extreme and 2 pcs of 128 Gb g.skill Kits - will it work?

automobile
Level 7
Looking for an appropriate memory for my ROG Dominus Extreme. As g.skill announced a 192 Gb Kit for this platform - I can't find any for sale. I wrote to support, they fwd me to their sales dep. and the sales department won't reply.
So the question is if I would buy, for example, 2 kits of TridentZ RGB Series F4-3600C17Q2-128GTZR would it work as a hexachannel memory?
I know that Corsair has 192 Gb kits for Dominus, but I like the illumination of g.skill TridentZ RGB series.*
5 REPLIES 5

Silent_Scone
Super Moderator
Hello,

These kits are only likely to be produced in small numbers. Regardless, mixing kits of that density is not likely to work without manual tuning, or at all at the validated frequency.

It would however still operate in hex channel configuration regardless of frequency.
13900KS / 8000 CAS36 / ROG APEX Z790 / ROG TUF RTX 4090

automobile
Level 7
Thanks for the reply...
So, looking to Corsair then...*

Hello, I tried G.Skill kits, and an HyperX Predator 4600 Mhz kit on my Rog Dominus Extreme board, I spent a lot of money on these kits and tried with them a lot of settings: G.Skill and HyperX memories are unstable with the ROG Dominus Extreme. I then buy a Corsair Vengeance 4000 MHZ kit sold specifically for the ROG Dominus Extreme. With this a Corsair Vengeance 4000 MHZ kit the operation is perfectly stable for a year of use.
Also the motherboard Rog Dominus Extreme board running stability has been improved since I added the 12V power cable EZ_PLUG (see page 1-29 letter E of the manual) My PSU is a Corsair AX1600i that works perfectly.

Hello !
I use 12x G.Skill F4-3200C14-16GTRS modules (3x 64Gb sets) an it works perfect.
3200-14-14-14-34 T1 rock stable.

machproo wrote:
Hello, I tried G.Skill kits, and an HyperX Predator 4600 Mhz kit on my Rog Dominus Extreme board, I spent a lot of money on these kits and tried with them a lot of settings: G.Skill and HyperX memories are unstable with the ROG Dominus Extreme. I then buy a Corsair Vengeance 4000 MHZ kit sold specifically for the ROG Dominus Extreme. With this a Corsair Vengeance 4000 MHZ kit the operation is perfectly stable for a year of use.
Also the motherboard Rog Dominus Extreme board running stability has been improved since I added the 12V power cable EZ_PLUG (see page 1-29 letter E of the manual) My PSU is a Corsair AX1600i that works perfectly.

Great! Thanks for the tip!
no_fate wrote:
Hello !
I use 12x G.Skill F4-3200C14-16GTRS modules (3x 64Gb sets) an it works perfect.
3200-14-14-14-34 T1 rock stable.

So, I suppose XMP profile won't work and you did the timing manually?
Thanks!