Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GTX 1080 Aero on G20CB Shutting Down Under Load

Banannaa
Level 7
Greetings everyone
Currently running a G20CB
6700 non k I*have a 1080 aero card and my *pc is set up with the two power bricks. Now my problem is because I have to drop my power limit down to 60% . If I do not do that it will shut down my PC under load. Now I have tried moving my jumpers and I’ve seen everyone else’s build and I do not have the jdc11 pins on my mobo. I’m kind of stuck at this point because I’ve exhausted everything I’ve seen around. I know there is some people running a 1080 with two bricks. Now when I’m playing both my bricks warm up and I’ve seen the TDP on this 1080 is 180. If anyone can help out or lead me to the right direction it would gladly help me progress on my build thank you so much !
3 REPLIES 3

Blake1
Level 10
Hello Banannaa,
To maintain stable power supply, we do not recommend to change the GPU setting on this model.
Sorry for any inconvenience caused.
Thank you.

Blake@ASUS wrote:
Hello Banannaa,
To maintain stable power supply, we do not recommend to change the GPU setting on this model.
Sorry for any inconvenience caused.
Thank you.

sorry, what GPU setting?*

Qctristania
Level 7
Banannaa wrote:
Greetings everyone
Currently running a G20CB
6700 non k I*have a 1080 aero card and my *pc is set up with the two power bricks. Now my problem is because I have to drop my power limit down to 60% . If I do not do that it will shut down my PC under load. Now I have tried moving my jumpers and I’ve seen everyone else’s build and I do not have the jdc11 pins on my mobo. I’m kind of stuck at this point because I’ve exhausted everything I’ve seen around. I know there is some people running a 1080 with two bricks. Now when I’m playing both my bricks warm up and I’ve seen the TDP on this 1080 is 180. If anyone can help out or lead me to the right direction it would gladly help me progress on my build thank you so much !

Hi, you just have to replace one of the powerbrick with one external psu. It’s what i did with My g20ci when i upgrade tge gpu to rx5700 xt. It was shutting too before. I moved tall the jumpers and the opposite of their orginal place.