cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to read(or see the values of) "IA AC Load Line" and "IA DC Load Line" ?

menaquinone
Level 8
For example when "IA AC Load Line" and "IA DC Load Line" are set to Auto in BIOS, what program (hwinfo or such) or something else(calculating it manually?) can show me their current values?

I read somewhere that when on Auto they are 2.1 milliOhms (and Intel manual(page 4) says 2 milliOhms is common) but I'm not sure if this depends on the CPU or motherboard or even what the BIOS wants to set when Auto. I know that if I use 0.01 for both, the PC won't boot/POST (but I only ever tried when CPU+GPU was already offset and seemingly stable already)

Note: I'm using i7-8700K and ASUS Prime Z370-A, if it matters. I'm still struggling to undervolt through BIOS-only as good as Intel XTU can do through Core Voltage Offset alone(for CPU/Cache/GPU).

Note: if you click the "somewhere" link from above, and you have changed the "Number of Posts to Show Per Page:" setting in your settings to be anything other than "Use Forum Default" or "Show 10 Posts Per Page", then it will point to the wrong page/post!
3 REPLIES 3

Falkentyne
Level 12
The newest beta version of hwinfo64 shows the AC/DC values if you go to the CPU extended information and page down a bit to above the register capabilities area.

Really appreciate it. Thank you.

With that it is now clear that the value in BIOS should be 2.10 (not 210), because when I enter 210:
and then press Enter:
it changes to max, which is: 62.49

This means that the info/description from below is wrong(BIOS update please? xD) when it says:
AC Loadline defined in 1/100 mOhms. A value of 100 = 1.00 mOhms, and 1255 = 12.55 mOhms. Range is 0-6249 (0-69.49 mOhms). 0 = AUTO/HW default. Uses BIOS mailbox command 0x2.

because a value over 62.49 (such as 210 which I've tried) gets capped to 62.49

Furthermore, using 2.10 as value, hwinfo64 confirms as being 2.100 mOhms afterwards.

There doesn't seem to be a BIOS setting for GT Domain Loadline AC/DC (guessing this would be for graphics), or maybe I haven't scoured all the places for BIOS settings...

sdmf74
Level 11
I know this thread is a little old but it is still relevant for current Z590 chipsets so for the sake of others who may visit this thread so you dont enter the wrong values in the bios and/or get confused like I did, Im not sure why the OP highlighted the second line in the screenshot, ie the GT domain loadline (AC/DC): (although he does mention that there is no bios setting for it) which is correct.

I have been setting both the AC & DC values to the SAME number (in mOHMS).
ie .01mOHMS aka svid behaviour best-case scenario or .600mOHMS aka svid behaviour Typical-case scenario. I believe the DC loadline affects the way power is displayed in HWinfo64 but Im not yet sure how to set that accurately.

I just came from Kaby lake which didnt have a setting for svid behaviour so I just learned that you must set IA AC/DC LL to "AUTO" in order for the svid behaviour to work!
I was trying to get a stable overclock and kept getting immediate errors in P95 with LLC4 even w/ very high vcore but LLC5 would pass P95 no problem. Its because I was using the standard .01 mOHM settings for AC/DC LL's (as we did on Z270) & changing the svid behaviours wasnt doing Anything.

Now by documenting what each svid behaviour automatically uses for values & the corresponding temps & voltages at 100% load I can just bypass svid behaviour & enter a higher number (but lower than svid behaviour defaults) in the AC/DC LL's fine tuning my overclock and hopefully acheiving the best overclock possible with the lowest temps possible.

If any of this is incorrect please feel free to correct me Im learning as I go as the 11900k & Z590 overclcoking knobs are very different from Z270
ASUS Maximus 13 Hero, Intel I9 11900k, EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 FTW3 ULTRA