Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Administrator Array Silent Scone@ROG's Avatar

Not all boards require an AC cycle, as long as the voltage is changing I'm not sure there's anything to address here. It can depend on the UEFI config as to what controllers are enabled/disabled, too. My CH8 behaves exactly in the same way.

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array digmeahole1 PC Specs
    digmeahole1 PC Specs
    MotherboardCrosshaor VIII HERO
    Processor3950X
    Memory (part number)G-Skill Trident Z RGB
    Graphics Card #1EVGA 980 K|NGP|N
    MonitorLG Ultrawide IPS
    Storage #1Sabrent Rocket
    Storage #2WD two tb
    CPU Coolercustom loop
    CaseBench
    Power SupplyEVGA Supernova 850 G2
    OS 10

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Scone@ASUS View Post
    Not all boards require an AC cycle, as long as the voltage is changing I'm not sure there's anything to address here. It can depend on the UEFI config as to what controllers are enabled/disabled, too. My CH8 behaves exactly in the same way.

I tried almost every option from raid to controllers on and off Bluetooth, WiFi, adapters, uefi boot options, each one at a time and no matter what i changed i never got a restart, aka cycle. If you are running the same board do you ever remember having a power cycle? Also from what i remember when ever i loaded optimized defaults i always had one.
    "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free" R.R.

ROG Guru: Blue Belt Array RedSector73 PC Specs
    RedSector73 PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)FA506IU-AL130T x 2
    MotherboardROG CROSSHAIR VIII HERO (WI-FI)
    ProcessorAMD Ryzen 9 3900X 12-Core Processor
    Memory (part number)4 x G.SKILL F4-3800C14D-16GTZN 14-16-16-36 Samsung B-Die
    Graphics Card #1Gigabyte Aorus RTX 2080 Ti Xtreme WaterForce (GV-N208TAORUSX W-11GC)
    Sound CardArctis DAC
    MonitorAsus ROG Swift PG348Q
    Storage #1ADATA SX8200PNP 1TB
    Storage #22 x Samsung SSD 840 EVO 250GB
    CPU CoolerCoolermaster Liquid Pro Master 360
    CaseEVGA DG-87 Gunmetal Grey Gaming Case
    Power SupplyEVGA SuperNOVA G2 750W Gold Power
    Keyboard Corsair K95 RGB Platinum
    Mouse Corsair Gaming Sabre RGB Gaming Mouse
    Headset ARCTIS Pro Wireless
    Mouse Pad Cooler Master MP750 RGB Cloth Gaming Mouse Pad Extra Large
    OS Windows 10 64bit Pro
    Network RouterRT-AC87U

I have no reason to think this will help or is the cause, but I would also look at.

If you have custom backing plate is it on correctly. (ie not backwards or missing isolation covers etc)
    Is it possible to overtighten the loop block onto the CPU. (ie does backing them off a little change things)

None of the above is suggested by the problem and don't expect this will help. But figured worth checking anyway.

digmeahole1 PC Specs
    Processor3950X
    MonitorLG Ultrawide IPS
    Storage #1Sabrent Rocket
    Storage #2WD two tb
    CPU Coolercustom loop
    CaseBench
    OS 10

Quote Originally Posted by RedSector73 View Post
    I have no reason to think this will help or is the cause, but I would also look at.

If you have custom backing plate is it on correctly. (ie not backwards or missing isolation covers etc)
    Is it possible to overtighten the loop block onto the CPU. (ie does backing them off a little change things)

None of the above is suggested by the problem and don't expect this will help. But figured worth checking anyway.
    I tried it and it was a little too tight for my taste but no changes. Hopefully getting a response from Asus today. Thanks for your effort and good ideas.
    "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free" R.R.

digmeahole1 PC Specs
    Processor3950X
    MonitorLG Ultrawide IPS
    Storage #1Sabrent Rocket
    Storage #2WD two tb
    CPU Coolercustom loop
    CaseBench
    OS 10

I gave up. I am RMA'ing the board. only few days left before im stuck sending it to Asus and no way i am doing that. I took an insane plunge and went with the GIGABYTE X570 AORUS XTREME. Wish me luck. I haven't had a GB board many years... Maybe its about time.

If i ever get an answer from the engineer i will post it here.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2