cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus MAXIMUS XII FORMULA

Matthew_F
Level 7
Hi Guys

I need some advice the question is regarding Electric Static Discharge mainly, I just bought a MAXIMUS XII FORMULA z490 motherboard from Amazion and I took is though bedroom describe environment yes it has a carpet, anyway put motherboard on my leather chair opened the box to examine the motherboard in detail everything looked fine. Then i noticed that on the screw mounting holes on motherboard bottom right and top right there was a some form substance on the motherboard very near the screw holes thinking it may be a scratch on motherboard i used my finger try rub it off to my relief after good rub managed to get rid of the debris only oils my finger print is on the area of screw hole bottom right screw hole and top right screw hole. my main worry is i could possibly cause ESD event i did have one hand on the box when rubbing the scratch on the board and technically i should used alchol with a cotton swap stick remove this but at time i was concerned it was a scratch on the motherboard. I could used someone knowledge and experiance on this have i caused ESD event.

see pics below

first pic just show motherboard
3 REPLIES 3

Matthew_F
Level 7
Well guys thanks for not bothering answer simple question, simple yes and no would allow me to make an important decision !!

drop4205
Level 12
I would not worry about it. I built mine and have carpet I was on. You are going to breadboard the system prior to install anyway I hope to make sure everything is in working order before putting in case?
Maximus XI Formula, I9-9900k, Phantex Evolove X, Seasonic Titanium 850W, Custom loop PE360+SE360 Rad, G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200C14 32g, Nvidia Reference RTX 2080 TI, Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1Tb, Windows 11

thanks, i was a bit worried as it was an expensive motherboard thank you for answering the question