cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ctrl-Z.. undoing AI Suite

tattooedpariah
Level 7
Ok, So I downloaded AI Suite 3 because I noticed that my RAM was running at 2133MHz when it should be good up to 3600..

When you first run AI Suite, it asked if you want to do the 5-way optimization. So I thought to myself, "well, alright, it's gonna save my current settings, figure out how far it can push my hardware, and let me go from there.. (I just built this set up like 7 weeks ago, so i really haven't done much with it yet..) I ran the 5 way, and have some irritations..

A) I still can't see how to adjust my RAM speed to take advantage of that..
B) I now have like 5 programs (apps) that run at start up, but are NOT in the list of apps running at start up, so I can't stop them from running
C) My fans are now doing what I can only describe as "hunting" temp goes up, fan spins up for 1.5 seconds causing temp to drop, so fans spin down, causing temp to go up, ad nauseum.... it's obnoxious and severely irritating. I tried selecting a fan profile from the included Fan Xpert 4, but nothing stops this hunting..

At this point, All I gained was a 17% CPU speed increase, which I didn't even really need in the first place, and some headaches.. so I thought, well screw it, I'll revert to how it was and uninstall, but wait, No one thought it might be a good idea to automatically created a "Before" profile when your program opens up and immediately displays a pop up asking the user to run the optimization?! Like I never even had a chance to save it myself unless I ignored the shiny new popup on the shiny new software.. yeah, that's my fault but come on, you gotta expect the user to be a little trigger happy and do us a favor and save us from ourselves..

Anyway, TL/DR, how do I make my computer behave like it did before I ever installed AI Suite?

Specs: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/tattooed_pariah/saved/hKdpGX
3 REPLIES 3

cuke2u
Level 8
I just uninstalled the Suite when it did nothing that the bios can do. There is a cleaner in the stickies you can download as well. If your ram supports either XMP or XMP11 then use that setting in the bios to overclock to the intended speed...
Asus Strix Z390-F, Intel i9 9900k, 32gb Team Group Night Hawk RGB, Corsair ML120 Pro RGB Premium AIO, be quiet! Straight Power 11 650W, AMD Vega 56, Lian Li Alpha 500X RGB, Sabrent Rocket Q 1TB NVMe

tattooedpariah
Level 7
uninstalled everything.. ran into the BIOS, looks like the best it'll do memory speed wise is 3200 (that was the highest 4x16gb option..) but my fans are running normally again (VERY quiet when not taxing the system, so I guess I'm good.. 😕

still thinks it's stupid that they didn't program it to automatically create a "default settings" option BEFORE it starts tweaking ****..

cuke2u
Level 8
Yet the motherboard is capable of 4800(O.C.)/4600(O.C)/4400(O.C)/4266(O.C.)/4133(O.C.)/4000(O.C.)/3866(O.C.)/3733(O.C.)/3600(O.C.)/3466(O.C.)/3400(O.C.)/3200/3000/2933/2800/2666/2400/2133 MHz so it should be able to run the memory at it's correct speed using XMP 2.0, is there not a setting for this? Works with my memory, although only 3200...
Asus Strix Z390-F, Intel i9 9900k, 32gb Team Group Night Hawk RGB, Corsair ML120 Pro RGB Premium AIO, be quiet! Straight Power 11 650W, AMD Vega 56, Lian Li Alpha 500X RGB, Sabrent Rocket Q 1TB NVMe