cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GL503VD LED keyborad not working

buko124
Level 7
Hi,

I have GL503VD laptop with not working LED keyboard lighting (it was previously working fine by sometime I have noticed it is not working anymore). I was trying every possible software changes for Aurora Core etc.
Updating BIOS and still nothing is working. RGB light just does not work from starting a laptop, before any OS is loaded.
So this is clearly Firmware of keyboard problem. I have searched in many other forum a trace this problem an for many users it was the same scenario.
Changing the Firmware using HotFix from ROG KB Firmware Update Tool solved the problem. There is not a version of this software with binary file to fix this for GL503VD users.
So I ask for any official, or unofficial method or ("magic file") to address this issue. Thank you for your help in advance.
6 REPLIES 6

yuanyasmine
Level 7
Same here, my keyboard completely died. Isn't working on bios, not lightning up.

Hello yuanyasmine,
You mean the keyboard light is not working or the keyboard is not working ? or both?
Please kindly send your device to service center for further examination.
Thank you.

Blake1
Level 10
Hello buko124,
When did this start to happen? After any update or modification?
Thank you.

Blake@ASUS wrote:
Hello buko124,
When did this start to happen? After any update or modification?
Thank you.

Hi,
I don't remember but I think it happen after some Windows 10 update. I'm not able to say exactly when it happened but i have noticed it some time ago.
Few days ago I have tried to light it up, because I'm using LEDs in some scenarios it was not a big deal so I have ignored the fact. Recently I have more this type scenarios when I need LEDs on keyboard so I decided doing something about it and wrote this post.

I have came up with idea that is risky. I thought what I had to lose. So I have changed filename from another model gl503gr model and used asus software to update the firmware to keyboard.
I have noticed following observations after this:
- LED still not working (before self-fix not working)
- LED from power button is not working anymore (before self-fix working)
- LED from caps lock was gone also (before self-fix was working)
- LED bulb is is now off when the laptop is off (before self-fix was always on)

So I don't recommend anybody with GL503VD trying that because it not fix anything. (There is no back from this, only another update that does not exist.)

Some questions:
- I have previously working power button LED, and Caps Lock so this indicate that firmware was ok ?
- Forgot to mention that this LED bulb was always ON, even when the power was off and laptop was on charger . Now is off. So what is telling us ?

Blake1
Level 10
Hello buko124,
Sorry for my late reply.
If you use the firmware from another similar model, yes, the firmware will work on some parts as the design is similar,
but also not working perfectly fit since the CPU, BIOS and all other drivers are different.
Please kindly send your device back to service center, we will help to flash your model firmware for you.
Thank you.