cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus Ax11000 5ghz-1 has stronger signal and strenght than 5ghz-2.

eblin
Level 7
Ok so for some reason my 5ghz-2 network has less signal and it shows transfer up to 1.2gbps while 5ghz-1 has better signal and it shows transfer up to 2.4gbps. Why is that? No matter what settings i do that's always the case.
I noticed that 5ghz-1 uses lower channels and 5ghz-2 uses higher channels.
When i speed test on 5ghz-1 i get full 1gig download and upload over wifi 6. But on 5-ghz2 get around 800mbps up and down.
When it comes to settings and channels a lot of things are buggy. I have tried both networks ax only, ac-ax mixed. I have tryed different channels and channel width and just about any setting and still same, one network is just faster w better signal than the other.
At least now with this router i have wifi everywhere and i never lag. Everything is instant and fast on every device. I never have wifi disconnected once yet on any network. its rocksolid stable.
5 REPLIES 5

wilsondenq
Level 10
eblin wrote:
Ok so for some reason my 5ghz-2 network has less signal and it shows transfer up to 1.2gbps while 5ghz-1 has better signal and it shows transfer up to 2.4gbps. Why is that? No matter what settings i do that's always the case.
I noticed that 5ghz-1 uses lower channels and 5ghz-2 uses higher channels.
When i speed test on 5ghz-1 i get full 1gig download and upload over wifi 6. But on 5-ghz2 get around 800mbps up and down.
When it comes to settings and channels a lot of things are buggy. I have tried both networks ax only, ac-ax mixed. I have tryed different channels and channel width and just about any setting and still same, one network is just faster w better signal than the other.
At least now with this router i have wifi everywhere and i never lag. Everything is instant and fast on every device. I never have wifi disconnected once yet on any network. its rocksolid stable.

If you enable 160MHz @5GHz -1 and disable 160MHz @5GHz-2 then 5G-1 will be faster than 5G-2

wilsondenq wrote:
If you enable 160MHz @5GHz -1 and disable 160MHz @5GHz-2 then 5G-1 will be faster than 5G-2

Nope not true at all. Not to mention that 160mhz is buggy as hell. And channel selection same thing... I want it on sertain channel but it selects totally difrent channel.? especiallly with 160mhz enabled. I have to use 80mhz in order for it to stay on the channel i want and only some channels work... buggy buggy

I set my system on the 160 MHz bandwidth and get 2400/2400 Mbps link speeds, possibly not actual, just indicated. As far as one being faster than the other, right now I am showing the second on 50% the speed of the first one. I just switched it over, so I may not have the channels set correctly yet, although it does show 160 MHz bandwidth..

I will check it more tomorrow.. I will make sure and move the router around to see if the antenna orientation is relevant..
Maximus Z790 Hero,
Intel i9-13900k
Intel BE200

Saltgrass
Level 13
I have looked at two systems with ax Wi-fi cards and both show the same thing. Link speeds for 5G are 2402/2402 and for 5G_Gaming, 1201/1201.

I have a Dell Gaming laptop and it came with a 1x1 Wi-Fi card and I don't remember the exact reason but they said the 1x1 cards were better for gaming. Perhaps the Gaming Radio is set up that way intentionally..
Maximus Z790 Hero,
Intel i9-13900k
Intel BE200

Saltgrass wrote:
I have looked at two systems with ax Wi-fi cards and both show the same thing. Link speeds for 5G are 2402/2402 and for 5G_Gaming, 1201/1201.

I have a Dell Gaming laptop and it came with a 1x1 Wi-Fi card and I don't remember the exact reason but they said the 1x1 cards were better for gaming. Perhaps the Gaming Radio is set up that way intentionally..

Correct 5ghz-1 is the strongest for me and 2 is 1.2gb...