cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crosshair VIII Hero (WiFi) - Anyone have recommendations on best settings?

MachineX
Level 7
My profile is currently what I am running. Other than setting the DOCP profile, pretty much stock. Not looking to really push things, just wondering if there are any basic settings to change to bump performance, or should be done by default.

Also the Ram I have Corsair Veng Pro RGB 3200, probably could go a bit higher, but the Ryzen calc does not support the chips so far. Does anyone have any suggestions for beginning settings/timings?

Appreciate any recommendations.

Thaiphoon Burner export of Ram is attached for reference.
3 REPLIES 3

todd200
Level 7
Other than DOCP I have raised power limits. It did help a bit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0J3Iswsvdvc

todd200 wrote:
Other than DOCP I have raised power limits. It did help a bit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0J3Iswsvdvc

So, I set my PBO to your video settings, with exception of setting the scaler to 4x on the 3950x, didn't see a negative since you didn't really see much difference between 1-4x.

Before I got 9201 in Cinebench R20, after I got 9491, so definitely some improvement.

Now hoping I can overclock my memory a bit, and see where that will take me. Will have to do some tweaking there, since the calc does't support these chips. Hoping since it is Corsair Pro, it can go up a bit. I would be ecstatic if I could hit 3600...but not hopeful.

MachineX wrote:
So, I set my PBO to your video settings, with exception of setting the scaler to 4x on the 3950x, didn't see a negative since you didn't really see much difference between 1-4x.

Before I got 9201 in Cinebench R20, after I got 9491, so definitely some improvement.

Now hoping I can overclock my memory a bit, and see where that will take me. Will have to do some tweaking there, since the calc does't support these chips. Hoping since it is Corsair Pro, it can go up a bit. I would be ecstatic if I could hit 3600...but not hopeful.

Nice! A 200+ point jump isn't bad at all. I got the same iirc.