cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RAM tweaks causes instability

Alcidic
Level 7
Hi guys,

So i just built my new PC and i'm trying to tweak my RAM to the 3600 Mhz it's rated for. I tried loading up the XMP/DOCP profile in the EUFI Bios, but it's causing instability. For instance, whenever the XMP profile is loaded up and i put the computer in sleep mode, the computer simply can't restart and stay in sleep mode. I'm sure it's the RAM that is causing the issue since whenever i set up the default settings in the bios this problem does not occur. Plus, when it does occur, the LED diagnostic light stays yellowish which stands for ram verefication according to the Mobo manual.

Since i'm a complete noob in terms of ram tweaking, here i am asking for help.

I did try to raise the RAM voltage a bit (to 1.38 to be exact), but it didn't make any difference and the same problem occured.

I did some research and found out about the DRAM calculator for ryzen. Maybe using it to setup the value in the bios could be a solution?

Here is my config:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X
MOBO: Asus ROG STRIX B450-F Gaming Atx am4 Motherboard
RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V 32 Gb DDR4-3600 Cl19 (F4-3600C19D-32GVRB ===> the single channel kit is in the MOBO QVL ===> F4-3600C19S-16GVRB)
GPU Gigabyte 5700 XT 8 Gb OC Gaming
PSU: Rosewill Capstone 1000w 80+ Gold semi-modular Atx (i know, overkill...)

If you have any question go ahead and ask! I'll try and answer asap!

Thank you for your help!
2 REPLIES 2

enyceedanny
Level 10
Alcidic wrote:
Hi guys,

So i just built my new PC and i'm trying to tweak my RAM to the 3600 Mhz it's rated for. I tried loading up the XMP/DOCP profile in the EUFI Bios, but it's causing instability. For instance, whenever the XMP profile is loaded up and i put the computer in sleep mode, the computer simply can't restart and stay in sleep mode. I'm sure it's the RAM that is causing the issue since whenever i set up the default settings in the bios this problem does not occur. Plus, when it does occur, the LED diagnostic light stays yellowish which stands for ram verefication according to the Mobo manual.

Since i'm a complete noob in terms of ram tweaking, here i am asking for help.

I did try to raise the RAM voltage a bit (to 1.38 to be exact), but it didn't make any difference and the same problem occured.

I did some research and found out about the DRAM calculator for ryzen. Maybe using it to setup the value in the bios could be a solution?

Here is my config:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X
MOBO: Asus ROG STRIX B450-F Gaming Atx am4 Motherboard
RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V 32 Gb DDR4-3600 Cl19 (F4-3600C19D-32GVRB ===> the single channel kit is in the MOBO QVL ===> F4-3600C19S-16GVRB)
GPU Gigabyte 5700 XT 8 Gb OC Gaming
PSU: Rosewill Capstone 1000w 80+ Gold semi-modular Atx (i know, overkill...)

If you have any question go ahead and ask! I'll try and answer asap!

Thank you for your help!

Can you post your current bios settings? (timings, soc voltage, infinity fabric clock, VDDG, etc)

Do have the latest BIOS installed ?
https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards/ROG-STRIX-B450-F-GAMING/HelpDesk_BIOS/

Do you have the latest AMD chipset drivers installed ?
https://www.amd.com/en/support/chipsets/amd-socket-am4/b450

What brand of RAM is actually on the sticks, samsung, micron or hynix and die type ?