cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please help me completely remove armoury crate

ahuimanu
Level 7
I've read a lot of conflicting information here but I have no desire, AT ALL, to have Armoury Crate installed on my Windows10 / Rampage VI Extreme Encore system that I build a week ago. In fact, I was very disappointed that the BIOS has a setting that tries to reinstall this software.

Although I ran all of the installers, the services continue to return over and over again.

Not sure why I'm this loyal to ASUS as these virus-like software packages that come with the boards are always bad news in my experience.

I would be very grateful for any help.

Thank you.
3 REPLIES 3

Braegnok
Level 14
Best method for me on my Z390 build was restart into BIOS, navigate to the Tools tab and then select the Asus Armoury Crate category. Than choose the Disable the download & Install Arrmoury Crate app option, save, exit. Than do a new clean Windows install, and your good to go.

TSportM
Level 11
can some one please help me out this software is crap, still in beta, for some reason it does not update my mouse rog chakram, if i unistall it i still have alot of asus services, clean os install is not an option right now
Rig1 - 14900KS - P112 - E88- MC86- Pcore 6.0/6.2/6.3 Asus Z690 Maximus Extreme - Ecores 4.7 - 48GB TForce 7200#64;7400ddr5 - MSI Suprim X RTX 4090@3070mhz - 24gb memory speed - Powerby corsair Ax1500i - Corsair1000d@custom Loop Rig2- 10920X@4.9 - Aorus X299 gaming 9 - gskill 3200@3600 - Zotac RTX 2080Ti - Powerby CM1200 - Noctua NHD15 black - Corsair 900D

Snaptrap
Level 10
This software functions like a rootkit. There's no getting rid of it unless you have a drive image to restore from. Always perform a backup before installing anything from Asus.